It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Brainstorm Green Needle Laurel Yanni - Pacifiers, Practice And Metaphysical Aches

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Upfront, this thread / OP is a little wild and covers a lot. To avoid an OP novel, I'll try to stick to the bullet points.

Here is the newest "Make Your Own Reality" viral video Brainstorm Green Needle.

A Pacifier?

My first reaction after looking at the Laurel / Yanni video, immediately followed by the Brainstorm Green Needle video, is that it's a pacifier. A convenient (and therefore suspicious) way to inject 'make your own reality' into the minds of Effected and non-affected - to make us comfortable with the idea, while providing plausible deniability.

I want to debunk the Mainstream Media claim that this is caused by frequency. The pacifier word is "frequency"; as though we're to be comfortable with our new friend 'frequency' (expect to hear more about frequencies) - but the claim doesn't actually make any sense - I'm not going to "qualify" for you, but I know a little about sound, and if it were a matter of frequency range, you wouldn't hear parts of the word - not "you'll hear a different word".

Laurel Yanni (walk) - Brainstorm Green Needle (run)

You can manipulate Laurel / Yanni at will by simply changing the pitch and range. Use this link to adjust the pitch/range of Laurel / Yanni and you'll see what I mean.
www.nytimes.com...
Note that "Yanni" doesn't really sound like the word "Yanni" - rather Yanni is the closest phonetic resemblance. However, it does introduce to the masses (viral) the idea that you can't trust your ears (baby steps) - because, see how things can be manipulated?

Brainstorm Green Needle on the other hand is the product of static and your filter. Take a look at this spectral graph - note the dark and light areas - that's what audio looks like with static.
Your brain fills in the missing parts (static) to make the word - and that's where it gets weird.

Your Built In Auto-Correct

In short - when you listen to one of these videos, you're hearing one non-dynamic (unchanging) source. Your brain should always filter the same input in the same way (a proximity to the Sapir–Whorf hypothesis)... Yet Brainstorm Green Needle causes you to hear two distinctly different phrases, with different annunciation and syllable emphasis.

A Metaphysical Backdrop

Told ya it was gonna get weird.. I've been told I'm a "strong empath", an old soul and an "Indigo". I don't know about all that - I'm not opposed, I just don't know enough to gauge.. I do know that I have a set of hard-to-describe 'assets', regardless of the label. I tend to feel the world around me in addition to the other senses. It happens naturally (like breathing) and over the years I've come to realize it's a part of me, and I'm better when I'm me.

Straight to the point - I noticed when I heard "Green Needle" I felt 'fast', when I heard "Brainstorm" I felt 'slow'. I tested by "thinking fast" (matted strings of thought) and "thinking slow" (slower breathing, word-by-word thought strings). This had to do with adjusting the brain's filter if possible, I had about 60% accuracy. Not good enough - but pointing to a correlation.

My wife and I went through several tests - including the power of suggestion, props, word association etc with varying accuracy. I noticed earlier in the day that I could "feel" a 'pause' in the audio. It seemed like every time I heard the pause, it said "brainstorm". That 'pause' was the 'slow' that I was "feeling" earlier (the correlation).

I stopped focusing on the mundane - and started listening to my own signals (the perceived pause) - my accuracy became 100%.

When I tried to inject the pause it didn't work, when I tried to inject the phrase it didn't work.. Obviously I tried everything I could think of.. The only way my accuracy was 100% was when I listened internally. I let it tell me what was coming, instead of telling it what to do.

..And so we practiced. The wife's accuracy jumped to 80% (she's learning to tune internally - a worthwhile skill that takes time to hone). The practice will come into play later.

Try It Before You Buy It!

Read the all the way to the bottom of this OP before trying this..

Use the "Brainstorm Green Needle" video above. In the video you'll hear a "splash" followed by a phrase. Close your eyes, don't think about a phrase - just listen 'inside' for a longer pause between the splash and phrase. The audio repeats, the duration between splash and phrase stays the same - but when you let it talk to you, you'll "feel" a longer pause between splash and phrase.. the longer pause is telling you "Brainstorm" is coming - no pause is "Green Needle".

There is no pattern.. In other words you won't always hear Brainstorm, Brainstorm, Green Needle.

Be prepared to be freaked out the first time you catch it. You may feel ill (detailed below).

A Flood Of Synchronicity

There's to much to type here, and it wouldn't relate properly - needless to say, after we were done practicing, the rest of the evening was literately filled to the brim with hard to believe synchronicities. In a nutshell, the synchronicities seemed to be saying "There is a message waiting, if you want to listen, you'll be spoken to."

No Pain, No Gain

I heard about the "Brainstorm Green Needle" video via a popular ME youtuber. This person has a wife that is notoriously not Effected (affected but not receptive). This causes him issues that come up in his videos from time to time. For the first time ever I heard him say "My wife finally heard Brainstorm! [..] She said she felt really sick after hearing it."

