It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing me softly with his fries...killing me softly...with his fries...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Here you go:
2 second search
UK fries...

Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Sunflower, Rapeseed), Dextrose (only added at beginning of the potato season). Prepared in the restaurants using a non-hydrogenated vegetable oil. Salt is added after cooking.

US Fries...

Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [Wheat and Milk Derivatives]*, Citric Acid [Preservative]), Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (Maintain Color), Salt. Prepared in Vegetable Oil: Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil with TBHQ and Citric Acid added to preserve freshness. Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent. CONTAINS: WHEAT AND MILK *Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk as starting ingredients.

So why do you think McD's add so much to their US fries? It obviously costs more to produce compared to UK fries when adding extra chemicals so I can only imagine it is to increase the addictive element of the product.
The conspiracy to me is the wider issue of the US government approving products for food which the rest of the developed world bans. Does that not worry you at all?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

White bread is the biggest culprit and should be banned

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It's not the substance that makes something toxic, it's the quantity. A vast amount of potassium, from the potatoes, in the water could be dangerous to the health of the fish. Then you get into when the potatoes settle on the bottom and what happens to them? They cause algae growth, sometimes toxic algae. They banned corn usage for fishing in many lakes and rivers because of this.

Too much of anything is toxic.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I'm reading this thread while doing a mobile order for a free breakfast sandwhich with the purchase of a Med McCafe.

I got the Americano and a Steak, Egg and Cheese bagel.

So damn good.

Hahhah
Those bastards are killing us alright but as you say it tastes so damn good. Large cheese quarter pounder meal fries and coke followed by an apple pie beats any bull# snob twat food out there

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

From your source:

Ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [Wheat and Milk Derivatives]*, Citric Acid [Preservative]), Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (Maintain Color), Salt.

Potatoes -duh
Vegetable oil -duh
Soybean oil -duh
Beef flavor -ok
Citric acid -ok
dextrose -this is natural sugar
sodium AP -this is baking powder
Salt -duh

Where's the terrible unhealthy part of this? So the UK doesn't put sugar and baking powder on their fries. How healthy of them.
edit on 7-5-2018 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyperboles

Why is white bread the culprit?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyperboles

Lol I love my white bread, anything in moderation I say, I'm physically active and slim build, just don't take in more energy than you use, pretty simple to be honest.
I just got back from McD's, had a chicken nugget happy meal with orange juice. Gave the toy to some young father I saw with his son a couple of tables across.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Urm, the Hydrogenated oil is a good start, I imagine it's why McD's don't use it in the UK because they know the market won't accept it.
...and one has to ask why they don't add all the stuff they do in the US here in the UK? If it's so safe and healthy why not?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

They should do the breakfast menu all day...double sausage n egg muffin every time.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Oh, the UK still believes the "good/bad" cholesterol myth?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Are you a sales rep for McD's?

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

and one has to ask why they don't add all the stuff they do in the US here in the UK? If it's so safe and healthy why not?

Our tastes are different. Coke has something like 200 different recipe's for different businesses and countries.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
You of course missed the post about a certain US weedkiller traces found in certain US products. AAAnd one happens to be a certain brand of cornflakes that you have probably eaten for breakfast. Just because there's that bit of water between us does not mean that we don't get to taste some "proper" American stuff.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

and one has to ask why they don't add all the stuff they do in the US here in the UK? If it's so safe and healthy why not?

Our tastes are different. Coke has something like 200 different recipe's for different businesses and countries.

Ah gotcha, okay thanks for clearing that up then. Always good to have an expert on multinational foods and corporate choices.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Nope, I hate mcdonalds. It's disgusting. I just don't like these types of attacks on food/restaurants. They're illogical and what good do they do? The worst thing in mcdonalds fries is that they're cooked in oil and excessively salted. That's more dangerous to your health than any trace amount ingredient they use for coloring/preservation/etc.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
You of course missed the post about a certain US weedkiller traces found in certain US products. AAAnd one happens to be a certain brand of cornflakes that you have probably eaten for breakfast. Just because there's that bit of water between us does not mean that we don't get to taste some "proper" American stuff.

I was aware, it sneaks in through certain products.
It seems #ty US foodstuffs are getting harder to avoid by the year.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

#in love the place. Told het in doors she ever marry us it's a maccies for the big day

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Nope, I hate mcdonalds. It's disgusting. I just don't like these types of attacks on food/restaurants. They're illogical and what good do they do? The worst thing in mcdonalds fries is that they're cooked in oil and excessively salted. That's more dangerous to your health than any trace amount ingredient they use for coloring/preservation/etc.

You #ing wimp. Get down to your nearest Maccies and order everything you can get on a tray and stop worrying about yur health you big girls blouse

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Did you not notice the wider message of my OP regarding # that is sold as food in the US but banned in the rest of the developed world? Fine, you defend the extra additives in McD's fries, so challenge the rest of the OP.
I see a conspiracy of government knowingly allowing crap to be sold to its citizens, but defend it if you wish.

posted on May, 7 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

PMSL!
I prefer KFC to be honest just Mackies is a shorter walk away.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join