It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Meeting On Spying Concludes: Congress To See All "Highly Classified" Information

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Interesting edit.

It cannot be allowed to collapse because of US domestic wranglings.

When your allies spy on you they are no longer your allies.
Then not only does it need to be "allowed" to collapse, it needs to be destroyed.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

It seems to be quite a frightening thing. They aren't necessarily fans of the deep state, as much as they are against anything that Trump is for. Border protection=bad. IC following laws=bad. 2nd amendment=bad. It's a sickness that must end. People who used to be intelligent are now crybaby idiots.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

So you think the oversight committees should just rubber stamp anything the intel community wants period dot no discussion allowed, here is a blank paper give us approval?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: shooterbrody

It seems to be quite a frightening thing. They aren't necessarily fans of the deep state, as much as they are against anything that Trump is for. Border protection=bad. IC following laws=bad. 2nd amendment=bad. It's a sickness that must end. People who used to be intelligent are now crybaby idiots.

It appears to me they ARE fans of the deep state. If this is not exposed completely and stopped we may not get another chance to stop these unelected,entrenched bureaucrats. This is EXACTLY why there has been NO difference in the 2 parties in the last 30 years.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

That whole monitoring structure has been in place since the late 60s. Trumps associates and campaign just happened to arrange meetings with some of them.

Funniest line I have read here in a loooong loooong time. "Just happened to".....yeah those "coincidences" happen in the ic world all the time.

See echelon 60s, transatlantic cables 60-70s-current, blackbox phone system 80s to current, fibre optic phone system 2000s to current, supertower system 1990s to current; though local one officially closed and guarded by armed US camo guy types since 2004.

MI6 and GCHQ confirmed it to Parliament and in Court hearings ( Nov 2016) and Intel Reports on Trump. They had no interest in corrupting all domestic intel to get at Trump or spy on him (which was publicly refuted by GCHQ in an unprecedented act) he's a a little person to them, flash some gold, wave some flags, flatter his ego and he'll buy whatever bull# you shovel his direction.

Interesting edit.

It cannot be allowed to collapse because of US domestic wranglings.

When your allies spy on you they are no longer your allies.
Then not only does it need to be "allowed" to collapse, it needs to be destroyed.

They didn't spy on Trump or in the US, his team was picked up when monitoring Russia, under the Patriot Act as allies we had to feed this intel to the US. Their focus was on how Russia sought to interfere, they've never claimed Trump or his team were aware of any alleged interference. Trump made the same claim at least twice prior to this after a discredited Fox News report which falsely claimed Trump was spied on, which Fox fired h the analyst for.

The coalition of intel agencies gave the FBI and CIA a bolocking for being asleep on the job, they had to repeatedly alert them to what they were finding - which is currently only available at Director level due to sensitivity rating. If anything the Obama admin deserves criticism for lack of looking into interference and ensuring fair elections, especially given their repeated swipes at Trump-Russia when the facts show they had nothing on Trump as they're 'not trained to look. They don't know what they're doing'.

Destroying surveilance on Russia and allowing them to take Europe via election interference (which has been found in all European countries in recent years) because his aids were in contact with Russian intel network would be plain stupid. Everyone backed the surveillance efforts until they caught Trump. It makes no sense to destroy it to protect his team or russian intel network.
edit on 22-5-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

As I've repeatedly stated I don't think Trump did anything, the closest person to him who had contact was Kushner and I don't think for a second they were aware of who they were really meeting - their judgement lapsed in part due to the promise of dirt on the opponent. I'm not sure if that's an offence in the US, highly doubt it is as agents are secret by nature and it's impossible not to come across them when running for such a position.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

They didn't spy on Trump or in the US, his team was picked up when monitoring Russia, under the Patriot Act as allies we had to feed this intel to the US.

Then why stone wall the over sight committee?
The information was fed to US intel community which then puts it under the oversight committee, if they bring in the ranking members of both parties from the appropriate committees and read them in they stop all this, and if a leak occurs they know who did it.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

The stonewalling and the lack of continuing "investigation" is the tell.
If it was really "potentially dangerous" and not just a case of them not liking who we elected; the monitoring and investigation would have continued.
The us ic used the allies to "wash" bs intel to spy on political opponents.
They thought she would win and none of this would have seen the light of day.
Now that they are all getting exposed it is funny to see them run for cover.
Interesting some were sacked at five eyes entities post election.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
If our IA had spent half the effort they did trying to trap Trump in "Russian collusion" towards stopping actual Russian shenanigans during our election, we wouldn't have had Russian interference in our election.

Where the hell was the IA in detecting and stopping this Russian Interference in the first Damn place.

We need a Special Investigation to find out why our IA dropped the ball so badly. No one really talks about their colossal failure in regards to this.

Clapper, Comey and Brennan should be in trouble for that at the very least.

edit on 22-5-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Grambler

Wake up! Donald Trump is attempting to taint the evidence.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

He is preserving evidence.

And doing it legally, unlike the last Administration that's been exposed time and time again as corrupt.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Wow doesn't sound like the FBI or DOJ are worried about what they have been doing or the procedures they are following if they're willing to share everything.

