It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The issue with atheism

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

Again I don't hate people. But do hate the
way they mock what others believe.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

I want to start by letting you know we are
similar in the way you were raised. My
parents claimed baptist when I asked. But
never once did I cross the threshold of
any church with them. I was for the most
part left to find my own path. Never
indoctrinated never directed. By the time
I was ten, I became very aggressive in my
search the answer to that big Q.

Is there a God?

Before I was out of high school after
wieghing it all for years with an open
mind. It was clear to me that atheism
made the least sense out of everything
I'd ever heard. And to this day not once
has that view sounded remotely viable.
I'll start on my experience now and let
you read this.

to me nothing makes any sense, why can't we just be and keep going?

Why is everyone so focused on finding a reason? i don't get it at all

Nothing is viable if you really think about it, i'm not expert but tell me this, if it was so clear, how much time has been spent on this same question, without getting to a real answer?

Why not just stop and live and move on and if God, as whoever believes it exists does exist, is looking "down" then you'll have lived a great life, if not you still lived a great life and everyone you knew is happy and loves you.

What's so wrong about that? why are you all ripping your skin off abotu this?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Again I don't hate people. But do hate the
way they mock what others believe.

But i'm not talking specifically about you, i'm talking about in general

Why they hate me? I never did any harm but as long as i'm not part of the believe i'm not welcome, how can that be love?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Another issue I have is when people of faith say "believe in God, he has a plan for you'. You know what that means..it means your life is not your own and that any decision you make or are going to make was predetermined for you and you had no control over any of it. This means a murderer, rapist or any violent criminal was destined to commit those crime and are just following a script written for them and it also means evil does not exist because God decided already that you are this person.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FakeNews9999
Another issue I have is when people of faith say "believe in God, he has a plan for you'. You know what that means..it means your life is not your own and that any decision you make or are going to make was predetermined for you and you had no control over any of it. This means a murderer, rapist or any violent criminal was destined to commit those crime and are just following a script written for them and it also means evil does not exist because God decided already that you are this person.

But when i started learning about religion it wasn't that, it was that you are completely responsible of your on decisions, unless it wasn't once bad things happened and i was very lost and looked for help and it completely reversed

Then it was God's will and i had to respect it and move forward

But you are FakeNews so you probably are a lier

edit on 12-5-2018 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I respect your beliefs. I learned at an early age that many of the so called bible thumpers are very hypocritical and hateful people. I am not saying you or anyone is one of these same people.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Why would you cling to believes that you cannot logically explain?

If God ever reveals himself to you personally, you will NOT be able to logically explain it.

But you WILL know he's real just as sure as you know anything else.

Atheists claim Christianity requires blind faith but atheists are in fact are the ones who base their beliefs on the absence of evidence.

Atheism is the REAL blind faith, NOT Christianity.

"Blinded by Science" This card basically is a depiction of blinding people through the notion that a thing is false if it cannot be explained by science. Its like making science look like the real thing. Many empty headed people buy into it and that allows the corrupt science groups (controlled by Illuminati as shown in the card) to publish false stuff.

www.pinterest.com...

This higher studies and disinformation lead to people being “Blinded by Science” like the next card says, being one of the goals of the New World Order, causing people to think of the spiritual world as crazy, becoming as robots, just like the picture depicts, not only because of the way they act and think, which is all the same, but because of the coming chip which will make them part machines and which they will all accept gladly.

Illuminati Game, a Plan for Control

Atheists are a people “without a belief in theism” not because they have disproved the existence of God with evidence, but rather because they claim there is an absence of evidence for God. They believe there is no God because they cannot see any evidence of God. Atheists trust there is no God not because of what they see, but because of what they cannot see. Their conviction stems from things not seen.

The Blind Faith of Atheism

Atheism is the most primitive of belief systems. It claims ‘science’ and ‘logic’ ‘prove’ God does not exist. A total logical fallacy, as obviously God is not material and science is only interested in, and can only observe material ‘reality’. God’s existence cannot be proven or disproven via the scientific method. It’s not that people haven’t tried, it’s just logically impossible.

