It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School shooter used SHOTGUN AND REVOLVER

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
www-m.cnn.com...

A 17 year old stole his fathers shotgun and revolver and shot up his school and killed 10 people.Will the media...

A. Give the story little coverage because they cant use it to push the "scary gun" ban
B. Reveal the true agenda and start covering more people saying "ban all guns" in order to move the narrative and get people used to idea.
C. Somehow still make it about AR-15s

This is a good case to watch because it lets us see what the debate would be like if all semiautomatic guns were banned. What do gun control people and "moderates" say when someone uses a pump gun, and a revolver to commit a mass killing as they would if semiautos were banned. Do they say "well.... we banned the bad guns. Nothing more to be done here" or do they move on to trying to ban the next set of arbitrarily defined tools.
edit on 18-5-2018 by Whoisjohngalt because: Spelling

+10 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well, he shouldn’t have been able to get hold of his father’s guns. Were they locked up like they should have been?

This is why we should require by law guns be locked up at all times, and we should have random checks to make sure they are - I believe there are other countries that do this.

If they had been properly locked up, this kid wouldn’t have been able to shoot anyone.

If Adam Lanza’s mother had properly locked hers up, he wouldn’t have been able to shoot anyone.

+1 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Biden: "Buy A Shotgun, Buy A Shotgun"

www.youtube.com...

+39 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

This is why we should require by law guns be locked up at all times, and we should have random checks to make sure they are - I believe there are other countries that do this. 

Other countries may allow for random checks in your home.
In this country, that would be just a tad unconstitutional.

+11 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

If they had been properly locked up, this kid wouldn’t have been able to shoot anyone.

If Adam Lanza’s mother had properly locked hers up, he wouldn’t have been able to shoot anyone.

Male cow feces. At 17, it wouldn't be too hard to find the key to the lock would it? It could have been his shotgun. I had a shotgun and a rifle when I was 12.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Yes, it's the law in the UK for guns to be kept in a secure vault or locker and ammunition to be kept in a different vault/locker. So if someone happened to get one they'd need to break into the other or source a weapon/ammunition elsewhere.

An Aussie stated it's the same over their too in another thread.

Random checks are to be expected in the UK too. Naturally background checks and sound reasoning for owning a firearm.

+21 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

9th Amendment
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Why are you so anti-liberty and constitutional rights?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It's sad that these people have to target schools and kill young people. A lot of the jerks in highschool get a rude awakening later on after they get out of school and settle down and become decent people. I do not know what is going on, maybe someone should explain to kids that people can change and that school can bring out the worst of some people. Our system is broken, we need to fix the chaos happening between the students in school that fuels these shootings. There have always been overpowering jerks in school but rarely did the suppressed go in and shoot up the school.

We need to fix the system, guns are not the problem, a higher percentage of people had guns forty years ago than now. The big increase in guns in America is because many individuals own lots more guns now and the government trying to restrict guns caused more people who didn't want to never be able to buy one to buy one. We need social training for some people, guns are not toys or power, they are there for protection and sports.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Telling yall, schools has to stop being corrupt and deal with bullies before more shooting happens with angry kids. It doesn't matter if the kids is rich or not. Anyone big and strong bullying others needs to be targeted by teachers like the military for causing problems with classmates.

If the bully does something wrong every classmate should hate that kid for his wrong doing. There is a reason why the military tells everyone do push ups when one person does something seriously wrong.

edit on 18-5-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Yes, it's the law in the UK for guns to be kept in a secure vault or locker and ammunition to be kept in a different vault/locker. So if someone happened to get one they'd need to break into the other or source a weapon/ammunition elsewhere.

An Aussie stated it's the same over their too in another thread.

Random checks are to be expected in the UK too. Naturally background checks and sound reasoning for owning a firearm.

We are NOT Australia or the bastion of offended idiots called the UK where people are sent to jail for facebook posts and mean tweets.

We have a constitution that is the supreme law of the land. Not whatever nonsense other countries are up to.

Stay in your lane.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Well, he shouldn’t have been able to get hold of his father’s guns. Were they locked up like they should have been?

I dont know how familiar you are with gun safes, but unless you want to spend more than a weeks pay on one, a safe can be cut open by a dremel or a grinder, easily.

+10 more 
link   

I pretty sure that would violate The fourth amendment. Also the fact that you think that would be acceptable is the reason people like me will continue to vote conservative.

+10 more 
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

Does it matter what he used? You're just as bad as the people who like to make it about semi-automatic rifles. Kids are dead, let's score some points.

How about we try to address the underlying reason this happens, mental health issues?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Right I grew up in a family that had one in just about every room of the house. We were TRAINED to respect them, and not touch and we ALL survived.

Some of our closest friends have a daughter who is a top shooter with many awards and trophies, she has been shooting all of her life, their family like ours has never had an incident.

As for locking them up, when your son is 17 he should be ready to use it in a responsible way whether to a home invasion or to hunt.

link   
In one interview on CNN, the former Deputy of DHS cut off the host asking her what she had thought about the Lt. Gov suggesting they make changes to schools much like how they screen at courthouses. He really made some good points.

Sad to see it all get discredited so rapidly. The Lt. Gov said we needed to come together and have a discussion; not exactly going to happen if people cut you off mid-sentence as what you have to say isn't relavent or doesn't match the other's philosophy.

----
Sorry, I would use names and reference the show, but honestly not familiar enough with politics to remember who exactly was speaking.
----
edit on 18-5-2018 by hitparader because: (no reason given)

link   

I'll go along with holding the owner accountable, but random checks? Oh h#ll no. Unless I have committed some type of serious felony, or police have a warrant, nobody is searching my domicile or property. Have you lost your mind?

link   
So a kid stole some guns and an AR-15 was not one of them.

I'll be interesting to see which of the 3 options the corrupt media come up with for their gun grabbing campaign.

Given thy ignored the school shooting that was prevented by an armed guard just recently, I think perhaps they will underplay this one compared to Florida. Doesn't quite fit the narrative and they won't want to push a ban on all guns with the elections this year. That will be next years message.

The simple fact is that there are so many guns in circulation that it is impossible to keep them out of the hands of those that want to do this sort of thing, whether they are illegal or not.

The only viable solution is to provide better security at schools, including more armed guards.

You can bet that if Hollywood events were targeted, liberals would step up the already ridiculous levels of security to protect their own.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
And so the months long argument begins until the next big event or shooting. Wash, rinse and repeat.
edit on 5/18/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
2 things that irritate and concern me are:

1. The msm narrative was almost verbatim, eyewitness included.

2. That the gov shills were in meetings against the second only "minutes" after the shooting, I mean even the FBI took over an hour to get there according to the initial reports.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The msm outlets are getting wiser as they would use the same reporting but change literally the same words for others to make it not seem so blatant.
edit on pm531pmFri, 18 May 2018 15:29:59 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join