It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza's self inflicted "genocide"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The real problem with the latest Palestinian protest on the border between Gaza and Israel, in my opinion, is that nobody really cares.
Outraged human rights activists will continue to protest without actually affecting anything, because they are blindly rooting for the underdog without even understanding the complex situation in Gaza. News outlets will show loops of the same images over and over again in order to ramp up ratings, ignoring hundreds of other (less interesting) injustices around the world. Politicians will use this to bash Israel, or to support it, each one with his own agenda. Even the Arab nations won't do a thing to help resolve this conflict. Because, what is there to be gained? What possibly can the Palestinians offer in return for their assistance?
It is easy and comfortable for the world to view this situation as David vs Goliath, and turn a blind eye to the fact that David is a hostage.

A Palestinian rioter, captured after he infiltrated into Israel through Gaza border, tells the story behind the protest.

"Hamas organized the demonstrations so that people would not 'turn' on them," he affirmed, explaining that the humanitarian situation in the strip has gotten so bad that Hamas planned out the March of Return protests to let people blow off steam, and did so in a way that would help their cause.
"Hamas controls everything in the strip. Hamas sends us messages to our Facebook accounts and to our cellphones. They come to mosques handing leaflet saying to go to the fence. When there's electricity, and televisions can be turned on all you can see is the march. People got worn down and bored, and I'm one of those people," he said.
"They tell women to go forward. They say to the woman: Go ahead, you are a woman, and the Israeli army does not shoot at women. They tell small children: Go ahead, the army does not shoot at small children. They tell a child to go ahead and he goes, it's a little boy. They deceive him,"
Source

It has been widely reported, and confirmed by Hamas, that the protesters are motivated to get shot. Telegraph correspondents saw them cashing the checks.

Senior Hamas official Salah Bardawil told Palestinian media that 50 of the Palestinians killed during the protest belonged to the terror group's ranks.

Interviewer: "Many people are saying that the children... I'm telling you what people are saying. It's not that I believe this. People are saying that children are dying and that Hamas is reaping the fruits."
Salah Al-Bardawil: "In the last round, there were 62 martyrs."
Interviewer: "Right."
Salah Al-Bardawil: "50 of the martyrs were from Hamas, and the other 12 were regular people. So how can anyone claim that Hamas is reaping the fruits, when it paid such a steep price? What did Hamas gain? 50 martyrs..."
Interviewer: "This figure is..."
Salah Al-Bardawil: "I am giving you an official figure. 50 of the martyrs in the recent battle were from Hamas. Before that, at least 50% of the martyrs were from Hamas. So what did Hamas gain from this?"
Source

On regular basis Gaza receives almost all of it's medical supplies, building materials and food from Israel. Now, when humanitarian aid is needed the most, Hamas refuses to accept humanitarian aid packages donated by Israel, showing their true priorities. Spoiler: the well-being of the Gazan people is last on that list.

Two trucks containing humanitarian aid to Gaza donated by Israel was refused by Hamas, Israel’s Defense Forces (IDF) said on Wednesday. “The supplies already entered Gaza. Despite the dire situation of the health system and the lack of medical supplies, Hamas has refused to receive the humanitarian aid and has instructed the local authorities to return them to Israel.”
Source

While pro-Palestinian protesters around the world keep barking at the wrong tree, Hamas is slammed by it's Muslim neighbors.

A senior Egyptian official told Israel Hayom that Haniyeh was summoned to Egyptian intelligence service headquarters early Monday afternoon, as the violence was escalating, where General Intelligence Service head Maj. Gen. Abbas Kamel leveled scathing criticism at him over Hamas' "riot policy."
"Ismail Haniyeh and two bodyguards arrived in Cairo by helicopter within an hour of being summoned. But anyone who says Egyptian intelligence was honoring him by sending a helicopter to get him is wrong – they were furious with him," the senior official said.
"Kamel ‎then kept Haniyeh waiting outside his office. It was humiliating. When Haniyeh was finally called in, you could hear him [Kamel] yelling. Haniyeh didn't dare answer back.
"Haniyeh was told, in no uncertain terms, that the blood of the dead was on his and [Hamas military leader Yahya] Sinwar's hands. They even showed him images of Hamas operatives paying teenagers to go die near the fence."
The official said that Egyptian intelligence officers "made it clear to him [Haniyeh] that the Hamas leadership will be held responsible for any more deaths in border riots. They told him history won't forgive the Hamas leadership for such senseless deaths."
Haniyeh was also warned that if the group continues instigating border riots, Israel may restore its policy of targeted assassinations, and if that occurs, Egypt and other Arab nations trying to defuse the situation would suffice with declarative condemnations.
"Kamel demanded that Haniyeh order his people to cease the border riot campaign immediately".
Source

To return to my original point. If the world actually cared about what is going on in Gaza it would do everything in it's power to assist Gaza's people to overthrow the Hamas regime.
Never in history Gaza suffered more than it suffered during the last decade - since Hamas sized power. Nothing that Hamas ever did was done for the Palestinian people nor did it brought the Palestinians any closer to statehood. A decade of underground terror tunnels and thousands of rockets fired into Israel. What did it achieved? Isn't it time to try something different?