Now what?

Trump tries to find another way to shut down Mueller.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You mean they cant smash their blackberrys and have some 3rd party vendor bleachbit their computers?
edit on 22/5/2018 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Wow doesn't sound like the FBI or DOJ are worried about what they have been doing or the procedures they are following if they're willing to share everything.

Now what?

Trump tries to find another way to shut down Mueller.

Hahahahhaha!!

I got to say, you are good for a least a laugh a day!

Yes, the fbi that has stonewalled the entire time, has fought tooth and nail saying releasing many things to congress would hurt national security, has funally been forced after a sit down with trump to say they will relent and release what congress is asking for.

And you try to spin that as proof the FBI is transparent and shows they are not worried about anything?

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Good stuff!

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Yes, the fbi that has stonewalled the entire time, has fought tooth and nail saying releasing many things to congress would hurt national security, has funally been forced after a sit down with trump to say they will relent and release what congress is asking for.

To be fair the fbi has told congress previously they would comply and have not. I will believe it when I see it. IMO if the leos in this event complied with congress there would be a large turnover at the leo agencies. Do not forget comeys first job, in his words, was to protect the fbi, not the american people the fbi is supposed to work for.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Are there any photos of Rosenstein coming out of that meeting with Trump?

I bet the look on his face is priceless.

I didn't see any but I doubt Rosenstein is a beaten man.. I think they agreed to release because what they have incriminates Trump and provides a factual justification for all that has gone on. Otherwise they would have never agreed to it.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

I didn't see any but I doubt Rosenstein is a beaten man.. I think they agreed to release because what they have incriminates Trump and provides a factual justification for all that has gone on. Otherwise they would have never agreed to it.

Knock it off Director Brennan. This isn't CNN.

If that were the case, this whole thing would already be wrapping up. All Evidence, if you want to call it that, Seems to have been created and manufactured by our Intelligence Agencies.

It will all come out eventually. One of is is wrong and one of us is correct.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

They didn't spy on Trump or in the US, his team was picked up when monitoring Russia, under the Patriot Act as allies we had to feed this intel to the US.

Then why stone wall the over sight committee?
The information was fed to US intel community which then puts it under the oversight committee, if they bring in the ranking members of both parties from the appropriate committees and read them in they stop all this, and if a leak occurs they know who did it.

I fully support the US conduct an inquiry into domestic surveilance breaches, there's no evidence or requirement for the foreign intel to be displayed any more than already has been done.

It was presented to the senate intel comitee in 2016 which they took action on issuing FISA warrants. It's already been seen and passed by Republicans and Dems in Nov 2016 - I don't understand the need for yet another committee, unless I'm getting confused about which one you're refering to as there are so many.

International intel organisations aren't going to allow the US to parade documents that pose great threat to national security. It's a non-issue outside the US now. There's no evidence they did wrong, it was passed by the US, 13 seperate European countries detected calls between Trumps campaign team and at least two Russian agents, it was raw data that the US was given and sanctioned.

If there was any wrongdoing that was on the internal US side of investigations after the warrants were issued. The US's allies aren't going to destroy their national security to protect a couple of investigators no one has heard of.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

International intel organisations aren't going to allow the US to parade documents that pose great threat to national security.

Perhaps this is part of the problems.
It is not up to "international intel organizations" what the US does and does not do.
Frankly it is one of the reasons trump was elected.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

International intel organisations aren't going to allow the US to parade documents that pose great threat to national security.

Perhaps this is part of the problems.
It is not up to "international intel organizations" what the US does and does not do.
Frankly it is one of the reasons trump was elected.

Sounds just what Russia wanted to me, US-European relations at an all time low, get the US to squabble over fake news, remove European defence, Russia takes over Europe.

There could be potential for the various countries to approve redacted versions but giving it to an organisation as leaky as congress would never be allowed to happen. The entire admin would be taken down in exposes and character assassination before then, it'd cause a real 'deep state' to form to protect sovereignty.

Are US politicians that unstable they'd throw international ties away over a petty squable and unsubstantiated claim that has been repeatedly refuted as Trump and his admin embarassing themselves and him Tweeting without knowing how the GCHQ-NSA-FIVE-EYES-PRISM etc work?

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Are US politicians that unstable they'd throw international ties away over a petty squable and unsubstantiated claim that has been repeatedly refuted as Trump and his admin embarassing themselves and him Tweeting without knowing how the GCHQ-NSA-FIVE-EYES-PRISM etc work?

And that is where you lose me, nothing has been proven,or refuted if it had he would be in the process of being impeached.

What we know of the investigation the fingers point in a lot of direction but darn few points at the president.

But the media and the DNC are using the narrative to derail everything they can... because trump is bad, block trump.

It also sets up this up as a recurring problem, IF this is the first time intel agencies have worked directly against the president then it needs to be stomped on or we risk tit for tat reprisals.

Also you can show the information without revealing a bloody thing about how the foreign agencies got the information, its not like this is going to force them to give up all their contacts.

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

Why would Trump demand that evidence that incriminates him be brought into the open?
Why would people that want him impeached oppose the very same thing?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join