Atheism is therefore inconsistent with its own propositions. And this is why it inspires so little confidence. It’s usually a reaction to religious hypocrisy and while primitive, for this reason it’s often the strong that flirt with it.

Atheists often develop fundamentalist tendencies. Also they will often actively proselytize. All in all, atheism as a belief system is not sufficient to defeat religion. That’s why Richard Dawkins, who made a career of denying God, recanted and went agnostic: simply not knowing, instead of denying.

migchels.wordpress.com...

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FakeNews9999

I respect your beliefs. I learned at an early age that many of the so called bible thumpers are very hypocritical and hateful people. I am not saying you or anyone is one of these same people.

I tried to be sarcastic, i can see i'm not
Sorry so much, English is not my first language, i agree with you. I don't think there's a "plan", it doesn't make any sense

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

I do not believe in santa 🎅 clause.

Therefore I make myself santa🎅 clause.

That reasoning, if you could even call it that, is beyond stupid.

That argument is just sad.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The issue with Christians is that they follow doctrine without even understanding why, and the why often boils down to fabricated stories or channeling. I don't think God talks to us. It is that simple. Take 100 prophets and put them in a hundred interviews asking a hundred questions about philosophy and if God really talked to them all, they would have the same answer. Even if you are a Christian and don't usually consider the fact that other religions are out there, think about it - there are other religions besides your own that all believe they are the correct one. Our world IS NOT monotheist. Christians are the monotheists, but not the world.

At any rate, as an atheist, you can still have morals, and they will be even clearer and based on reason. The atheist will know what they are doing and why. And it is still, believe it or not, in one's best interest to treat others with respect and to be altruistic. As an atheist, one will fully understand why they are being respectful, why they help others, and how this benefits society. Christians, on the other hand, will often rely on doctrine and not grasp the full meaning of any morals.

In fact, it is the Christians that forget how to treat others with respect. Maybe they never knew why it was important to do so because they never spent time pondering the reasons behind their morals. This is a point I make again.

One example of Christians treating others with disrespect is when they think it is "moral" to deny service to gays and lesbians. It shows how "developed" the Christian mind is when they think that disrespecting others is the key to salvation. I

An atheist knows that when you treat others with respect, it reduces conflict and results in not only the other person having a higher quality of life but the atheist as well, as they are respected in return.

When it comes to God, I do actually believe he exists, but I don't think he talks to people. Instead, the best way to learn about God is through science and the reason-based study of His creation.

This means that dinosaurs existed, and to deny them, is to deny the reality of God and His universe. Homosexuals have been proven to be naturally attracted to the same sex. Since God made them, it goes against God to deny them their rightful and natural way of being. But they don't reproduce! You exclaim. Well, maybe evolution (God's chosen method of developing life) evolved them for a reason that is not apparent.

In fact, if God did happen to care what Christians thought, he might look at them with pity or even disdain as they continue to deny the reality of their existence, and thus the reality of God's universe. It is clear that the reason behind this is their reliance on "channeling" and "prophets" that are nothing more than charlatans and fakes.

Just a word of advice for anyone reading this, don't ever have morals based on channeling or prophets or based on what someone else has said, just because they said it. Use reason. Think things through. Does the person you wish to follow have a good argument? Come to your own conclusions using critical thinking. Make sure your morals are thought through and make logical sense and follow a reasonable argument and are based on reality.
edit on 12amSat, 12 May 2018 03:41:46 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I went to a church once called corner stone.
Penticostal, my girl friend and her three kids
had been going for weeks and had been
trying to get me there. They had even talked
to the pastor about me as the big time believer
without a church.

That pastor sent an oral invitation to me
to please come to his service. I finally
caved for the sake of my girlfriends
kids. Just didn't want them to get the
wrong message from me.

Long story short once the service was over
the pastor asked me to join him alone in his
chambers. Where upon he immediately
began a very judgemental chastising. All
about how I was going to hell because my
girlfriend and I weren't married and he didn't
want to see that happen.

This jackass didn't even know us.

I let him ramble for awhile biding
my time and finally interupted and
said.
" Well it's become very clear to me sir.
that if you don't believe All my sin is
forgiven? You don't have enough faith
In the blood of Jesus Christ. And you
are really gonna have to work on that
before I think of coming back."
I walked out with that pastors jaw on
the floor.

