It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wealthier people from other states are moving into California while those with less money move out.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Interestingly, the white liberals in Beverly Hills are very racist. While they call Trump and conservatives racists, they look down on brown people and think all of them are poor.

I am told by my professor to stay on the Western Conservative US states like Utah and Montana and avoid Oklahoma and other Southern states.

My favorite place to travel is the Southern states. They are filled with friendly folks and some of the best food around. I am surprised by your professors remarks. He sounds like a bigoted fool.

I broke a tie rod on my van in TN coming back from Disney. A guy stopped as he saw us on the side of the road and got me the parts and installed it. I practically had to beg him to take money for his work and effort.

People need to get out and see the country and the world for that matter. You'd learn a lot more about people than hearing it from a professor.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Well that's why I stated earlier that me and a lot of people want to get the ***** out of California. Sadly there are others who don't want to move, hence ended up homeless.

In fact, I told someone that there is no hope for this state and she stated "With that attitude, you'll never achieve anything" I was like it's a lost cause and that California is a sinking ship.

There was another girl who wished that a big earthquake happened in California so that the rich people can leave and the property prices will go down.
edit on 5/8/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I don't laugh at those less fortunate than myself. I donate to faithbased charitable organizations and give money to street people when they ask me. I'm blessed to be able to give what I can.

This hatred of the rich is out of control....

I donate. You're indirectly twisting my words to suit your echo chamber.

I don't hate rich people. I just dislike hypocrites born with a silver spoon in their mouths.

I also noted that you appear to consider yourself of said class. Interesting...

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Well here in LA, there are some anti TPTB leftists that want a Communist Revolution and they look up to groups like the Viet Cong and other anticolonial Communist movements in Third World Nations. I don't blame him really. He probably met them.
edit on 5/8/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

They're not just in LA (modern communists). They're over here in the UK too. I hear old guys laughing at them but it doesn't mean they're not making inroads. Pretty scary times.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

They're not just in LA (modern communists). They're over here in the UK too. I hear old guys laughing at them but it doesn't mean they're not making inroads. Pretty scary times.

I'm pretty sure the UK laughter extends past it's shores.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesjr

California was just ranked as the 5th largest economy in the world, that’s up from it’s previous ranking as 6th in the world.

So it is understandable that the wealthy would be moving into the state; Money goes where the money flows.

I’m a recent retiree, living just outside Sacramento. I bought my home six years ago, living on my pension. I have yet to touch my IRA (though that will change soon, as I intend to pay off my one remaining credit card), and have not had any problem maintaining my standard of living, so far.

Next year I plan to get a part-time job to fund some projects around the house, and to keep myself from going stir-crazy! My prior experience in state tax preparation should serve me well in that endeavor, especially with a large crop of Wealthy new-comers to the State.

Cha-Ching!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

#MeToo.

I'm learning though that our children our being taught some pretty messed up sh1t.

That is what scares me.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Cali has extra training for tax preparers....just so you know.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
businesses are fleeing California

I know people living in SoCal who just got laid off, another set of people who can't find work that pays enough to live on and they were making 100k+ a year a few years ago.

If you aren't rich don't move to CA, and that's the attitude of the legislator's out there as well so don't expect it to get better.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

#MeToo.

I'm learning though that our children our being taught some pretty messed up sh1t.

That is what scares me.

I don't trust anyone and you're right. There are some really creepy assholes running this rock right now and I hope they're taken out, soon. I'm not afraid, I'm just pissed that people like that have been given free reign over our Democracy. That's not gonna last long, I guarantee it.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

one of trumps most ardent hates hypocrites born with a silver spoon. lol

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

A lot of us are born in California and our families came to California back when it was still a good place to live.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Interestingly, the white liberals in Beverly Hills are very racist. While they call Trump and conservatives racists, they look down on brown people and think all of them are poor.

I am told by my professor to stay on the Western Conservative US states like Utah and Montana and avoid Oklahoma and other Southern states.

My favorite place to travel is the Southern states. They are filled with friendly folks and some of the best food around. I am surprised by your professors remarks. He sounds like a bigoted fool.

Quiet dang-it....... let them think were Sure'nuf plumb dumb hiblies......sister chasin, chew spittin, barefootin, we surely don't them migrating here........ Shhhhhhh......!

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I lived in California for ten years, at first before the market crashed I had all kinds of great opportunities then the market crashed

also the culture has changed drastically over the last few years

even 10-12 years ago it was a lot more laid back but now a days people have this superiority complex and everyone is completely selfish

I don't miss the culture at all but it's still the most beautiful place in the world

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Cali has extra training for tax preparers....just so you know.

I have 20+ years of experience in “training” those preparers; or, perhaps “correcting” their “training” would be more precise.

My former position required me to explain State tax laws to CPA’s, Accountants, and other tax professionals, as a representative of the State’s tax agency.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

one of trumps most ardent hates hypocrites born with a silver spoon. lol

I'm one of Trump's most ardent? Wow. A perfect example of misconstrued context via the webs.

I only defend Trump when he's doing something right which is pretty much most of the time. You probably won't believe me when I tell you that I think he's secretly an Illuminati Reptilian Blueblood.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Interesting article. Glad to see the rich folk going to California. Here in Texas, they are typically quite obnoxious and make life difficult for everyone else.

Problem with moving to Texas is two fold. First, to live in Texas (as a youngster), is that you'll find you actually have to work for a living. Welfare is pretty scarce here. Second is, to work you have to have a vehicle and to get a vehicle, you have to have a job, so the economy revolves a lot around mobility issues and costs.

There are good paying jobs here, and a lot of need for the service trades like plumbing and electricity. But if you're going to make the move, I'd suggest you hurry up because its increasingly becoming the case that if you can't speak Spanish, you can't get hired.

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I'd suggest you hurry up because its increasingly becoming the case that if you can't speak Spanish, you can't get hired.

I know that's a lie because no one is illegally migrating anymore.

/ end sarcasm

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Generally the people you meet react to the way you act wherever you go. That said being from CA might put you at a disadvantage

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join