It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza's self inflicted "genocide"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxMech

And just so I understand, what exactly gives a country the " right to be" wherever it is?

Being a US ally.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Well I don't know where you from but I assure you that your country is also violating human rights. Hamas violates human rights as well.

And their crime legitimates you to commit another? You're an anarchist or what?

The UN is pretty clear about the blockade. It's Israels responsibility, regardless of the whataboutisms.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxMech
a reply to: toms54

The comedy is that you are brainwashed enough to actually believe that anyone wants to get shot.

When your government spends all it's funds on terror infrastructure instead of taking care of it's own citizens, when you have no job and no income but you need feed yourself, a bullet in the leg for the money Hamas is offering seems like a good deal.
It's not that I'm brainwashed. You just never been hungry enough.

Whomever deluded you into believing this is doing you a disservice. You are committed to a false reality.

Just admit that Israel screwed up and go on from there. No one is going to buy this "I'm a victim. Hamas MADE me do it." line of bullcrap.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

And all I see is lotta unarmed protesters being shot.

But you chose to ignore the fact that Hamas admitted that the vast majority of the dead were Hamas members (which is internationally recognized as terror organization).

So you think Ghandi was a terrorist as well?

No, but how can you compare between them? Hamas openly call for the destruction of Israel. Don't remember Gandhi lunching rockets on civilian population ether. Or administer Sharia law on his people.

The statement from Amnesty is clear as day, I'll stick to their analysis and giggle away the comedy gold instead. How's that?

That's fine. As long as you are not selectively "sticking" with their statements.

Hamas forces in Gaza committed serious human rights abuses, including abductions, torture and summary and extrajudicial executions
www.amnesty.org...

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Removed fake photo op.
edit on 17-5-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

When you're a dead Palestinian martyr but your nose keeps itching

twitter.com...

Isn't that video four years old?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Abby Martin is a propagandists working for a propaganda channel.
Many half truths and nonsense in this interview. Too long to address each one. Though, I have no problem addressing specific points she raises, if you wish.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think so. Will delete.
Still illustrates the use of fake photo ops to influence public opinion.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I like how Max suggests, that all protesters must be paid crisis actors. Yeah. Sure. Wait... what?!?

Is it a Freudian Slip of sorts?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Touche, I got caught jumping to conclusions.... I had just woken up. I reread OP, it was rather well written and unbiased. My mistake.

Yes. I also reread the OP. Now I know Israel killed 60 people in one day and wounded thousands more because they are trying to look out for these people and save them from Hamas. I really don't care much about the Palestinians but Israel put on a display of viciousness that stunned the world. Now they try to weasel out of it by blaming Hamas? They can try it. Good luck with that. It's not going to erase anyone's memory.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think so. Will delete.
Still illustrates the use of fake photo ops to influence public opinion.

Good point, I'm sure Israel has never done anything like that. Their media is bar none.... /s.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Oh I wasn't excusing Israel's behavior.

I was just noting OP tried to take into account both sides have made mistakes.... And his opinion is Hamas has been playing tricky games. It's a start.

Israel wounded thousands of mostly unarmed civilians.

Even if we put it in the context that they were "rioting", snipers are a bit over kill for rocks, and a few molotov cocktails. Something we've seen on US soild, but we don't open up live rounds on them, at least not in mass.
edit on 17-5-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

And their crime legitimates you to commit another? You're an anarchist or what?

Just a couple of lines below I wrote: "I'm not condoning it, it's just an observation of reality."
If you are critical towards your own country and you are condemning Hamas the same way you condemn Israel (as everybody violates human rights) then we are in agreement and there is really nothing more for me to say on the matter.
My problem is with one-sided criticism of Israel.

The UN is pretty clear about the blockade.

Right. But there is no way in the world that Israel is going to lift the blockade and let their enemy (who lunched thousands of rockets on civilian population) to arm themselves even more. So what next?
Why not push towards Hamas disarmament? What will Palestinians loose in this scenario? I know what they will gain. The lifting of the blockade.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

But remember on thing. The blockade can be lifted in a matter of weeks from now. All Hamas needs to do is to disarm and start looking after it's own citizens instead of investing all the money they get in terror infrastructure.

No. Israel is violating human rights, which is why they'll have to end the blockade without any prerequirement whatsoever.

The blockade has been criticized by Ban Ki-moon (the then-UN Secretary-General), the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC)[7] and other human rights organizations. The International Committee of the Red Cross termed it "collective punishment" in violation of international humanitarian law.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here's more from Amnesty on the actual situation:

The Israeli authorities must urgently reverse their policies and abide by their international legal obligations. Their horrifying use of live ammunition against unarmed protesters, and the resultant deaths, must be investigated as possible unlawful killings. The Israeli authorities must respect the Palestinians’ right to peaceful protest and, in the event that there is violence, use only the force necessary to address it.

amnesty.org

Well. Who on Ceres cares anyway, right?

Well since you put it that way, I'm sure Israel will lift their blockade.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

My problem is with one-sided criticism of Israel.

Who fired the sniper rifles?

At the end of the day Israel killed 60+ people and wounded 2,000+.

It's just facts, in this case Israel royaly screwed up.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Whomever deluded you into believing this is doing you a disservice. You are committed to a false reality.

I have provided Palestinian testimonies that confirm my claims. If you don't believe the people who are taking part in these protests, I think you are the one who are committed to a false reality.

Just admit that Israel screwed up and go on from there.

Yes, they did screwed up in the PR department, no doubt. How could they handle the situation differently without allowing hundreds of people to breach the fence, I don't know.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I like how Max suggests, that all protesters must be paid crisis actors

Not suggesting that at all. But Palestinian testimonies talk for themselves. Besides, Hamas admit it.
No body claimed all of them are paid though. Only the ones got shot.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Yes, they did screwed up in the PR department, no doubt. How could they handle the situation differently without allowing hundreds of people to breach the fence, I don't know.

There are no crowd control methods short of a massacre?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I like how Max suggests, that all protesters must be paid crisis actors

Not suggesting that at all. But Palestinian testimonies talk for themselves. Besides, Hamas admit it.
No body claimed all of them are paid though. Only the ones got shot.

Would you kill yourself if I promise to put a $200 check in your coffin?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Now I know Israel killed 60 people in one day and wounded thousands more because they are trying to look out for these people and save them from Hamas.

How did you arrived at that conclusion. Nothing in the post even remotely suggested this.

I really don't care much about the Palestinians but Israel put on a display of viciousness that stunned the world.

What went down there doesn't scratch the surface of the injustices going on around the world every day. If the world was truly "stunned" something would have been done in order to change the situation. In reality, 99% of the people are like you, "don't care much about the Palestinians".

Now they try to weasel out of it by blaming Hamas?

The Palestinians people and neighboring Muslim nations blame Hamas. I presented evidence of that. But you don't really care, as you mentioned yourself, do you? It's all about bashing Israel for you, isn't it?

It's not going to erase anyone's memory.

By now you should have noticed that collective memory these days, is couple of weeks long.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join