It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My cat eats blue cheese.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I have been buying real blue cheese with the Roquefort Penicillin culture and everything, in an attempt to deal with some health issues that seem to lessen when I have a nice big wedge. My cat, grumpy as he is, came up and started begging for some as well.

I thought "WTH?" and because I know he will have a sniff and decide I am eating out of a dumpster again, I let him have the stuff at the bottom of the wedge package.

He plowed into it. I watched as he licked the bottom and edges as clean as he could, and stood there with what I can only describe as this immensely pleased look. I didn't know cats would eat cheese laced with mold.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

Your cat and I both! My pixybob will eat any and all cheese, my Calico a little more picky...Ill have to try Blue with her. Cats like anything skunky, get some Valerian root some time, drives em wild as catnip...maybe thats the blue cheese charm for cats? I rather enjoy the skunky scents and flavors myself.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I thought "WTH?" and because I know he will have a sniff and decide I am eating out of a dumpster again, I let him have the stuff at the bottom of the wedge package. 

Really? Because my cat will eat it's own puke.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

One of my cats is nuts for blue cheese. She chases my wife around whenever she makes a salad and my wife puts blue cheese on her finger and lets her lick it off. I think most cats probably would enjoy this dairy snack.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Hey there, I've got some toe jam cheese I think you would really like. My dog loves it!

Blue cheese, Yuck!!@

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Our cats won't eat aged cheese at all. They don't mind some american cheese melted over their rare burger though.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I'm intrigued to know what kind of ailments blue cheese would alleviate/ cure. I'm guessing something gastro-intestinal due to the fat content maybe?

Totally understand if you don't want to divulge any medical issues though.

To your health! (and your cat's)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Really? Because my cat will eat it's own puke.

The rule is *I* am supposed to be eating the good stuff.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLiquidEngineer

I'm intrigued to know what kind of ailments blue cheese would alleviate/ cure. I'm guessing something gastro-intestinal due to the fat content maybe?

I have had issues where I'd get slightly feverish. The cheese seems to help make those times less frequent. My gut hasn't been right in some time regardless. I also had this... weird moment where I had finished off a wedge, laid down for a nap, and woke up refreshed and feeling unusually *good*. I do NOT wake up refreshed, let alone feeling 'good'. My immediate thought was "the cheese did this???" so, this week, I will have cheese 3 days of the week, and see how I feel at the end of the week.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
your cats normal .
Ive got a cat that eats durian along with likes veggies .

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Well my dogs only eat cave aged gruyere. But only if it’s 10+ months. They turn their nose to anything less than six.
edit on 6-5-2018 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I have no doubt whatsoever that all (3) of my dogs would do BACKFLIPS over Bleu Cheese! I LOVE the stuff myself, and never have enough left over to try it with them.

They, on the other hand, think a fresh cow poop is the best thing on Earth! And, when it's freezing cold outside, the most fun thing in the World to do is grab a great big frozen one from one of the corrals when no one is looking and try to bring it in the house (to snack on later)!! I'm not talking about small ones either, but ones almost as big as they are...great big YUGE ones!!

Ah, the life of owning Australian Cattle Dogs and Aussie Shepards! I honestly think they try to test my 'gross-out' threshold on a regular basis! They think it's hilarious. Me, not so much.

Never seen an ACD wag his nub that fast as when I say..."Cisco, what the hell is THAT????" (wiggle, wiggle, wiggly wiggle). C'mon, Dad...can I lick your face now?????

edit on 5/6/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

originally posted by: TheLiquidEngineer

I have had issues where I'd get slightly feverish. The cheese seems to help make those times less frequent. My gut hasn't been right in some time regardless. I also had this... weird moment where I had finished off a wedge, laid down for a nap, and woke up refreshed and feeling unusually *good*. I do NOT wake up refreshed, let alone feeling 'good'. My immediate thought was "the cheese did this???" so, this week, I will have cheese 3 days of the week, and see how I feel at the end of the week.

Huh, that is strange. Maybe it's the mold or the protein content? Who knows. Cheese seems to be a pretty complex foodstuff. I don't seem to be able to eat it before bed time because of the weird dreams/nightmares I seem to get but if it works for you keep doing it. There's worse things you could be taking for your symptoms.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

My five cats will eat each other's puke. They love anything stinky. My dogs arn't any more discerning. Love em anyway but never let them lick me-ever.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Our dog loves it as well, although she does head to the cat box for midnight snacks, so.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
your cats normal .
Ive got a cat that eats durian along with likes veggies .

My Old Man Cat kicked it a few years back, but he went NUTS for his veggies. He loved peas, carrots, green beans and corn the most. His absolute favorite was peas, he couldn't get enough of them, he'd sit there and lick his chops & slobber like a dog waiting for you to dole it out. Preferably snap peas, freshly steamed.
I suppose along with the gizzards from the whole chicken I cooked every week, that might be part of why he lived to 23 years old.

Our current & only cat, never had the same affection for veggies as he did. In fact, he'd often look at him eating his veggies like "Dude, WTF?" This cat's thing is cheese, hands down. He's very particular about which cheeses, but his definite favored one is Muenster. After that, he likes Provolone. We don't give him very much & not very often, he doesn't tolerate dairy very well and gets VERY gassy. A gassy cat is about as bad as a gassy dog is.

Oh, and pepperonis. My husband likes to slip him a little chunk off a pepperoni log when he gets it once in a while. Cat is over the moon for that. Pepperoni farts are infinitely worse than dairy farts, though, NASTY.
edit on 5/7/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Our cat likes to eat mango, corn on the cob and sweet mung bean and coconut creme soup which gets turned into ice blocks. He also love yogurt and cheese. Oh and he loves pumpkin

edit on 7-5-2018 by Cloudbuster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Opps double post

edit on 7-5-2018 by Cloudbuster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Not only cats like blue- / smelly cheese. That´s how hunters prepare marten life-traps (they are alive, not killed) here. Works better than any egg or whatever you might hear.

Limburger or Romadur (the cheap ones of course).

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Our two cats now chasing Mr mouse in the sky were from the same litter but totally different as one you could open a tub of total greek yoghurt and he'd pretty much try and demolish it while his brother would have a bit every now and again.

They're like us really as I like crackers and a good blue cheese but the gaffer will just run a mile.

But sometimes strange behaviour can mean the animals needs a checkup as perhaps they're not absorbing as much nutrients from the average can of kit-e-kat and it knows that such an item smelling as it does will boost its system.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join