It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This new Childish Gambino Song Promotes Divisive Lies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

My question was a yes or no question. I was waiting for either of those two answers. I didn't ask you to qualify your answer. Hell, you didn't even say yes or no to begin with. You just started qualifying your answer.

By the way, there are many factors that go into black-on-black crime being as high as it is. Same goes for police on black brutality. Also the ongoing ghettoization of black America, and other issues. Some of them are exacerbate the others, but one certainly isn't a primary cause of another.

On going ghettoization of black America is self-inflicted...

Eh... I'd say it's a BIT more complicated than that.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

In America, the highest art is the art of death. Here are 100 reasons why this must be true (a video by Childish Gambino).

You feel aggrieved because one of those reasons (in Glover's opinion) is/might be "systemic racism," which bothers you and makes you feel personally singled out and/or violated in some way.

I get it. That sucks.

Well no it tears apart the country because you're basically just pointing out a racial scapegoat and we all now how that typical ends. People are aware of the facts I presented, but those facts never seem to come to light in the main stream, leaving people with a sense that they are being purposely covered up.

The monocasual reasoning of the person who made your video isn't helping. I apologize for assuming you (or they for that matter) could view a complex issue through a multicasual lens.

Ok, tell me why. Refute what was said instead of just declaring it to be wrong.

For the record, I think the victim/victimizer duality is just as narrow and a systemic/cultural dead-end. I think Gambino would agree.

The entire video is steeped in it.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton

a reply to: JBurns

They also forget that most "black on black" crime is used to attack law abiding gun owners

Most? Do you have some sort of source for that claim?

When they cite gun violence in the county they don't point out that most of that is either suicides or black on black gang violence.

So no source showing that most black on black crime is used to attack law-abiding gun owners?

Are you daft? He is referencing how on one hand pro gun control folks will spout gun violence stats, the vast majority of which are one thug shooting another thug and also highly concentrated within urban communities as justification for gun laws that primarily affect law abiding citizens. Thugs don't get background checks. Thugs don't by ARs at Dicks

It is like how in Chicago or any other major city is used as justification for further gun laws when the vast majority of perpetrators of said crime are already using illegal guns.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Exactly. Simply blaming white people or racism isn't going to cut it. That's my only point.

Which lyrics do you think state that?

There is an issue with some cops being brutal, but it affects everyone. In fact it affects more white than black people due to the population size difference. Again, not the message you guys are putting out. It's strictly a black issue in your mind.

But you admit it happens to black people. That's a start.

It's a big one that gets completely ignored by the main stream media and the left in general.

No one is ignoring it. You are just pissed because it wasn't presented the way you think it needs to be presented.

Ok. Fine. The artist has the right to present it however they choose.

So do you. Go make a damn song and put in on Youtube. Maybe the media will push it if it's worth a damn.

Otherwise, stop crying.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Exactly. Simply blaming white people or racism isn't going to cut it. That's my only point.

Except the video doesn't do that.

There is an issue with some cops being brutal, but it affects everyone. In fact it affects more white than black people due to the population size difference. Again, not the message you guys are putting out. It's strictly a black issue in your mind.

The statistics DEFINITELY show that black people are arrested and brutalized more so than other demographics. Just look at drug arrests between the white community and black community. Both communities have similar usage rates but blacks are arrested FAR more than whites. Even with pot being legalized across the country, these stats still hold true.
Source

It's a big one that gets completely ignored by the main stream media and the left in general.

Again. The video YOU are trying to question brings up this very issue.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

So no source showing that most black on black crime is used to attack law-abiding gun owners?

I just explained to you that when the media uses gun violence statistics, they do not explain how most of that is suicides and gang violence. Can you understand that? Do you want me to post links to articles or new pieces where they cite the amount of gun violence in the country?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

They also forget that most "black on black" crime is used to attack law abiding gun owners

When they cite gun violence in the county they don't point out that most of that is either suicides or black on black gang violence.

Are you daft? He is referencing how on one hand pro gun control folks will spout gun violence stats, the vast majority of which are one thug shooting another thug and also highly concentrated within urban communities as justification for gun laws that primarily affect law abiding citizens. Thugs don't get background checks. Thugs don't by ARs at Dicks

It is like how in Chicago or any other major city is used as justification for further gun laws when the vast majority of perpetrators of said crime are already using illegal guns.

So again, no source?

He used a specific term and I wanted to know what source they use to justify such a statement.

I think it is reasonable to suggest they were talking out of their asses, but we shall see.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I just explained to you that when the media uses gun violence statistics, they do not explain how most of that is suicides and gang violence. Can you understand that? Do you want me to post links to articles or new pieces where they cite the amount of gun violence in the country?

Sure, if it proves what was claimed. Which was "most black on black crime is used to attack law-abiding gun owners".

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The statistics DEFINITELY show that black people are arrested and brutalized more so than other demographics.

No, they don't. I posted statistics about that already. Feel free to refute them with your own.