We never did go back.

But I didn't throw out the baby
with the bath water.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I went to a church once called corner stone.
Penticostal, my girl friend and her three kids
had been going for weeks and had been
trying to get me there. They had even talked
to the pastor about me as the big time believer
without a church.

That pastor sent an oral invitation to me
to please come to his service. I finally
caved for the sake of my girlfriends
kids. Just didn't want them to get the
wrong message from me.

Long story short once the service was over
the pastor asked me to join him alone in his
chambers. Where upon he immediately
began a very judgemental chastising. All
about how I was going to hell because my
girlfriend and I weren't married and he didn't
want to see that happen.

This jackass didn't even know us.

I let him ramble for awhile biding
my time and finally interupted and
said.
I walked out with that pastors jaw on
the floor.

We never did go back.

But I didn't throw out the baby
with the bath water.

I don't believe in churches and whoever controls them, how is that different?

I don't know how, or if there's a God, but if there is i don't think he/she is someone in robs looking all blue eyed long hair wise white dude or whatever. That's ridiculous.

Also whoever is God is not someone full of love that also will kill you in the most awful ways forever and ever if you fail to surrender and lick his boots.

Whoever is god, like i said before, didn't meant for people to act liek this, and everything is just stupid, whatever religion it is

i know about spirituality and i was interested in zen and other things and i love it and i also don't follow it still. I just want to "know" but it seems like you can't unless you believe and i don't know how that can work. It's like the gym, pay or go away and i won't tell you what i know. Dumb

edit on 12-5-2018 by WarriorMH because: More typos

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   

...[SNIP]...
...[SNIP]...

GOLD!

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

You can't possibly be try'n make an
arguement with this atheists are the
best and most pure and Christians just
are bad cock n bullshlt are you?

In fact, it is the Christians that forget how to treat others with respect. Maybe they never knew why it was important to do so because they never spent time pondering the reasons behind their morals. This is a point I make again. 

Hell I guess you are.
edit on Ram51218v06201800000023 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

All I can tell you is this. I only hope for you
thar at the END of your journey. You have
chosen the right path. That's it.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

That's my opinion. Christians rely on false prophets while atheists actually take the time to study God's creation and learn from it themselves. Their insistence on critical thinking, using reason, and studying God's creation through science actually means they have a decent chance of figuring out how the universe, and therefore God, works. Atheists might not know it or even agree, but they are, in fact, closer to understanding the divine. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
edit on 12amSat, 12 May 2018 04:30:29 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 12amSat, 12 May 2018 04:33:27 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   

My path will always be: Do what's best for you, feel happy for what you have, do what you can for everyone else as long as you don't hurt yoursleve doing it, let everyone else be, hope they let you be, never ever surrender to someone else's wishes just because they tell you to.

This is how i know how to live, if you have something that can make me feel better please tell, but as far as i have lived i'm very happy.

what's the difference between my happiness and the people under the religion, which ever it is?

I don't have anything else to say too, don't know where you are but good night or good day.

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

What do you think about what I've been saying about the best way of understanding God is through science and reason?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   

People treat me llike an idiot kid and i'm not, i may not be 40 or whoatever, i'm not idiot, i know i have seen. Some friends have died, some went away and never returned, i have looked around i have seen stuff, i'm not fool and i know i'm hated, people have told me. Some times because of my skin color sometimes because of where i was born, or even where i wasn't born but they thought i was, because of skin color, i know about all those things.

In the end, no difference made right?

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

What do you think about what I've been saying about the best way of understanding God is through science and reason?

I like science, my teacher in middle school was good, i learned how to do great things. One thing she specially thought me was that you should never assume anything based on what you wish to be. Because that means you probably will be wrong. Science is about questioning, never assuming or whishing you're right

She told me, if i tell you i'm right and you're wrong you will have to doubt me and tell me how i'm wrong, and if you fail i may be right, or you may not have yet found how i'm wrong, but nothing is certain.

that's how science works, nothing is ever certain
edit on 12-5-2018 by WarriorMH because: foerver typos

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join