It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing me softly with his fries...killing me softly...with his fries...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I eat all sorts of crap food to be honest, just crap food in the EU and other nations (even Russia with some additives) is less crap for us than US crap food. If you know what I mean.

+4 more 
posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The people here are finally starting to speak up about some of these things. Synthetic hormones are not good, but we are becoming aware of the problems with them and our spending dollars may succeed in persuading companies to stop using them. Our government is not addressing the issue and there is a disclaimer on the milk cartons saying there is no accepted proof that these hormones are a problem when the carton of milk says they do not contain them. I guess the milk companies do not want to get involved with arguing with the FDA and the companies making them.

Bromated vegetable oils are not good for you, but they probably do not cause disease. Still they can lead to long term complications if overconsumed.

Yellow number five was used as a medicine for many moons, it is a medicine and not really a food additive. You take medicines when in need, not when you do not need them. Yellow number five can cause problems in people. In some people with less of a certain enzyme, yellow number six can be a problem too. Neither are needed. Annato is not really that good either, twenty five percent of people are intolerant to it. Methylene blue is also a medicine which should not be overconsumed. Just because something is natural does not make it safer either.

ADA in bread is not good, neither is DATEM. I have more of an intolerance to Datem than ADA I think. Both act as fungusides, neither are good for people who lack the enzymes to properly detox them.

Olestra is probably not good for people, a tad isn't bad. I avoid things with it in them but occasionally eat it in things.

If you consume a little of these occasionally, other than people who have severe intolerances to one of them, they can be detoxed by the body. Eating them regularly will cause most people problems, many will effect your ability to think which messes with your immune system and cravings. I am trying to decipher some of the things that cause me to dumb down, it is hard in processed foods and breads because they contain multiple chemistries. So I try to buy some with just one and see how it effects me. Remember though, combining chemistries can have a synergic effect on thinking and health. You cannot take some medicines with others, and you cannot take some additives with others or with foods they react with.

So I make my own bread, I cook home fries in corn oil, We try to buy more naturally produced meats and we buy a half a grass fed organic cow every year. Some of the stuff we buy is organic and we prepare most of our food from scratch, avoiding natural food chemistry that can also cause my family problems. Eating a lot of leafy greens without consuming onions or blood balancing chemistry can lead to blood clots via the lectin connection. Also cheeses and yogurt and even milk increase clot risk. so can the lectins in breads, wheat gluten agglutination factor needs to be moderated in people.

It is not just cancer we need to worry about, a blood clot or even a blood bleed from being too thin can cause long term problems. They make a big deal about acrylamides, in moderation they are not a problem. Most of us can detox some, asparagus is higher in asparaganes which when browned in the oven turn to acrylamides. They pick on potatoes and breads, but do not tell us the whole story.

Up till maybe ten years ago, the EU was not monitoring or banning a lot of these, they changed their policy and I read that paper of them doing that. They decided to test things for themselves with their own people. Our government here went the other way, the FDA doesn't test hardly at all anymore, as long as the chemical companies give some evidence of the safety and there is no suppressed evidence, and an insurance policy for seven years, they probably will approve it. The FDA cannot test most of the chemicals approved, over fifty thousand presently, they have only personally tested five thousand.

Remember, yellow number five is approved as a food coloring, even though it is a strong funguside and miticide. Many other chemicals are approved for something other than their action is, they would never be allowed to be approved for the action they are actually being used for.

Stay away from carrageenan too, other than making food taste like crap, it is also not good for many of us. It is classified as a food thickener, they do not have to tell us about the other properties it has. The people processing the red seaweed compare it to the irish sea weed, it is not even close to that chemistry. I will let you guys research that on your own to see what is being hidden from us, it is called natural when in fact it is a plant defense chemistry which is basically an antimicrobial chemistry. Lots of people are intolerant to it.

Sorry for making my posts so long.

edit on 6-5-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove
a reply to: Christosterone

Here’s a thought:
If you don’t like mcDonalds, don’t go...
But that’s not enough for the fascists....y’all seek to control what I want as well..

My wife is a physician(MD)...
We love mcDondalds fries and feed them to our children...

Expand upon your thought process here, you claim that it is "fascist" to be concerned about a multinational corporation poisoning the populace!?

Apparently you are so proud of this toxicity being dumped on everyone you proudly declare that you feed your children this poison? And your wife is a "MD" to boot??

I am sorry but it is not "freedom" to sell poison masked as food, it is insidious and evil. Attempting to mask it as an issue of choice is absurd, you seem to understand that all of the ingredients that the OP listed is poison and apparently you are OK with that, however most people are not aware of how toxic the food is, therefore are not making an informed decision.

To me the "Fascism" lies in the power of these corporations to own the FDA/AHA/USDA/CDC etc on down the line and have the ability to propagate "scientific" studies that allow these companies to poison the populace, and own the educational system to indoctrinate each new generation into your kind of thought process, including "MDs".

Honestly your argument is as valid as people who defended Big Tobacco throughout the 20th century, but I am sure you and your MD for a wife would buy your own children cigarettes in order to stand up for the right to consume poison! I mean "Freedom" right!?

I am exaggerating here, I am just so sick of this BS argument about why the Fast food/Grocery monopoly gets to poison children and adults until the grave because of.. ahem "freedom to choose which poison" we ingest.

Excellent post! I wish I could star it a thousand times.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

a reply to: Christosterone

Here’s a thought:
But that’s not enough for the fascists....y’all seek to control what I want as well..