Criticism of Israel is understandable but support for Hamas is not.

I think people need to understand that the average Palestinian doesn't enjoy to live under Sharia law. The average Palestinian doesn't want to claim all Israeli territories for Palestine. But this is what Hamas promotes. They refuse to negotiate as they don't see any point in trying to achieve peace, as their primary goal is the destruction of Israel, as stated in their charter.

Finlay, if you agree with the above but argue that the real reason for the protest is the humanitarian crisis in Gaza and the despair of the Gazan population which is a result of the Israeli-Egypt blockade, you are correct. But remember on thing. The blockade can be lifted in a matter of weeks from now. All Hamas needs to do is to disarm and start looking after it's own citizens instead of investing all the money they get in terror infrastructure.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxMech

Golda Meier said: "There will never be peace until the Arabs learn to love their children more than they hate us." That was a generation ago, and it has only gotten worse.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

"It has been widely reported, and confirmed by Hamas, that the protesters are motivated to get shot."

That was the best part.

Thank you for the early morning comedy. It brightened my day.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

"It has been widely reported, and confirmed by Hamas, that the protesters are motivated to get shot."

That was the best part.

There is absolutely nothing funny about people being raised from childhood to become martyrs. It is a tragedy, not a comedy.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Is Israel in trouble? No.

Is the mainstream press that bad? Not really.

People going out of their way making multiple threads for essentially what the world sees as a non story just shows the white washing guilt though.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Is Israel in trouble? No.

This thread is about how the residents of Gaza are in trouble, not Israel.

People going out of their way making multiple threads for essentially what the world sees as a non story just shows the white washing guilt though.

There are a lot of threads on this site about topics which are considered as " non stories" by the world.
If this information has no interest to you, don't read it.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Touche, I got caught jumping to conclusions.... I had just woken up. I reread OP, it was rather well written and unbiased. My mistake.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

It has been widely reported, and confirmed by Hamas, that the protesters are motivated to get shot. Telegraph correspondents saw them cashing the checks.

Ghandi style, I'd be motivated to do the same in their shoes. Highly adorable.

For its part, Israel knows who’s to blame for the 100-plus Palestinians dead and the thousands wounded during the demonstrations: Hamas. “They’re pushing civilians – women, children – into the line of fire,” Israeli Prime Minster Benjamin Netanyahu claimed this week, with no evidence whatsoever. The Israel Defense Forces, or IDF, tweeted that Hamas’s “tools for infiltrating Israel” include “children,” “disabled civilians,” and, most terrifyingly, “rope tied to fence.”

But there’s a stupendous historical irony to Israel’s manufactured outrage: Israel itself claimed that a far less stringent embargo by Egypt in 1967 was a legitimate casus belli for Israel to attack Egypt (which led to Israel seizing control of Gaza and eventually imposing the embargo on it).

GAZANS HAVE THE RIGHT TO INVADE ISRAEL — AT LEAST IF YOU BELIEVE ONE OF ISRAEL’S JUSTIFICATIONS FOR THE SIX-DAY WAR

Tell me... who's inflicting genocide with means of children, disabled civilians and ropes tied to fences again?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: toms54

That was the best part.

There is absolutely nothing funny about people being raised from childhood to become martyrs. It is a tragedy, not a comedy.

The comedy is that you are brainwashed enough to actually believe that anyone wants to get shot.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Well unfortunately that's one of the ramifications of a situation where there are many sides who are morally bankrupt.

I don't think there's a question that Hamas and some of their historical actions are inherently bad.

The same can be said for the decision makers of Israel.

It makes for a situation where you could argue either side.... But doing so is a trap one way or the other.

Hence why I say we just don't touch it, and stop funding both sides essentially.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   

But remember on thing. The blockade can be lifted in a matter of weeks from now. All Hamas needs to do is to disarm and start looking after it's own citizens instead of investing all the money they get in terror infrastructure.

No. Israel is violating human rights, which is why they'll have to end the blockade without any prerequirement whatsoever.

