It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Meeting On Spying Concludes: Congress To See All "Highly Classified" Information

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
bastion:

One very plausible reason for stonewalling the oversight committee is because its chairman, Devin Nunes is quite possibly secretly under investigation for suspicions of Counter Intelligence and Criminal activities.

I haven't seen anyone prove this theory yet, but there are a number of very suspicious circumstances surrounding his behavior ever since he became part of the Trump transition team that would be explained by this. By November, 2016, the FBI had just recently obtained a FISA court warrant to start monitoring communications between Russian government officials and some members of the Trump transition team, but the fact of the FISA warrant was not public yet--meaning that Nunes didn't know that. By late December, that monitoring had apparently already acquired some communications and the National Security Advisor, Susan Rice, got some of the names of US citizens who were part of those communications unmasked. That information was presumably floating around inside the National Security Council (NSC).

A few months later, in late March, 2017 Nunes was being driven to an evening event in DC when he got a message on his phone that caused him to drop everything and rush to the NSC, where he received some classified information that sent him into a flap that has been continuing to this day. The next day, he went to the President to have a strategy session on how to handle the information that he had received and then held a press conference in which he ranted against the fact that communications between members of the Trump team and Russian officials had been "incidentally collected" by the intelligence community.

Since that point in time, he has launched himself on a one-man campaign to derail the Mueller investigation using the maximum power of his office. One might wonder why he suddenly became so impassioned about this subject? Some suggest that it is because his name was one of the unmasked individuals. Suddenly, it became personal.

Some of the information he publicly revealed at the press conference caused him to become the subject of a Congressional Ethics Probe a couple of weeks later into whether he improperly revealed classified information. That Probe went on until mid December, 2017 when the committee concluded that he had not revealed classified information. During that period between April and December he had supposedly "recused" himself from running the committee that he was chairman of, he nevertheless continued to manipulate events behind the scene. It almost seems he had a personal interest in the outcome of the committee's work.

Some investigators claim that his SCI clearance was revoked at that time and has not been restored since. That would make sense, because-if he was one of individuals who was unmasked in a Counter Intelligence (CI) investigation and he was simultaneously the subject of an ethics investigation over the possible release of classified information-his SCI clearance would be suspended and he would be investigated until he was cleared. What most people don't seem to understand is that, while the POTUS can grant a TS clearance to anyone he wants to, the POTUS is NOT in charge of granting SCI clearances. The Director of National Intelligence (DNI) is in charge of that, and by law, the DNI has to abide by specific guidelines. If an individual's reliability comes into question because of information revealed in a CI investigation, the DNI is required to suspend the clearance. A couple of weeks ago, Nunes made a big show out of refusing to read the classified DOJ file that was placed in front of him that he had worked so hard to get released. Why was that? Possibly because he did not have the clearance to read it or that all of the information he wanted (the SCI) had been removed?

Yesterday's press release said: "It was also agreed that White House Chief of Staff Kelly will immediately set up a meeting with the FBI, DOJ, and DNI together with Congressional Leaders to review highly classified and other information they have requested,"

In this context, the term "highly classified" refers to SCI and the term "other information" refers to information pertaining to an ongoing criminal investigation.

The press release says that there will be a meeting but does NOT say that FBI, DOJ, and DNI will categorically release ALL of their sensitive information to EVERY congressional leader. Just as the DNI cannot release SCI to someone who is not cleared for it (and the POTUS cannot legally order him to do so), the DOJ and FBI cannot be required to release information pertaining to an ongoing criminal investigation to someone who is the subject of that investigation. I strongly suspect that there is a sealed indictment against Nunes that hasn't been revealed yet. I think he either knows that or strongly suspects it, and is trying to figure out exactly what information the Mueller investigation has on him. If so, when the FBI, DOJ, and DNI sit down to "review" information with congressional leaders, they will continue to withhold from Nunes the information he wants the most.

a reply to: bastion

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

The US hasn't published the report of the investigation yet. Hence no real charges, we'll only know if they occur once its published.

That's the timeline of events European media has independently corroborated using multiple sources in each article, as previously posted there's no evidence he was spied on and the claims have been refuted, journalists fired, articles retracted etc...the US using foreign intel to bypass US law and spy on US citizens was made legal under the Patriot Act but that wasn't how intel was gathered here.

The leaks came mainly from the white house who leaked their own anti-leaking campaign posters, the content was internal briefings rather than intercepted phone call recordings. Foreign intel isn't going to risk complete destruction by spying on elected allies, they wouldn't sit their fishing. GCHQ and NSA are 'the cousins' they swap staff back and forth all the time, there's no need to take the suicidal risk and no reward on offer.

As I explained before Trump made the claim he was spied on on twitter and was ridiculed for it as not understanding NSA-GCHQ, Spicer repeated the claim the next day at a White House Press Conference citing Fox news pundits report as evidence for the claim, Fox fired the reporter, issued a retraction and MI5/MI6/GCHQ/NSA told Trump off.

Number 10 phoned up Trump to give him a good bollocking and he said he'd never do it again. He's ccrossed that (yet again) repeating the same claims - will be interesting to see the response. Dementia?

