It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh you guys are gonna have a field day. Cohen was wiretapped!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Here is what liberal law professor Dershowitz had to say about tthis.

Thursday on MSNBC, Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz stated that President Donald Trump’s longtime personal lawyer Michael Cohen being wiretapped by federal investigators meant America was “moving closer and closer to the surveillance state.”

Dershowitz said, “I think we are moving closer and closer to the surveillance state where phone calls are tapped, where emails are secured without a real basis. I think prosecutors should not be seeking wiretaps on lawyers’ offices and search warrants and subpoenas for lawyers’ email files unless they have very substantial evidence of very serious crimes—campaign contributions don’t qualify for the kind of crime that should justify the wiretapping of a lawyer. Remember that when you wiretap a lawyer, you are wiretapping his clients and you wiretapping conversations between a lawyer and the client and you are searching for emails. Where is the American Civil Liberties Union on this? Where are civil libertarians? We live in such a partisan atmosphere, get Trump at any cost that we are prepared to give up our basic civil liberties in exchange for getting Trump.”

He continued, “These rules are only as good as the people who enforce them and only as good as the motives of the people who are behind them. And I have to tell you. I do not trust the government. I do not trust judges. I do not trust prosecutors when they are zealously seeking to go after a particular target, in this case, Donald Trump. Nobody would have been going after Michael Cohen if he weren’t Donald Trump’s lawyer. That’s the reality. People don’t investigate campaign contribution lapses or campaign law violations generally about people who aren’t in the public life. And I just worry that when you have somebody with a target on his or her back, whether it is Hillary Clinton, who could have been elected and the same thing would have been happening to her, or Donald Trump, that civil libertarians ought to express concern. That’s all I’m doing is expressing concern and distrust of government. I don’t want to live in the surveillance state, and I want to do everything in my power, no matter who the target is, to prevent this from occurring.”

He added, “It is so easy to get a warrant. It is so easy to persuade a judge to give you a wiretap warrant. That simply doesn’t protect American citizens. And any civil libertarian who was exposed to what’s going on here today—if Hillary Clinton were the subject—would be taking exactly the opposite position. There is so much hypocrisy, partisan hypocrisy out there. I don’t mind if conservatives take the view we ought to trust government, or former prosecutors take the view we ought to trust government. My gripe is against civil libertarians, and criminal defense lawyers are always on the side of challenging the government. The ACLU has suddenly lost its way and forgotten what they’ve preached for 50 years because it is Donald Trump they’re after. We’re on the road to losing our civil liberties when you allow our civil liberties to be compromised because you are going after one particular person.”

www.breitbart.com...

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts
Does it occur to anyone here that the DOJ wiretapped Cohen with the express purpose of trying to capture a conversation between the President of the United States and his lawyer.
The "deep state" is nothing but bureaucrats running their departments counter to the direction of the person that was elected President. This is an example of how desperate they are becoming!

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: toysforadults

Unstable people do not become billionaire presidents that solve international crisis

No they don't. You'll let me know if that ever occurs.
In this case by unstable I mean a client who won't take the advice of his counsel.

What , you missed all the latest news by concentrating on tripe that does not matter ?
Catch up , bud...
Drop following the BS

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Bro, how about a trigger warning for that source. Direct quote aside, that's uncalled for.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Wayfarer

and likely the reporter who messed this up is/should get the axe.

I disagree.

People make mistakes. We are all human.

What separates us from one another is how we handle those mistakes and unless the reporter has a history of making these sorts of mistakes, to call for their firing is just too much, in my opinion.

That’s good to hear. So if Trump made a mistake with the Stormy Daniel’s issue, I’m sure you’ll extend to him the same tolerant empathy.

I don't care what Trump did with her. It's none of my business.

I think the world would be a better place if more people learned what is or is not their business.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

Bro, how about a trigger warning for that source. Direct quote aside, that's uncalled for.

Yeah a big quote, but important.

People are cheering for the shredding of civil liberties because they dont like trump, and it will come back to bite them.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bob350

Well said.....I personally could care less what he does or did, before he was president, in his bedroom....this all seems like such a waste of time...jmo

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I honestly don't understand how some see how morally contrived our elected officials are and not extend that potential for our Intel community who work in concert with them.

Setting precedents for infringing on individual freedoms is very troubling indeed. This leads to a scary potential for their future plans imo. To willingly allow the potential for this to be used against you you have to be devout in the belief that you will inevitably regain power and keep it.

As long as they keep hate, err I mean hope alive ay?

edit on 5/3/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/3/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
a reply to: Bob350

Well said.....I personally could care less what he does or did, before he was president, in his bedroom....this all seems like such a waste of time...jmo

The point is obvious that they don't care what happened in his past either...they are only seeking the slightest current audible crumb that they can use to continue this farce of 'justice'.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This never happened. Liberals made up another lie.

thehill.com...
edit on 3 5 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

There is no such thing as intent being important as to whether classified info was improperly handled. That is a LIE from Comey to protect Hillary - there is nothing in the statute about intent. Which is exactly why she is 100% guilty.

We've been over this 100's of times.

Find one legal case to back up your claim.

You wont find it.

First off, I have seen many lawyers say the president cannot obstruct justice by firing a subordinate for any reason - It is in his power to do that regardless of the reason.

They have said that because there is not any precedence to look at. We've also seen lawyers that say we are in uncharted territory, in regards to charging the president with a crime, but that the president is not above the law and can be held accountable if necessary.

I would think that you would agree that no one is above the law.

Second - I am not a lawyer, but if you are correct than there is something very wrong with the legal system. People should not be punished for non crimes.

Obstruction of justice is a crime.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

thehill.com...

True. Hoax bin this nonsense.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Sorry Silly.
SO WHAT'LL IT BE?.....LOL? or HOAX?
Mods...Do your thing!

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Stop posting fake news.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This is like an anti xuenchen post. At least Xue ends with a

Better luck for you in 2024.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Oh Silly....Thank you so VERY very much for YOUR thread.
I just read through it...beginning to end...and savored every moment of it.

Deeeeeeeeeeelicious!

URP!

...excuse me.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Deeeeeeeeeeelicious!

URP!

...excuse me.

A reeeeel bell-ringer

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Deeeeeeeeeeelicious!

URP!

...excuse me.

...and the moral of the story?

...never let the truth get in the way of a self-prescribed dose of confirmation bias sprinkled with magic unicorn facts.

Oh you guys are gonna have a field day

Why yes......yes we are going to have a field day
edit on 4/5/2018 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

thehill.com...

I'm confused. The article you linked has this in it:

NBC originally said that at least one phone call between the White House and a line associated with Cohen was monitored. It has since updated its story to note that one call was logged.

Is that not tacit admission of the correction?

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: Sillyolme

Stop posting fake news.

She would have no post count at all if not for fake news and poltical bait threads.

MOD s hoax bin this thread... not unless you just like what you see truth be damned.

edit on 4-5-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join