The blockade has been criticized by Ban Ki-moon (the then-UN Secretary-General), the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC)[7] and other human rights organizations. The International Committee of the Red Cross termed it "collective punishment" in violation of international humanitarian law.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here's more from Amnesty on the actual situation:

The Israeli authorities must urgently reverse their policies and abide by their international legal obligations. Their horrifying use of live ammunition against unarmed protesters, and the resultant deaths, must be investigated as possible unlawful killings. The Israeli authorities must respect the Palestinians’ right to peaceful protest and, in the event that there is violence, use only the force necessary to address it.

amnesty.org

Well. Who on Ceres cares anyway, right?

edit on 17-5-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The Palestinians don't need hamas to tell them how bad their situation is, they don't need hamas to tell them their history, they don't need hamas to tell them the stories of their fathers and grand-fathers who were expelled from their villages, they don't need hamas to be angry and desperate, they don't need hamas to tell them that they live in an open-air prison with the highest concentration of population, they don't need hamas to see how the land is being colonized by people coming from all over the world with no ties at all to this land, I could go on.. You just have to put yourself in their shoes for one second.

And I wouldn't trust any information coming from a "news outlet" that is totally pro-israel.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxMech
The real problem with the latest Palestinian protest on the border between Gaza and Israel, in my opinion, is that nobody really cares.

Speak for yourself mate.

Outraged human rights activists will continue to protest without actually affecting anything, because they are blindly rooting for the underdog without even understanding the complex situation in Gaza.

There's actually nothing complex about the situation at all, it boils down to the fact that Israel has no right to be there. That's all there is to it really.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

with no evidence whatsoever

Actually I provided some in this thread, not to mention that Hamas openly admits that it is offering money for wounds.

But there’s a stupendous historical irony to Israel’s manufactured outrage: Israel itself claimed that a far less stringent embargo by Egypt in 1967 was a legitimate casus belli for Israel to attack Egypt (which led to Israel seizing control of Gaza and eventually imposing the embargo on it).

Except that Israel never claimed that. In May 1967 Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser mobilized the Egyptian army along its border with Israel in preparation for war. Israel responded with a preemptive strike and later won the war claiming the Sinai Peninsula (which was returned during the peace agreement with Egypt).
I'm sorry but the writer of this piece obviously doesn't know anything about the history of the region.

Tell me... who's inflicting genocide with means of children, disabled civilians and ropes tied to fences again?

Hamas on Gazan people.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

The comedy is that you are brainwashed enough to actually believe that anyone wants to get shot.

When your government spends all it's funds on terror infrastructure instead of taking care of it's own citizens, when you have no job and no income but you need feed yourself, a bullet in the leg for the money Hamas is offering seems like a good deal.
It's not that I'm brainwashed. You just never been hungry enough.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I'm sorry but the writer of this piece obviously doesn't know anything about the history of the region.

You forgot to put something up, I'll agree to disagree with you there.

Actually I provided some in this thread,

And all I see is lotta unarmed protesters being shot. So you think Ghandi was a terrorist as well?

The statement from Amnesty is clear as day, I'll stick to their analysis and giggle away the comedy gold instead. How's that?

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

No. Israel is violating human rights

Well I don't know where you from but I assure you that your country is also violating human rights. Hamas violates human rights as well.
I know you have good intentions, but in the real world nobody cares about human rights. Every country does what it needs to do in order to promote it's own interests. I'm not condoning it, it's just an observation of reality.
Israel's and Egypt's interest is to prevent from Hamas to arm themselves with more weapons, thus the blockade.

which is why they'll have to end the blockade without any prerequirement whatsoever.

Ok but it's not going to happen. What now? Continue the same way or maybe try something different?

The blockade has been criticized by Ban Ki-moon...
The Israeli authorities must urgently reverse their policies...
etc.

Ok. So?
I told you already almost every country in the world violates human rights. These critics and condemnations, what are they going to achieve? Did they achieved anything in the past?

Well. Who on Ceres cares anyway, right?

Yes, unfortunately.
But there is one thing that hasn't been tried yet. The removal of Hamas.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I thought this interview and reporting was genuine and shook me to the core if its true:

There is some really bad evil going on in the ME.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

Speak for yourself mate.

I'm speaking for those who one-sidedly criticize Israel without understanding that even if Israel disappeared tomorrow, Palestinians would still be oppressed under Hamas.

There's actually nothing complex about the situation at all, it boils down to the fact that Israel has no right to be there. That's all there is to it really.

To be where? In Gaza? They are not. The protest is on Gaza-Israel border.
And just so I understand, what exactly gives a country the " right to be" wherever it is?
edit on 17-5-2018 by MaxMech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Pure BS. The way Arabs are being bombed has nothing to do with their parenting skills with their children.

Here is what is happening in the ME. This is the foreign policy being implemented by the people doing the bombing:

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join