Later in the evening, after practicing and while watching a movie, I started to get a headache. I awoke in the middle of the night with a pounding migraine - it felt like a 'hung-over headache' but it was bad - and I haven't drank since the year 2000. My wife woke up and told me she had a splitting headache. She also doesn't get headaches and described it the same way (a 'hung-over headache').

So consider yourself forewarned; something physical maybe occurring while you're practicing which may have short term physical affects.

What Does It All Mean?

The Mandela Effect.. Brainstorms.. What's the commonality?

I think there is a message in all of it - a message to learn to listen in new ways. You have two brains (heart and brain), your mind is a combo of both. Most only listen to the brain, and thus the glass is half full.

I think learning to listen in new ways is prep for what's to come (I don't know what that is). I believe we're being given a choice; to receive or to be a closed system. When it's time to unveil, it's likely to only be picked up by those choosing to hear it - your stature and dominion are of no consequence - your choice is.

Test out the video above, try to listen internally for a pause and report back.. Can you hear both phrases?

These are absolutely fascinating times..

..and there will be a lot of static. Can you hear the words between?

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I hear only brainstorm on first listen. Brainstorm followed by WICK-TCH-SKISSH.... err um, something like that. Best description I can give is being in a cave/cavern and a draft rushes by while you're in a tight spot.

I know that's a very specific description, a sound that many have probably never heard. If you have though, that's exactly the sound I hear. It's... spooky.

Also, I feel a light pressure as far frontal lobes as possible. Almost like it's a headache an inch in front of my forehead just floating there. Weird, man. Weird.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
No matter what I tried, I could only hear Brainstorm (not Green Needle) & Laurel (not Yanni), in the ones I checked out. Interestingly, or confusingly, despite this apparent capacity to only hear what is said - I experience hundreds of the Mandela effects. I am so unbelievably triggered by the fact that the roman numerals are now IIII instead of IV as I remember it. wtF? So yeah, still not sure what it means. But I have a strong theory, which is largely derived from the well-considered opinion of a particular YouTuber who reflected on the situation after a few years of her own personal heavy experience of ME, and her observance that the Bible appeared to be affected, but not other holy texts. But I'm not willing to crystallise a defined conclusive statement as yet, still need to think through it a while longer. But this was interesting food for thought, thank you for sharing your experience.

FITO.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

IV is still used

Why do some analog clocks with Roman numerals have '4' as 'IV,' while others have 'IIII'? This is one of those questions where no one seems to have a definitive answer, and probably no one ever will. What we do have is a handful of competing theories, some with plenty of holes and others that might just be true. You'll have to pick the one that sounds best to you and roll with it. Once upon a time, when Roman numerals were used by the actual Roman Empire, the name of the Romans' supreme deity, Jupiter, was spelled as IVPPITER in Latin. Hesitant to put part of the god's name on a sundial or in accounting books, IIII became the preferred representation of four. Of course, IVPPITER wasn't being worshipped much by the time clocks and watches replaced sundials, but clockmakers may have stuck with IIII just for the sake of tradition.

mentalfloss.com...

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
seriously, can we give the OP his own forum or something?

sigh

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The Roman Numeral clocks used to always be IV - all of them (watches, grandfather clocks, etc).

I never saw the IIII until about 4 months ago.. ..and IIII looks very foreign - and more than a little silly.

That's me though - obviously your experience will vary.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

The Roman Numeral clocks used to always be IV
Nope.

and IIII looks very foreign - and more than a little silly.

I agree. It's awkward. But there is a practical reason for it.

Using IIII may have also made work a little easier for certain clock makers. If you're making a clock where the numerals are cut from metal and affixed to the face, using IIII means you'll need twenty I's, four V's, and four X's. That's one mold with a V, five I's, and an X cast four times. With an IV, you'd need seventeen I's, five V's, and four X's, requiring several molds in different configurations.

mentalfloss.com...

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

In the vid I posted it should be 55 seconds of:

SKISSHHHhh [long-pause?] BRAINSTormm.

- or -

SKISSHHHhh [short-pause?] greenNEEdle

I could only hear Green Needle (over and over) - until I listened on my PC speakers, then I heard Brainstorm and almost s#it myself lol.

Once I heard the other, I was able to hear both - then noticed what fells like a short or long pause that seems to dictated what phrase is coming.

Try on different speakers - you'll get it!

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The Roman Numeral clocks used to always be IV
Nope.

Exactly...

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MasterAtArms
seriously, can we give the OP his own forum or something?

I second this. Anyone else?

We can call it "The Mandela Effect Forum".

...and all kinds of folks can come there to post Mandela Effect threads - all in one spot.

Of course, it'd have to show up under Recent - just like SkunkWorks

Genius.

You'd be much less likely to click it, if it had it's own forum - right?

