It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tommy Robinson (Arrested)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: skywatcher44

"We might as well be North Korea." Out of the mouth of babes..... All of these brain washed people promoting globalism and the NWO should listen closely to this young lasses words!

She's an idiot, he's not jailed, he's held in a police cell until Tuesday, due to it being bank holiday weekend. Otherwise he'd be out the next day.

The right to a fair trial or innocent until proven guilty protect an individual from being set up by courts and governments and are precisely what separates us from North Korea.

Oh wait, you mean he will still face a trial?

Well then you and all of the other British posters on here saying he is guilty or is a racist or other things are seeking to influence people using this social media and causing him to not be allowed to have a fair trial

I assume you will be turning yourself in to the authorities to accept your prison sentence

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
As a police officer do you think people should be allowed to violate laws with no consequence?

Absolutely not. I also believe laws should not take politics or political position into account either (some exceptions exist because of our Constitution / state constitutions).

To answer you're question the accused has a right to a fair trial, the public have no rights to interfere with court proceedings, surely you agree?

Surprisingly I agree with you, which given the responses in this thread place us in the minority. What they are accused of is disgusting and they should be held accountable for it and hopefully they will be found guilty. I prefer a court of law over the court of public opinion.

Also bear in mind my view on this is based on a US perspective and not a British one. However given how close our legal systems are I dont think I am that far off in my opinion on this story.

While I believe the media is important I personally and firmly believe a persons rights trump the public right to know whats going on. Our 1st amendment in the US, in addition to several scotus rulings, prohibits a judge from prohibiting a 3rd party unrelated to the case or media from discussing the case. Sadly that has the added consequence of placing the accused at a disadvantage. The media gets to report on info that may or may not be true and that may or may not be in context and because the prosecution and defense are prohibited from discussing the case they cant respond to the media reports to set the record straight (in those occasions where a judge places a gag order on both parties).

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Not really a suprize that Trump cult on ATS supports Tommy Robinson. You guys rush to defend any neo nazi scum from USA to Europe.
There is a clear pattern here. Same people who support Tommy Robinson have also defended the neo nazis in Charlottesville.

Bs. Prove it, I won't hold my breath though.

Knock yourself out

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

We've butted heads enough times over the years, the law of averages dictates we would eventually agree on something.

If the accused are guilty lock them up and throw away the key as far as I'm concerned, but the whole becoming involved in court proceedings is stupid and reckless, there are better ways to be heard than yelling outside the courthouse.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Not really a suprize that Trump cult on ATS supports Tommy Robinson. You guys rush to defend any neo nazi scum from USA to Europe.
There is a clear pattern here. Same people who support Tommy Robinson have also defended the neo nazis in Charlottesville.

Per usual, you haven't a clue what you're talking about.

I'd defend anyone's and everyone's right to record on a public street.

The idea you support sentencing without trial someone who recorded something you didn't want recorded, is straight out of the fascist and former USSR communist handbook.

Actually, while you call Robinson a Nazi simply for saying things which hurt your feelings, you're the one in here proudly defending Nazi policy enacted by the English court system. Just like the Nazi party, you'd proudly support rounding up and imprisoning anyone who dares say something you don't agree with. And given sentencing Robinson in the Muslim dominated English prisons is practically a death sentence, just like Nazi Germany you'd proudly defend murdering anyone you don't agree with. Only difference is you've chosen a death sentence at the hands of Muslim gangs in prison while the Nazis chose ovens.

Per usual you just spout bs strawman arguments.

Contempt of court is a criminal offence that can see people jailed for speeches or publications that create a "substantial risk that the course of justice in the proceedings in question will be seriously impeded or prejudiced".

Robinson is already under a suspended sentence for committing contempt of court over a gang rape case heard in Canterbury last year.

Judge Heather Norton handed him a three months imprisonment in May last year but suspended it for 18 months on the condition he did not commit further offences.

And so the idiot did and got arrested and you still bitch and whine even though Tommy broke the law.

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

We've butted heads enough times over the years, the law of averages dictates we would eventually agree on something.

If the accused are guilty lock them up and throw away the key as far as I'm concerned, but the whole becoming involved in court proceedings is stupid and reckless, there are better ways to be heard than yelling outside the courthouse.

Agreed

However, and correct me if I am wrong, he was not arrested for yelling outside the courthouse. I read he recorded (possibly live streamed it) the accused entering the building, which violated the judges gag order.
edit on 27-5-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Yes that's what he did to get arrested from what I understand, the videoing not the yelling, he was on a suspended sentence for doing the same thing a couple months earlier and that's why they locked him up, again. He had already done jail time in the past for mortgage fraud, it's not like he wasn't known to police .
edit on 27-5-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Seems like they have put a D notice on reporting , it looks like Downing street is getting the treatment

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13
No problem. I'm happy to help people who are open minded and willing to learn more

I think this is a good one from Oxford Union, if you can spare an hour...

It's basically the backstory. He explains what he has been through, how his home town Luton has changed dramatically, and how the police have failed these young girls.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucius Driftwood
a reply to: ScepticScot

Be honest, how did you vote in the scottish referendum on independence?

I voted yes but how do you think that relates to the topic?

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

So, what robinson says about Islam, is that racist to you?

I think it comes from the same fear of the other and need to blame that racism and antisemetism do.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

No, have you rread any of the Law on Media Court Cases? Im not acting as media and not posting in UK. It's also legal to chat on forums and blogs.