'No 10 has been assured the accusation would not be repeated, a spokesman for Prime Minister Theresa May said. He said it had been made clear to US authorities the claims were “ridiculous” and should have been ignored.'

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Nice to see you cams stick with your guns even when proven wrong.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The US hasn't published the report of the investigation yet. Hence no real charges, we'll only know if they occur once its published.

Tell that to flynn, his kid, George Papadopoulos, Alex van der Zwaan as they have all been charged with lying to the fbi.
As you either don't know about these charges or just pretended they didnt exist, I will do the same with the rest of your post.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The claims have been refuted by GCHQ,MI6,MI5, I was paraphrasing them. Decent write up here: www.theguardian.com...

Now maybe I misunderstood what you wrote earlier, but it looked an awful lot like you were saying congress should not see the intel (you know do something resembling their job in oversight of the US intel agencies), yet the Guardian has a write up that "proves" bad things happened... looks to me like you have a disconnect in their somewhere.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Great post lots of useful info well presented and thought out.

a reply to: shooterbrody

Hence 'real charges', I consider charges to be those related to the investigation itself.

edit on 22-5-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

originally posted by: Irishhaf

The claims have been refuted by GCHQ,MI6,MI5, I was paraphrasing them. Decent write up here: www.theguardian.com...

Now maybe I misunderstood what you wrote earlier, but it looked an awful lot like you were saying congress should not see the intel (you know do something resembling their job in oversight of the US intel agencies), yet the Guardian has a write up that "proves" bad things happened... looks to me like you have a disconnect in their somewhere.

You've misread/misunderstood my post I never claimed any of that about the guardian and said several times Senate intel comittee have seen it and approved the Fisa . Its been said it'd been mutlitple sourced by multiple papers across the countries independently. The guardian never saw evidence and their write up on its own is not the proof. The timeline has been corrobaorated by numerous reports.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

"Dirty laundry" will only become public and be relevant if it is factually true. Look at the charges leveled at Trump's team and then tell me there wasn't any reason to be suspicious. Look at Trump Jr. and his suspicious meetings with foreigners, for example, trying to get illegal election help from them.
edit on 22pmTue, 22 May 2018 19:18:04 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
BRING THE PAIN!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
So it is OK that Trump abuses his power to call for an investigation based on rumors and conspiracy theories.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dwaynedabigguy
So it is OK that Trump abuses his power to call for an investigation based on rumors and conspiracy theories.

Well sure it is !!

Don't you know THAT by now ?

🤦‍♀️👋

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

You probably didn't think Trump could win the Presidency. Trump did NOT spring his own trap. Trump is merely revealing the treasonous plan run against him. Expect people to go to jail and it won't be Trump or his people.

edit on 23-5-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
That's a one sided take that doesn't hold up. Kushner was caught lying/covering up, whether he was or wasn't co-opted by Russia is open to discussion - the Paradise Papers reveal Trumps inner cabinet were Kremlin linked, worked with former KGB, laundered billions of Russian money, went to same Dojo as Putin and worked with his son-in-law. There's a couple of dozen crimes detailed in there by his campaign team, his staff when in office and illegal undeclared donations and investments from Russian banks.

There's no trap to run against him, it he was forced to appologise in private for claiming so after he claimed that was the case on twitter. It's just made up rubbish by conspiracy theorists and Trumps desperate to play the 'underdog' card still. It's not treason to investigate crime.
edit on 23-5-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

There's no trap to run against him, it he was forced to appologise in private for claiming so after he claimed that was the case on twitter. It's just made up rubbish by conspiracy theorists and Trumps desperate to play the 'underdog' card still. It's not treason to investigate crime.

what is the crime?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And how does it "collude to change the 2016 election"?

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I never claimed any of that about the guardian and said several times Senate intel comittee have seen it and approved the Fisa

Ok that is fine, but here is my beef... if the intel was misrepresented to get approval for the FISA that needs to be found out. the intel community should never (I konw they have I am talking about a just world) be able to misrepresent information to try and "get" someone.

With everything that has come out so far, many people are starting to question the offical narrative (from the MSM and people like Clapper, and comey for example), the people need to know these agencies are working on their behalf, not the behalf of some nameless faceless person.

If that means more information needs to be shared with the oversight committee then that is what needs to happen.

edit on 23-5-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

You just don't get that Trump is openly, blatantly, doing what he is falsely claiming Obama did. He has ordered the Justice Department to investigate his political opponents based on his own imagination. This is an attempt to get them complicit in his criminal activities, just as he has seduced Congress into protecting him from justice.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

You just don't get that Trump is openly, blatantly, doing what he is falsely claiming Obama did. He has ordered the Justice Department to investigate his political opponents based on his own imagination. This is an attempt to get them complicit in his criminal activities, just as he has seduced Congress into protecting him from justice.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

seduced congress? Dude, you passed the deep end a while back, I hope you can find your way home from all this.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: bastion

what is the crime?

The whole Russia influencing the election affair, the thing the investigation is looking into.

It's been daily news for the last 18 months in case you missed it....

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

so there is proof of this? from what I have seen so far, nothing points to Trump being guilty of anything yet. In fact, it looks an awful lot like an investigation looking for a crime to prosecute, with none available. I invite you to go back through the last 18 months worth of news reports to show me where I am wrong.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join