Just look at drug arrests between the white community and black community. Both communities have similar usage rates but blacks are arrested FAR more than whites. Even with pot being legalized across the country, these stats still hold true.
Source

Crime rates are nowhere near what they are in black neighborhoods, so there isn't as much of a police presence in white neighborhoods or mixed neighborhoods like mine. This goes back to what I was saying about other problems in the black community being exacerbated by high levels of black on black violence.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

He used a specific term and I wanted to know what source they use to justify such a statement.

I think it is reasonable to suggest they were talking out of their asses, but we shall see.

You don't seem to be getting what is being said. Either that or you're purposely being obtuse.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Sure, if it proves what was claimed. Which was "most black on black crime is used to attack law-abiding gun owners".

So you deny the media and the left use the gun violence stats to attack 2nd amendment rights?

But you admit it happens to black people. That's a start.

It happens to all people. Mostly whites. For whatever reason you guys are focused on one group and one group only.
edit on 17-5-2018 by Thejoncrichton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

So again, no source?

Source for what? That most gun violence is one thug shooting another thug?

In Chicago, something like 80% of the gun murders are one gang member shooting another gang member. 80% of the gun deaths are black. 650 something murders last year in Chicago. Only 20 deaths were white.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Milkweed

Racism against black people exists. The whole "black people kill black people" argument is tired and worn out.

It's just a fact. A fact that folks like you don't want to address while cast black Americans as the victims of white Americans. That facts and stats paint a very different picture.

Numbers don't paint a full picture.

How many white people have killed black people because of racism? Do you have those numbers?

Now, How many black people kill black people because of racism?

There is a problem with white against black racism. You're just in denial.

Yes there is a problem with white on black racism and power differential historically.

We don't have any of those numbers unfortunately. Excepting hate crime stats. You do realize that some black people target white people based on their race too right? Also, contrary to popular liberal belief, the FBI does have the crime stats for black on white hate crimes. I can list the names of some that have targeted me not violently but verbally.
edit on 17-5-2018 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Crime rates are nowhere near what they are in black neighborhoods, so there isn't as much of a police presence in white neighborhoods or mixed neighborhoods like mine. This goes back to what I was saying about other problems in the black community being exacerbated by high levels of black on black violence.

Do you not know how to read graphs? That sources show drug selling and usage rates. In other words percentages. Percentages being the same with two different population totals isn't a factor because percentages are scaleable. The rates are the same across both demographics but black people are arrested more. This is literally a statement of fact. There is no arguing with it.
edit on 17-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Racism against black people exists. The whole "black people kill black people" argument is tired and worn out.

It's just a fact. A fact that folks like you don't want to address while cast black Americans as the victims of white Americans. That facts and stats paint a very different picture.

Numbers don't paint a full picture.

How many white people have killed black people because of racism? Do you have those numbers?

Now, How many black people kill black people because of racism?

There is a problem with white against black racism. You're just in denial.

Yes there is a problem with white on black racism and power differential historically.

We don't have any of those numbers unfortunately. Excepting hate crime stats. You do realize that some black people target white people based on their race too right? Also, contrary to popular liberal belief, the FBI does have the crime stats for black on white hate crimes. I can list the names of some that have targeted me not violently but verbally.

If you go back to one of my posts I stated the statistics.
50% of racially motivated hate crime victims are black.
Only 20% are white.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Add to that the issue with mandatory minimum sentencing for powder vs. rock coc aine since the 1980s, and three-strikes laws (Thanks, Bill!) and you get a situation where black men and women are sitting in prison for drug possession while white women are promoting pot yoga in Colorado.

Is this a great country or what?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Don't forget how prisons are designed so that recidivism levels are high to keep people with criminal records keep coming back to jail.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yep. It's a racket (business).

"I got 99 reasons..."

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Do you not know how to read graphs? That sources show drug selling and usage rates. In other words percentages. Percentages being the same with two different population totals isn't a factor because percentages are scaleable. The rates are the same across both demographics but black people are arrested more. This is literally a statement of fact. There is no arguing with it.

You still cannot parse from the data the other behaviors and population concentrations that may lead to blacks being arrested more frequently. For example, black populations are largely concentrated around large cities which already have more police presence whereas the white population is far more spread out geographically. As such, just by virtue of where blacks choose to live, they may still have more contact with police leading to higher arrest rates.

For example, I live in a wealthy (albeit somewhat diverse community... I think we have about a 30% black population). I see white kids smoking weed and doing dumbsh*t all the time. However, we don't really have a lot of major crimes relatively speaking. Cops simply aren't out looking for criminals and so you aren't very likely to get arrested.

On the other hand, not too far from me is the West side of Chicago which might as well be Mogadishu at this point given the crime rates. Cops are all over the place looking for shooters and other thugs. Hence, you are far more likely to be arrested for something like drugs just by virtue of being in that neighborhood.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s
ETA: a reply to: Edumakated

Ultimately, there are MANY problems affecting the black community. Some are self-inflicted. Some are due to racism both overt and institutionalized. Some are due to the system in general. Finally, some are also due to issues we haven't fully defined or realized yet. Trying to distill the issues into one simple talking point does a disservice to the issue at large.
edit on 17-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join