It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing me softly with his fries...killing me softly...with his fries...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
Well, here in the US, we have these places called supermarkets, where you can purchase uncooked vegetables, fruit, and all kinds of uncooked things if you want. Its also much cheaper than prepackaged, preservative laden, stuff.

Are you telling me you don't have such places, or are you just to lazy?

LMFAO, we have actual organic untainted crops, all GM free.
Can you say that? No, and from everything I read even your organic farms are struggling from cross pollination.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
So, in closing, I ask is it a conspiracy to damage the health of US citizens, or maybe just the lower hanging fruit who don't check what they are eating? Is it a conspiracy of business to maximise profit at lowest cost? That I struggle with because with the extra ingredients in US McD's fries it must cost more to produce them.
Either way, I'm glad your crap food isn't on sale in the UK, and even if we're forced to import US food in a post-brexit deal, we will have clear labels on the food so we can make the choice.

An added thought to this possible conspiracy: what will happen after Brexit? Will the UK keep the same rules against GMOs and such? Or will it follow the US and accept things that now are forbidden?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

So, in closing, I ask is it a conspiracy to damage the health of US citizens, or maybe just the lower hanging fruit who don't check what they are eating? Is it a conspiracy of business to maximise profit at lowest cost? That I struggle with because with the extra ingredients in US McD's fries it must cost more to produce them.
Either way, I'm glad your crap food isn't on sale in the UK, and even if we're forced to import US food in a post-brexit deal, we will have clear labels on the food so we can make the choice.

An added thought to this possible conspiracy: what will happen after Brexit? Will the UK keep the same rules against GMOs and such? Or will it follow the US and accept things that now are forbidden?

My belief is we will accept import of US foods currently banned in the EU but it will be clearly labelled as such.
It is my hope at least.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ZombieZygote

Of course there is... I mean we're all lined up and forced at spork point to buy supersized yummie goodness, after all.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: ZombieZygote

Of course there is... I mean we're all lined up and forced at spork point to buy supersized yummie goodness, after all.

Why do McD's have the additives in US fries then? To create addicts maybe?
It just seems mad that UK fries have 3 ingredients while US have what 19?
...and if this is a thing and allowed, my question is why?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Zarniwoop

That looks well tasty!
US menu though, probably taste crap in the UK once they remove the additive chemicals.

Being in the UK... wouldn't they also replace the meat for some off tasting substance, which has a similar texture to meat?

Anyway... the BBQ bacon lovers burger, with an Angus beef patty, is what I'm loving at Mcdonalds atm.

mcdonalds.com.au...

That'll get the calories into ya, when your doing a hard days work... I don't really care whether its going to eventually kill me or not... Its easy calories and tastes really good!

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Being in the UK... wouldn't they also replace the meat for some off tasting substance, which has a similar texture to meat?

Give me Quorn over the #ty meat US Mc'D's are allowed to sell it's citizens.
Hell, it's the same for you quys down under, quick search...

Macca's Australia fries contain potato, canola oil, dextrose and mineral salt. There may be traces of sulphites (less than 10 milligrams per kilogram). Golden Arches fries in Australia are cooked in a canola oil blend of containing canola oil, high oleic canola oil, sunflower oil, and a small amount of palm oil.

...it seems only the US puts up with crap in their food.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Because they're allowed to.

My only point is no one is being forced to buy their crap. I certainly don't. I was in high school the last time I graced McD's with my presence. It was a 1/4 pounder w/cheese, and a large coke. It'll my next life before I ever do again.

Stop buying it, it'll be off the market. No one to blame but the consumer.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Ah but the difference is I can choose to eat McD's and the product they are offering which is way more healthy than the product they offer US consumers.
They offer you chemicals in your food which are banned for human consumption in an alternate Western world of 500+ million people.
Do you condemn EU nations for banning the # your government allows you to eat?

EDIT
I can't see any argument which could support allowing citizens to eat poisoned food...#ing shame and disgrace.
edit on 6-5-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
People will willingly eat food that kills them, as long as it’s cheap.

