It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Aide on McCain "It Doesn't Matter, He is Dying Anyway"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

A White House official mocked Sen. John McCain’s brain cancer diagnosis at an internal meeting on Thursday, a day after the Arizona Republican announced his opposition to President Trump’s nominee for CIA director, Gina Haspel.

Special assistant Kelly Sadler made the derisive comments during a closed-door White House meeting of about two-dozen communications staffers on Thursday morning.

“It doesn’t matter, he’s dying anyway,” Sadler said, according to a source familiar with the remarks at the meeting.

The White House did not deny the account of Sadler’s remarks, which came amid a discussion of Haspel’s nomination and McCain’s opposition to it.

thehill.com...

McCain (R-Ariz.), the Senate Armed Services Committee chairman, released a statement Thursday announcing his opposition to the confirmation of Gina Haspel to be CIA director, writing that her “refusal to acknowledge torture’s immorality is disqualifying.”

Sen. John McCain’s wife chastised a White House aide Thursday night who made a dismissive remark about the senator’s cancer diagnosis during an internal meeting.

“May I remind you my husband has a family, 7 children and 5 grandchildren,” Cindy McCain wrote on Twitter Thursday evening.

www.politico.com...

Disgusting, but nothing from this Whitehouse shocks me anymore.

This woman deserves to be fired, but we all know that will never happen.
She is exactly who Trump chooses to surround himself with. Sociopaths.

edit on 11-5-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Just give him time. He'll get around to firing her.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Sen. John McCain’s wife chastised a White House aide Thursday night who made a dismissive remark about the senator’s cancer diagnosis during an internal meeting.

“May I remind you my husband has a family, 7 children and 5 grandchildren,” Cindy McCain wrote on Twitter Thursday evening.

Well, I feel saddened by his children. They didn't asked or deserved to be born in this family.

+45 more 
link   
The Aide ain't wrong.

Plus, its McCain, so who cares?

link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Just give him time. He'll get around to firing her.

Many ways Trump can deliberate on whether she should be fired.

1) The simple moral question.
2) Preserving the dignity of the Office of the President of the United States
3) Empathy for McCain and his family
4) Ha Ha...I hate McCain...Ha ha

Only one of those is a realistic expectation from this miserable excuse for a human being.

+3 more 
posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
The Aide ain't wrong.

I am sorry for you and the person you see in the mirror.

Karma is real.

+12 more 
posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
The Aide ain't wrong.

I am sorry for you and the person you see in the mirror.

Karma is real.
I equally am sorry for your terrible lifes choices, resulting in a bitter person who can't accept a Trump Presidency and the death of a man who obstructed Trump at times and created this whole faux outage.

Yes, Karma is a bitch, for McCain 😂
edit on 11-5-2018 by Arnie123 because: Hej

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

It must be true since it hasn't been denied yet!

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Special assistant Kelly Sadler made the derisive comments during a closed-door White House meeting

Yep, truly deplorable. Stating facts in a private meeting. Somehow "derisive"? Give me a break. Leakers can get you guys worked up over anything.

+7 more 
posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

People die every day...why is this any different? He's a bitter old man who attempted to thwart democracy in our country and made MANY bad decisions and doesn't care that he did. Is there a reason we should be upset over a comment? Should we silence the one who commented?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

It must be true since it hasn't been denied yet!

It's been confirmed through multiple sources and the aide, the WH has not denied it. there were two dozen people in the room.
She called Meagan McCain to explain it was just a joke, but the call did not go well.

I am pretty sure you know this to be accurate.
Why not just skip the standard dishonest deny it happened step and go straight to the dishonest defending it step?

+5 more 
posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I heard from my inside sources that Obama is responsible for killing McCain. It was mentioned at a closed door meeting that you weren't part of, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If true, that’s a pretty disgusting comment to make no matter how you feel about someone.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

People die every day...why is this any different? He's a bitter old man who attempted to thwart democracy in our country and made MANY bad decisions and doesn't care that he did. Is there a reason we should be upset over a comment? Should we silence the one who commented?

Attempted to thwart democracy? So, when the vote goes your way, it's democracy, when it doesn't go your way is corruption and thwarted democracy?

Deplorable!

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

People die every day...why is this any different? He's a bitter old man who attempted to thwart democracy

He is a decorated US Veteran and former POW, where he was held for over 5 years in a Vietnamese Prison Camp and tortured.

He went to serve 36 years in the US Congress and Senate.

Although I have disagreed with many of his political positions, he never "thwarted democracy". He passionately fought and suffered for it every day of his life.

Your post is disgusting.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Attempted to thwart democracy? So, when the vote goes your way, it's democracy, when it doesn't go your way is corruption and thwarted democracy?

Deplorable!

Guessing you didn't know he was the intermediary of the fake dossier to the FBI....I'd consider a attempted political hit job like that to be attempting to thwart democracy...but cool...go on voting for the regime!

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
If true, that’s a pretty disgusting comment to make no matter how you feel about someone.

It might be....

.....but this doesn't even rise to the standards contained in Chinese Whispers.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I heard from my inside sources that Obama is responsible for killing McCain. It was mentioned at a closed door meeting that you weren't part of, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Your defense is lies? or ignorance?

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

He isn't politically relevant now. He will pass and Legislation will continue. No Offense to the man, but what has he really accomplished in his Political Career? Not much of a legacy. Remember "Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Bomb Iran" ? He thought that was mighty funny.

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Deplorable!

Guessing you didn't know he was the intermediary of the fake dossier to the FBI....

I guess you didn't know that the Dossier is not fake?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join