It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School shooter used SHOTGUN AND REVOLVER

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I've always said it's a social issue, I remember being a teenager. New raw emotions and no historical experience to know exactly why I felt that way... We all go through it.

It isn't exactly easy being a teenager, I wasn't bullied or anything so I can only imagine what goes through a bully victim's mind. I guess it wouldn't just be bullying either... Cheating girlfriends, jealousy, all sorts of things can affect a teenager.

I totally agree with your post, stuff like this is always sad.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
And so the months long argument begins until the next big event or shooting. Wash, rinse and repeat.

I actually think it would better for these events to get no coverage.
They are just used for political purposes and in the process offer nut cases the chance for notoriety.

link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

Most gun safes are definitely not impenetrable, but they are wise. A weeks salary is a small price to pay to keep kids safe don't you think?

Trigger locks are a good idea too.

link   

Most gun safes are definitely not impenetrable, but they are wise. A weeks salary is a small price to pay to keep kids safe don't you think?

Trigger locks are a good idea too.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 18-5-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I'm just curious. Why do we even have these gun debate threads? You could literally go back to ANY past mass school shooting, and it's EXACTLY the same conversation. Nothing changes.

I decided that if 20 dead 5 and 6 year olds didn't move anyone to change, well, you get it.

So, if this is the world that we Americans CHOOSE to live in, so be it.

Give your kids a hug tonight.

+1 more 
posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

What in Gods green earth are you implying by "random checks?" What a load of hooey. Look I keep all of my firearms, except when carrying in my safe, however when I was young, we ALL knew better than to go to school and shoot people...so what is truly at issue here?

Random checks, who is going to random check my house, what kind of nation do you want to live in? I have never heard such a ridiculous statement.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Yea cause a locked up gun helps a ton when seconds count...hold on Mr. Burgled/rapist/murderer...lemme just find the key/put in the passcode/scan my hand...

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Lmao aww so mean.

Go back and read my post, you'll notice I didn't put any opinion in it, I was simply stating facts.

Go back and read it again and you'll notice I was replying to a member who asked a reasonable question.

How's the view on that high horse?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

So....you want the government to be able to walk into anybody's home, at any time of the government's choosing, without exigent circumstances, probable cause, or a warrant....and you think that's reasonable?

That's one of the more mind-blowing things I've ever read on ATS, and that takes some doing.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I was wondering when that would happen.
Now that everyone is scared of the AR, I knew that eventually a shooting would occur with a Shotgun and or a revolver.
Almost like it's a script, to get all guns feared and demonized by people.
What's next air guns? Have to ban them....you'll shoot your eye out kid.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
So we create an artificial environment where bullying doesn't exist, then have these children enter adulthood with no tools to deal with bullying that goes on every day in the grownup world.

We create an artificial environment where guns and violence don't exist where children never learn to cope with day-to-day violence that permeates our streets.

Some, who endorse a certain ideology, want top create an artificial social climate that they try to create in schools.

Orwellian.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Until mental illness is seriously addressed this will continue to happen.
I place most of the blame on the everybody gets a trophy mentality we have today. Kids don't know how to handle hurt feelings.

link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

What in Gods green earth are you implying by "random checks?" What a load of hooey. Look I keep all of my firearms, except when carrying in my safe, however when I was young, we ALL knew better than to go to school and shoot people...so what is truly at issue here?

Random checks, who is going to random check my house, what kind of nation do you want to live in? I have never heard such a ridiculous statement.

Random checks isn't going to stop the shooter from shooting up the checkpoint or sneak in secretly. For a country that has gun it isn't going to work. Heck it may even make it worst. The shooting will be smarter and shoot the people they hate when leaving school. It will do nothing, but waste time. Only thing can work is if security guards/operator of school buildings has guns/stun devices themselves. Though, my high school I went to had so much gang recruitment relations, there were security guards with guns running around but no stupid scanner or checkpoints.
edit on 18-5-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

link   
There definitely is something making kids crazy. I dont know what it is. Maybe its the mood altering drugs that they like to put loud little bous on, maybe its the isolation and disconnection that comes with being able to construct your own bubble online. I know thay ALMOST 100 years ago (1921) you could buy a tommy gun through the mail. You could keep guns in your trunk at school. Kids could go hunt on thier own. Guns were tools and in society without this kind of thing happening. And unless we address whatever is causing kids to act like this, murderers will just move to the next most effective tool available

link   

Maybe somebody forgot to lock-up the meds !!

💡🚬

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes, these shooters obviously have mental issues, but I'm not sure there is any effective way to deal with that without infringing on the rights of thousands of harmless individuals.

My first thought on hearing of this latest incident, was haven't school administrations learned anything about security yet?

Given the things that have happened since Calumbine (sp), you would think it would be very difficult to get a weapon the size of a rifle or shotgun in a school. Haven't they heard of metal detectors?

As a nation, we secure courthouses and airports fairly effectively. We can't do the same with schools?

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Except you didn't answer the actual question that was asked, did you?

And are the "random checks" you mention really random? I only ask because this article makes it sound like police need to have a reason to enter a home, and have to present that reason on arrival. That's sort of not exactly as "random" as your first comment makes it sound.

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The police said this kid a Molotov Cocktail and a CO2 bomb.

Cognitive Dissonance between Russians and Global Warming.

No wonder he was confused.

😲🚿

posted on May, 18 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: rickymouse

I've always said it's a social issue, I remember being a teenager. New raw emotions and no historical experience to know exactly why I felt that way... We all go through it.

It isn't exactly easy being a teenager, I wasn't bullied or anything so I can only imagine what goes through a bully victim's mind. I guess it wouldn't just be bullying either... Cheating girlfriends, jealousy, all sorts of things can affect a teenager.

I totally agree with your post, stuff like this is always sad.

When I graduated high school, I was so happy. I was a nerd back in the seventies, and there were not many of us back then. Being smart had it's advantages, I think the other kids might have been scared of catching the nerd flu.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join