If you take a long break like I did (5+ years) without eating any fast food it’ll make you sick when you eat it. I’ve acclimated recently to where I eat McDonald’s once a month, but I still feel gross afterwards. I don’t think it’s some huge conspiracy to kill off people through bad food because people willingly make the choice to eat the crap they do.

And I also believe you should have to right to death by McDonald’s if that’s what you choose.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I don't condemn Europe for doing anything of this nature. Why would I? It's of no importance to me in my day to day life.

I thought this thread was about fast food--though I see that it's going off on a bit of a tangent.

If this is such a worrisome trend, maybe further regulation is the answer?

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Even compared to the developing world western food is crap. My friends in some of the poorest countries.in the world eat better food than I do for cheaper. It's always fresh fruits and vegetables usually grown by a neighbour or someone in the same town, any meat is fresh and local....like usually killed and butchered that day....there's something to be said for that even if the rest of the living conditions may be kinda #ty....even then though it's better than the living conditions of some people I know here.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Is this devolving into a snarky UK vs US foody superiority kind of thing? If so, please keep it going. It's a great sedative, and I need to get some sleep.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Moderation control should be considered under any circumstance.

Don't worry, air pollution and gas fumes will more than likely enhance the quality of gmo foods.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I stopped off for cod and chips the other night. (Abbey Fryer, Barton rd in Tewkesbury)
Absolutely gorgeous and kept me going the rest of my shift.
Thing is though, that and the bottle of diet coke set me back £8.90

It's easy to see why people make the decision to go to mcNasties. A big mac meal is about half that.

+2 more 
posted on May, 6 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Here’s a thought:
If you don’t like mcDonalds, don’t go...
But that’s not enough for the fascists....y’all seek to control what I want as well..

My wife is a physician(MD)...
We love mcDondalds fries and feed them to our children...

Sorry if our love of McDonald’s triggers you and your ilk..

-Chris

By that logic:

Yea so what if there's a park for kids with rusty nails poking out of some of the floorboards? If you don't like it, don't go there!

The OP was literally looking out for his American bretheren and in turn, you lambasted him, call him a fascist, and gloat about how its a non issue, and if anything, awesome.

I mean...how? What? I dont even...

edit on 562018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I'm reading this thread while doing a mobile order for a free breakfast sandwhich with the purchase of a Med McCafe.

I got the Americano and a Steak, Egg and Cheese bagel.

So damn good.

TF!!!!???

Your McDonalds has bagels!!!!!

I use the Mobile App all the time, I love it! But we don't have no bagels out here!!! Whaaaaa

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Strumming my pain in my stomach
Shortening my life with his food
Killing me softly with his fries
Killing me softly with his fries

There are a ton of additives that are EU banned that are in our food chain. Part of that is the lobbyist just have too much power.

The real conspiracy IMHO is that the poorer among us have no choice when it comes to food. I can afford and buy as much non GMO and organic food as possible. But its expensive and many families have to make choices regarding eating or not.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Mcdonald’s use to fry their French fries in lard. Which is superior in every single way.
They use to be potatoes fired in lard + salt.

Then the health nuts caused a ruckus and demanded they change the way they prepare their fries.

All those additives are from the beef flavoring they add to try and keep the same flavor profile they had when it was simply potatoes fries in lard.

Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

They should go back to their original recipe if you ask me.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

So this is just a thread to spew venom at the US and say look at us we are better than you?

I'd say that each one of us, no matter where we live, are directly responsible for how we eat and the consequences of it.

Now when I was a tiny child, perhaps my parents influenced me to eat what they worked to buy and put in front of me, but as a mature adult I'd never blame what I eat on anyone but myself. Freedom, including freedom to chose what to eat, comes with personal responsibility. I'd hope it's the same where you are and what you can or can't eat is not forced on you by your government, which no doubt it is not, as it is not here.

Now if we went back to when it was all natural, no pesticides, no chemicals, no hormones, no anti-biotics and looked, you find that we died before age 40 on average. Now we eat all the horrible stuff people freak out about, we live twice that long. Strange, eh

edit on 5/6/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/6/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join