So seeing as none of the laws you cite exist, are not relevant, are for the wrong medium and in the wrong hyemisphere - No.
The clue is in the name 'press restriction in the UK'.on't have the slightewst

I guess it's more than obvious now people don't have the slightest clue about the relevant laws despite posting thorough run throughs and guides/links to the law.

Deny ignorance indeed.

edit on 28-5-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

bigot
ˈbɪɡət/
noun
a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

Tommy Robinson saw fit to dialogue with Maajid Nawaz. No racist insults, hatred or slurs. Dialogue.

A conversation with Adam Deen (Quillam Foundation) where he questions and challenges his beliefs but doesn't demand the removal of his right to think and say what he wishes. You're going to have to do better than throw generic slanders about.
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

So because you can find YouTube videos that means he isn't a racist and a bigot despite being ex BNP and founding the EDL. Think you need to do a bit more research.

He is not a racist. Religon is not a race! So when people pull the racist card against Robinson, i know they are just hating for the sske of it.

Former BNP member Tommy Robinson not racist. OK...

He has stated many times that he did not know non whites could not join, hence the reason why he left. Considering he has non white friends, that makes sense don't you think.

Unless you think he is an extreme racist, but also has friends which are not white : /

So he wasn't racist just a moron?

The idea that someone wouldn't know the BNP are a racist organisation is just absurd.

Obviously he made the wrong choice. No one can make mistakes no?

He clearly is not a racist, and I cannot stand ignorant people labelling someone racist when they Cleary are not.

Please tell me where he has stated that he hates non whites?

Please tell me where he has stated non whites should not be in the UK?

Everything he has been saying is against Islam. Does that make him a racist?

After leaving the BNP he founded the EDL. An organisation with strong connections to the BNP and the National Front.

Same hate just a different target as British people weren't buying the BNP brand of racism anymore.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Seems like they have put a D notice on reporting , it looks like Downing street is getting the treatment

A load of codswollop.

A d notice, or Defence Advisory Notice is when the MOD ask journalists not to mention national security secrets like codes to nuclear weapons.

It's not enforceable, has nothing to do with this case. What happened on Friday at 2pm, was the judege issuing a 42(a) barring reporting on Tommys court case until trial concluded to ensure he gets a fair trial.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Ian Huntley and Maxine Carr were found guilty of murdering 2 children before it even came to the courts.

Have to say that is an excellent point, same with Fred and Rose West. Yeah I remember that vividly absolutely everyone was convinced before it began. It was at a point that entertaining the idea they may be innocent was seen as outrageous.

I may be wrong here but I have a vague memory of Carr having her sentence slashed due to contempt of court by the press. The press at large and many journalists appeared before the judge. The Home Secretary also appeared on TV declaring it unnacpetable. The only reason there wasn't a mistrial is it was done so long before the trial began. NOTW and The People were hit with major fines for contempt.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Intolerant of racists and proud of it, you say.
There are certain types of people you have deemed beneath you.
That means you consider yourself superior to others of the human race.
That makes you a supremacist, and that makes you dangerous.
You deflect and project. I offer evidence, and you produce nothing. And I am STILL waiting.
Your rebuttal is as empty as your evidence.

Yes and you are then intolerant of people who are intolerant of racists. See ridiculously stupid your argument is?

If you are OK with racism then so be it. Thankfully most people aren't.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   

bigot
ˈbɪɡət/
noun
a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

Tommy Robinson saw fit to dialogue with Maajid Nawaz. No racist insults, hatred or slurs. Dialogue.

A conversation with Adam Deen (Quillam Foundation) where he questions and challenges his beliefs but doesn't demand the removal of his right to think and say what he wishes. You're going to have to do better than throw generic slanders about.
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

So because you can find YouTube videos that means he isn't a racist and a bigot despite being ex BNP and founding the EDL. Think you need to do a bit more research.

He is not a racist. Religon is not a race! So when people pull the racist card against Robinson, i know they are just hating for the sske of it.

Former BNP member Tommy Robinson not racist. OK...

He has stated many times that he did not know non whites could not join, hence the reason why he left. Considering he has non white friends, that makes sense don't you think.

Unless you think he is an extreme racist, but also has friends which are not white : /

So he wasn't racist just a moron?

The idea that someone wouldn't know the BNP are a racist organisation is just absurd.

Obviously he made the wrong choice. No one can make mistakes no?

He clearly is not a racist, and I cannot stand ignorant people labelling someone racist when they Cleary are not.

Please tell me where he has stated that he hates non whites?

Please tell me where he has stated non whites should not be in the UK?

Everything he has been saying is against Islam. Does that make him a racist?

After leaving the BNP he founded the EDL. An organisation with strong connections to the BNP and the National Front.

Same hate just a different target as British people weren't buying the BNP brand of racism anymore.

And this is where your argument falls apart! EDL was not just white people. There were on whites who were part of the group. The group was nothing to do with racism, but against Islam.

Yes, idiots will always join groups like that, hence the reason why he left.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I think it comes from the same fear of the other and need to blame that racism and antisemetism do.

Does not come from the fact that Islam is brutal?

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Islam can be brutal absolutely but what does that have to do with this man's arrest ?

He wasn't arrested because of Islam he was arrested for breaking British law, as you would be if you went to England and did what he did .

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Islam can be brutal absolutely but what does that have to do with this man's arrest ?

He wasn't arrested because of Islam he was arrested for breaking British law, as you would be if you went to England and did what he did .

Has to do a lot with racism because a lot of people think he is racist over his views about Islam.

By the way,, I am from England. In fact, born and raised in Luton.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join