It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Aide on McCain "It Doesn't Matter, He is Dying Anyway"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I can't wait for November.

Mmmm, I feel the same.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I’m not referring to honest criticism of McCain. I’ve don’t as much as anyone here on him, believe me.

But there’s a time and place for everything.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I’m not referring to honest criticism of McCain. I’ve don’t as much as anyone here on him, believe me.

True enough, but so long as McCain continues to interject his opinions and even his voice as a Senator into discussions, I would find it to be rather foolish for his camp to claim his illness and pending passing should presently shield him from those criticisms. It's having his cake and eating it, too. If he's healthy enough to do this: www.mccain.senate.gov...

"I believe Gina Haspel is a patriot who loves our country and has devoted her professional life to its service and defense. However, Ms. Haspel’s role in overseeing the use of torture by Americans is disturbing. Her refusal to acknowledge torture’s immorality is disqualifying. I believe the Senate should exercise its duty of advice and consent and reject this nomination."
then he's healthy enough to receive criticism of his positions.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
with the way things are in politics in general i would be suprised if the person who made the comments didnt get a promotion right away! make that person the president! who cares!

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

So? still dont change the VC records he sang. if he was a POW in ww2 and got men kilked it was a firing squad.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Did he sing like Pavarotti or like Sheldon Cooper singing Karaoke at a super hero club party?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Why should she be fired for telling the truth?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
McCain is a McStain on democracy. Trash me if you want but he met with the leaders of ISIS in Syria dammit! Some of you want to ignore the obvious staring you in the face.

He's a bitter old man who wants to take everyone down with him because he didn't get his power and glory. He's a warhawk who shouldn't be based on his personal history. He is part of the deep state causing problems for the US right now.

Being from AZ I can tell you that many there have lost respect for him, they'll honor him when he passes but right now his name is tarnished.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The fish rots from the head down

Actually a fish rots from the inside outward, starting in the intestines. Enzymes in the fish's digestive tract actively digest the fish's stomach, liver, and kidneys, which releases bacteria and enzymes into the rest of the fish's cavity, rotting the fish from the inside out. The head is the last portion to rot.

So... if we're going to get cutesy here, the rotting agents of the fish are found deep within. Name someone deeper inside the guts of DC than John McCain has always been. The agent of rot is currently nursing a terminal brain tumor in Arizona, which is why the fish must be cleaned, guts removed, salted and properly handled.

And then deep fried until there are no more bubbles.

Or as my teacher used to say, "Powdered sugar, under the broiler and into the trash."

Is it Karma or Judgement?

I wish cancer on no one. But knowing when to exit stage left, is a virtue.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

this was a closed door meeting..

the only person that needs to fired is the person telling stories to the press.

how many times have you said something to a close friend about someone you dont like?

who cares what this person thinks about Sen. McCain? she is not the president and she is allowed to have personal opinions just like McCain is.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hmn...

I wonder what's happened to the site I first lurked in the early 2000's. It felt tingly, alittle adrenaline to even be viewing, an exchange of esoteric knowledge. Honest debate. A search for the truth. Deny Ignorance.

Now it's reduced to this.... hate and division about a dieing man that has spent his life in public service.

SkepticOverLord's visit to D.C. a few yrs ago makes much more sense now.
edit on 11-5-2018 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I wish cancer on no one. But knowing when to exit stage left, is a virtue.

Totally agree, go out with dignity and acceptance. He should let the sitting President attend his funeral no matter the person or party affiliation. It's the office that is important ultimately.

He's a bitter old man who didn't get his power and glory moment and now wants to hurt as many on his way out as possible.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ttropia

originally posted by: Arnie123
The Aide ain't wrong.

True

originally posted by: Arnie123
Plus, its McCain, so who cares?

I care about every human being. Even the evil ones just lost sight; That is all.

I care to not ever hate anyone. I might find your action reprehensible and destructive but unless your murdering others, you should be allowed to live out your life in a similar peace to that you choose to live by.

I care that his soul is probably not saved, that he led people down a path filled with lies and deceit, and the he was an evil man while on this Earth. I pray for his soul that it will have better Karma than what he deserves IMO. I served with Viet Nam vets who knew the story well, told me he was a traitor to many of his men. There are still some of his men who stand by him that are quiet about it but will say he needed to shut his mouth while in the Hanoi Hilton because he was getting them killed, literally.

Then on top of that, his deeds speak volumes for his concern for his duties to his country that he was elected to represent.
edit on 12-5-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Maybe you can answer...what is the rest of the quote? The rest of the discussion? Something that provides more context than an incomplete sentence?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

This feels like a 2 pronged jab.

- virtue signal against an official
- get trump supporters to say meam things about mccain for additional shock and disgust.

Holy crap, the VICTIMHOOD is ridiculous.

NO...It is NOT reporters fault a Member of the WH Staff said McCain was irrelevant because he was dying!!!

NO...It is NOT my fault that posters say horrific things about A Viet Nam Veteran and War Hero on his deathbed.

For effs sake...The party of personal responsibility??????????
The right-wing has become nothing but a Punch Line, and THAT is on it's best days.

edit on 12-5-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: CB328
Another day another undeniable proof of how despicable modern Republicans are.
I can't wait for November.

Yep, them Dems certainly have the moral high ground.

Yes, because the Comedian Kathy Griffen is the same as a taxpayer employed Whitehouse Aid to the President of the United States and Leader of the Republican Party

What is your malfunction that you can't tell the difference?

I Heard Jeffrey Dalmer ate brains and was a Republican! So now I will defend serial killers and cannibalism!

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
And since so many in this thread need a reminder of what BASIC HUMAN DECENCY resembles:

The Vietnam Veterans of America on Friday condemned the remarks from retired Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney and White House special assistant Kelly Sadler, as "disrespectful and offensive" and demanded their employment be severed "immediately."

“As an organization, we have had our disagreements with Senator McCain, but he will always be one of our brothers,"

Vietnam Veterans of America said in a statement.

"What Sadler and McInerney have said will not be forgotten, as it reveals an incredible lack of respect for the service and sacrifice of every veteran, and their relationships with the White House and Fox News should be severed immediately."

thehill.com...

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Love how the left is defending this corrupt turncoat out of their own hatred for Trump.

Here's the thing.
It's not just "the left" and "they" are not defending McCain's political positions.

"They" are defending basic human decency and compassion for a decorated veteran and his family.
"They" are defending a man who spent his entire life fighting for what he believed was in the best interest of the country he loved. He spent over 5 years of that life being tortured for his love of country and still chose to continue to serve when he returned home.

COMMAN HUMAN DECENCY
THAT is what people are defending.

It is sick that so many find themselves having to stand up against the Whitehouse for that very basic and simple American Value.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

This feels like a 2 pronged jab.

- virtue signal against an official
- get trump supporters to say meam things about mccain for additional shock and disgust.

Holy crap, the VICTIMHOOD is ridiculous.

NO...It is NOT reporters fault a Member of the WH Staff said McCain was irrelevant because he was dying!!!

NO...It is NOT my fault that posters say horrific things about A Viet Nam Veteran and War Hero on his deathbed.

For effs sake...The party of personal responsibility??????????
The right-wing has become nothing but a Punch Line, and THAT is on it's best days.

OK, can you post the video or a transcript of the conversation? All I have seen is an incomplete sentence that was obviously part of a larger conversation.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Hard to feel sorry for a guy with as much blood on his hands as he does.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join