Nah..

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Well I'll be darned. That video using Audacity to play different parts of the spectrum, allowed me to hear green needle. AND brainstorm... interesting. In another thread, try as I might I could only hear brainstorm.

But this is how these things work. It is also, in my opinion, how people hear voices. They are hearing mundane sounds (say from the tv) but their subconscious mind is perceiving it differently. I remember in a course I did years ago, we were played a repeating sound, and in it we were told to listen for a specific word. We could hear it. Then we were told to listen for another completely different word, and suddenly that was all we could hear.

And with everything around us emitting noises, constantly bombarded with artificial sounds, vibrations, coupled with our own internal reality, no wonder people are hearing voices directing them towards ill intent.

EVP is another one of these things. People hear what they listen for, while others hear nothing but noise till directed to hear something specific.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

www.ablogtowatch.com...
WHY DO WATCH DIALS WITH ROMAN NUMERALS USE “IIII” RATHER THAN “IV?”

This is a rather popular question because when people first notice them it is confusing. No, watch makers didn’t make a mistake and include the wrong Roman Numeral on the dial. “IIII” has been used instead of “IV” on dials for several hundred years actually. It is really a matter of aesthetics and visual symmetrical balance. Someone a long time ago, noticed that using that for 4 o’clock not only made a dial look visually better, but helped legibility when looking at the dial from different angles. It is called a “watchmaker’s four,” and it’s used for those reasons.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

www.ablogtowatch.com...
WHY DO WATCH DIALS WITH ROMAN NUMERALS USE “IIII” RATHER THAN “IV?”

This is a rather popular question because when people first notice them it is confusing. No, watch makers didn’t make a mistake and include the wrong Roman Numeral on the dial. “IIII” has been used instead of “IV” on dials for several hundred years actually. It is really a matter of aesthetics and visual symmetrical balance. Someone a long time ago, noticed that using that for 4 o’clock not only made a dial look visually better, but helped legibility when looking at the dial from different angles. It is called a “watchmaker’s four,” and it’s used for those reasons.

...Exactly. Very weird.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Interesting. I could make myself hear both words ... all one way, and then all the other with a second listen. I got a tinge of headache and wonder if the suggestion will give me a doozy later... or if using the alternating parts of ones brain really does cause an ache?

I'm a tad shaken by IIII instead of IV ... I had a roman numeral watch growing up and know it said IV for four. Heck, I learned Roman numerals in grade-school and know that's how it is/was. I'm sorta glad I don't have the watch anymore as if it changed I would likely lose whats left of my poop... even though I share some other effects, like the damned dilemna (that should not have a red underline like it does, now).

I'm warming to the possibility reality is magically fluxing as my experiences lately have approached a surreal level of angsty mayhem and suspect masochistic delusions have replaced reality... and I'm only 3/4 prevaricating.

The humans populating this place were always weird, but now? Sartre was never more correct about the definition of hell ... excepting the lovely folks on this site and scattered locations, of course.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   
If i tell myself "Green needle " before it says it , I hear that............if i say "brain storm" in my head i hear brain storm....not sure if that means anything......

No adverse effects......no pressure......no headaches......no nothing........so im not sure what some of the other posters are about experiencing this stuff.....

A huge part of me thinks its psychosomatic..........like hearing the different phrases........
edit on 5/20/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I'm with you on all points.. Angsty is a good word to describe them.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: SummerRain

I understand, but..

I have a hard time accepting "You hear what you want".

..because I can't make it say what I want.

Your brain should filter the same input in the same way every time (science fact).. but it doesn't with Brainstorm / Green Needle.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=23417142]Pearj

Your brain should filter the same input in the same way every time (science fact)...

This is totally untrue. In fact, the opposite is true and it is a science fact that the brain perceives input differently every time based on a variety of factors -- some of those factors being internal to our brains (memory, past experiences, your brain's hard wiring, etc.)

That is to say, your brain is more complex than what it seem you believe, and there are so many different factors that come into play with perception. You can mentally dig down into your own brain, tweak some of those factors, and force your brain to perceive two identical inputs differently -- even instantly.

One example would be the spinning dance illusion. You may see it spinning in one direction, then -- while you're still watching it -- make your brain perceive it spinning in the other direction.

Another expample (maybe tangentially so) is the McGurk effect. If you close your eyes while listening to the guy make the sound in the video below, your brain hears the same sound being spoken. However, it you watch the mouth of the guy speaking the sound, your brain hears the sound differently depending on the visual cue:

edit on 20/5/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Calling this audio stuff ME is lame. But it is the internet, where logic and fact are often absent.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Its benefits all of us.

Those who believe, such as you, that every single different memory cannot possibly be
anything but fact will have a single gathering place to discuss your ideas.

The rest of us who believe in human fallibility don't have to see it littered all over this sub-forum.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join