It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spikes in chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis take STDs to record highs in California

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
Getting shot down at a bar in front of your friends can break a person mentally.

Yes, if you are extremely fragile.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Sex is about the only activity in Cali that still isn't taxed to hell and back, whereas the prophylactics are almost certainly taxed... this is what a utopian hellhole looks like...

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Nasty strains.
People not finishing their course of antibiotics.
Rise in other forms of contraception other than condoms.

Could be anything really, it's not like only immigrants and homeless people have sex though is it?

Do sexual health clinics still give out condoms like candy? When I was at school we had free access to condoms... Balloon heads everywhere.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Sex is about the only activity in Cali that still isn't taxed to hell and back, whereas the prophylactics are almost certainly taxed... this is what a utopian hellhole looks like...

Hyperbole much?
Condoms are taxed in all states that have sales tax on non food items.
But, judge away.

What utopian hellhole do you hail from?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

Hyperbole much?
But, judge away.

Alaska, the least taxed state in the nation. wallethub.com...

Let it be known that I live in harmony with my positions.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hmm, there seems to be a way to protect yourself against this. Maybe something really simple and easy .... now what could that be?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Hyperbole much?
But, judge away.

How much do condoms cost in Alaska? Since you don't have the taxes and all, they should be nearly free right?

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Hyperbole much?
But, judge away.

How much do condoms cost in Alaska? Since you don't have the taxes and all, they should be nearly free right?

No idea. I put a ring on her finger 16 years ago and haven't touched a piece of latex since.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You really think this is caused by immigrants.... Wow... Heads up it's the youth, they don't practice safe sex, stds are on the rise all over the western world....

The youth don't practice safe sex?! How can that be? I thought California had all kinds of progressive sex ed in their classrooms to prevent that kind of thing.

you can lead a horse to πŸ’§....

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

In the British merchant navy, after having sex you washed the relevant part with whisky afterward. No one I knew who did this caught a dose.

posted on May, 16 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: ClovenSky

In the British merchant navy, after having sex you washed the relevant part with whisky afterward. No one I knew who did this caught a dose.

Uhhhhh

Wut?

To all of those kids out there who might read this...
Use protection. Whiskey is not a proven std preventative.
Whiskey won't wash away the AIDS.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

The thing with AIDS where the prostitutes douched with lemon juice, after an encounter, the countries in S.E. Asia where this was a common practice had surprisingly low rates of unwanted pregnancies and STD infection. It kills bugs and immobilizes sperm. It's preventative medicine which is never practiced these days.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Hyperbole much?
But, judge away.

No idea. I put a ring on her finger 16 years ago and haven't touched a piece of latex since.

That's sad man.

posted on May, 17 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
I don’t think this issue has much to do with illegals as much as it has to do with just the size of the population. Take LA for instance, a massive homeless population and most have a cheap smart phone. Now take in the fact that WiFi is widely available there. The poor in a lot of cases trade sex for drugs or housing.

That might be one issue. Like the article said. There are a lot of those hook up apps where one can discreetly have sex and not really know much about the partner. Even if one asked, I'm sure you could falsify a clean bill of health if you were so inclined. Also, as the article stated. AIDS is not as feared as it used to be, making people less careful.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
California is a sanctuary for both illegals and homeless people. This is the inevitable result.

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Alaska, the least taxed state in the nation.
Alaska. The state with the highest rate of STD infection?

Alaska likely to hold top spots in national STD rates

With 20 confirmed cases and another two probable cases of infection reported, the number of syphilis cases reported in first three months of 2018 roughly matched the number of cases reported each year from 2015 to 2017, according to the health advisory. In 2015 and 2016, 20 annual cases of syphilis were reported. In 2017, 21 cases were reported for the whole year.

peninsulaclarion.com...

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Make Speed Limit 45

I guess there must be more illegals and homeless in Alaska?

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

The thing with AIDS where the prostitutes douched with lemon juice, after an encounter, the countries in S.E. Asia where this was a common practice had surprisingly low rates of unwanted pregnancies and STD infection.

Do you have those statistics handy?

Results: A total of 398 FSW (86 UL and 312 NUL) participated in the study. Their mean age was 27.6 ± 7.0 years (range 16–63 years). HIV prevalence was high for both UL and NUL: 48.8 and 48.2%, respectively (odds ratio 1.0; 95% confidence interval 0.6–1.2, P = 0.9427). The rates of bacterial vaginosis were not significantly higher in UL (UL 55.8%, NUL 44.0%, odds ratio 1.59, 95% confidence interval 0.96–2.65, P = 0.06). There were no associations between the use of citrus douching and other STI.

www.publish.csiro.au...

blogs.scientificamerican.com...
edit on 5/19/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

v
I don't know how a study could confirm that sex workers, were or were not HIV positive or negative before a lemon juice test was started, as you would have to be their all the time in a double blind to make sure. www.appropedia.org...://www.appropedia.org/Lemon_douches_for_HIV_preventionBut as far as a contraceptive goes it seems that in the Mediterranean region its been used for at least three hundred years. This is interesting as well, The Romans had well set up hospitals for their troops , one of the first thing they did with a wound was to clean it out with Vinegar, now some of the latest study seems to suggest that drug resistant bacteria , is no match for acetic acid. vvwww.sciencedaily.com...
edit on 19-5-2018 by anonentity because: adding

posted on May, 19 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I don't know how a study could confirm that sex workers, were or were not HIV positive or negative before a lemon juice test was started, as you would have to be their all the time in a double blind to make sure.

Then upon what did you base this statement?

The thing with AIDS where the prostitutes douched with lemon juice, after an encounter, the countries in S.E. Asia where this was a common practice had surprisingly low rates of unwanted pregnancies and STD infection.

Mediterranean region its been used for at least three hundred years.
Does it work?
community.babycentre.co.uk...
edit on 5/19/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join