Expand upon your thought process here, you claim that it is "fascist" to be concerned about a multinational corporation poisoning the populace!?

Apparently you are so proud of this toxicity being dumped on everyone you proudly declare that you feed your children this poison? And your wife is a "MD" to boot??

I am sorry but it is not "freedom" to sell poison masked as food, it is insidious and evil. Attempting to mask it as an issue of choice is absurd, you seem to understand that all of the ingredients that the OP listed is poison and apparently you are OK with that, however most people are not aware of how toxic the food is, therefore are not making an informed decision.

To me the "Fascism" lies in the power of these corporations to own the FDA/AHA/USDA/CDC etc on down the line and have the ability to propagate "scientific" studies that allow these companies to poison the populace, and own the educational system to indoctrinate each new generation into your kind of thought process, including "MDs".

Honestly your argument is as valid as people who defended Big Tobacco throughout the 20th century, but I am sure you and your MD for a wife would buy your own children cigarettes in order to stand up for the right to consume poison! I mean "Freedom" right!?

I am exaggerating here, I am just so sick of this BS argument about why the Fast food/Grocery monopoly gets to poison children and adults until the grave because of.. ahem "freedom to choose which poison" we ingest.

Massively agree and quoted because your comments don't deserve being lost at the bottom of the page.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Sorry for making my posts so long.

Thank you for your long and interesting post.
I hope your words inspire others.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Well, since they robbed Social Security and baby boomers are coming of age for retirement, they have to do something to reduce their numbers before it becomes clear to the masses that their government is a bunch of snake oil selling theives.

Yep. I think they are killing us softly with food, air and water. Killing us softly on all sides.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ZombieZygote

Thank you kindly!

This is an issue that utterly infuriates me and I just can not stand the kind of thought process that was being espoused. This is a wonderful OP and a critical issue worth noting for all.

edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago05America/Chicago531amSunday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

What did you do? I read fries and bamm! ordered the world's best fries and Isar Chicken Burger at the great Deluxe Burgerhaus here in Munich.
The gain of another pound on my hips is on you!

They cut them from real potatoes...
Burger with blue cheese...

Thank you

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ZombieZygote
Haha we thought alike with that post, deserved quoting

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I'll take the fries. You keep the Spotted Dick.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a bunch of snake oil selling theives.

I love that quote, true Americana to me, I just hope your people can take back control and demand the same food standards the rest of the world expects.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Pretty much a conspiracy fact...

It appears they have figured out how to profit off of us buying their poisonous food/water (because of the right to sell us poison)

they then profit off us taking their medications that are designed for us to be on them for life (because Western Medicine is the best!)

and then working us to the age of 65 (going up) right when the body can not handle the toxic food/medicine any longer(they get our pension) and voila you got a great slave society set up... you know with extra steps!

This is without getting into the debt slavery that is on top off all of this!

Sorry I missed this earlier, I agree completely, it so could be a 'plan'
I'm not bashing the US either, I'm genuinely gutted for my people over the Atlantic who are being offered # food and not even given a label to help them choose.
I know people go on about the nanny state here but # me I'd rather the nanny give me a label and a choice than not.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: Christosterone
Here’s a thought:
I go to McD's quite often, was there earlier which inspired this thread.
It is always choice, but you seem to be defending additives and chemicals which are banned in food for 500+ million people yet approved for Americans. Strange.

Sorry if our love of McDonald’s triggers you and your ilk..

-Chris

Who is triggered? Not me, I'm making social commentary on the # food the US government allows for sale to it's citizens while the rest of the developed world says "Urm no, it's not cool to sell that as food".
Butt hurt much? lol

The government gets no say in what I care to eat. If they want to recommend, that's fine.

People are capable of making their own choices without big brother.

That said, MD is crap. I like some things there, but have the sense to realize it's not healthy to make a habit of it.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I'll take the fries. You keep the Spotted Dick.

Lol, non-GMO dick though, and free of dangerous additives.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

You come from the nation that gave the world "Jellied Eels".

So there.

/thread

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
The government gets no say in what I care to eat. If they want to recommend, that's fine.

I'm quite pleased that the UK government enforces food standards and ingredients. How the # would I know if purchased food had dodgy ingredients in without relying on enforcement by government to reduce the chances?
Oh and you can go on about growing your own food etc but it ain't an option for me so mine is mostly purchased.
...but purchased food products in the UK are much more restricted than in the US, heck, loads of stuff you can't import here...I wonder why.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You come from the nation that gave the world "Jellied Eels".

So there.

/thread

Lol! I've never eaten one, refused as a kid, and avoided as an adult.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

All thoughts welcome although butt hurt emotional responses...

I searched for "butt hurt" and McDonalds and found the McDonalds Sriracha 1/ pounder

I may go try that one for lunch... thanks!

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

That looks well tasty!
US menu though, probably taste crap in the UK once they remove the additive chemicals.

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: Mach2

I'm quite pleased that the UK government enforces food standards and ingredients. How the # would I know if purchased food had dodgy ingredients in without relying on enforcement by government to reduce the chances?
Oh and you can go on about growing your own food etc but it ain't an option for me so mine is mostly purchased.
...but purchased food products in the UK are much more restricted than in the US, heck, loads of stuff you can't import here...I wonder why.

Well, here in the US, we have these places called supermarkets, where you can purchase uncooked vegetables, fruit, and all kinds of uncooked things if you want. Its also much cheaper than prepackaged, preservative laden, stuff.

Are you telling me you don't have such places, or are you just to lazy?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join