It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh you guys are gonna have a field day. Cohen was wiretapped!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I don't know if this revelation has anything to do with the weird approach both trump and Giuliani are taking recently in their about face with the Stormy Daniels mess. Admitting that trump knew and made the payment. I wonder if it has anything to do with something they think was overheard.

Apparently Michael Cohen's phone was wiretapped and at least one call from Cohen to the Whitehouse was intercepted.

Feds tapped Trump lawyer Michael Cohen's phones

Michael Cohen, longtime personal lawyer for President Donald Trump, leaves the U.S. District Court in Manhattan on April 26, 2018.Spencer Platt / Getty Images

Federal investigators have wiretapped the phone lines of Michael Cohen, the longtime personal lawyer for President Donald Trump who is under investigation for a payment he made to an adult film star who alleged she had an affair with Trump, according to two people with knowledge of the legal proceedings involving Cohen.

www.nbcnews.com...

edit on Fri May 4 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
In a recent statement Rudy is pissed. Even though as a prosecutor he used plenty of wire taps now he's opposed to them because he has an unstable client.
Apparently Guiliani suspected as much regarding the possibility of a wire tap and warned trump not to call Cohen in the days following the raid.
edit on 532018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Lordy, there's tape!

Fun fact: they only issue wire taps for current, on-going crimes, not past ones. These people are incredibly stupid.

+23 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Unstable people do not become billionaire presidents that solve international crisis

Your statement totally unverified and false

On topic: more than likely Cohen was speaking to a Trump aide and not tbe president himself
edit on 3-5-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt

This is what is traditionally known as a # show.

+4 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Yeah but it was an illegal wiretap thus inadmissible in court.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Unstable people do not become billionaire presidents that solve international crisis

No they don't. You'll let me know if that ever occurs.
In this case by unstable I mean a client who won't take the advice of his counsel.

+12 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Meh...it says right in the article that Cohen called the White House one time. Not enough info on who he actually spoke to nor why he had contacted the White house. Basically, leaves it wide open for media spin only. I really don't see Trump being worried.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Both have occured.

+3 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I hope all Republicans or those with an axe to grind with the DNC are taking notes.

All is fair in love and war.

+22 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Make no mistake about it, I don't like much of anything about Trump.

However, I have to ask: What does the Donald Trump, Stormy Daniels, and Michael Cohen situation have to do with Russian election meddling and Trump campaign collusion? That's where the Mueller investigation started.

To me it looks like all of these special investigations, including the Clinton Whitewater investigation back in the 90's, suffer from scope creep. The special prosecutor starts with a narrowly defined mandate and turns it into a broad trawling operation in search of skeletons in every closet they can find.

JMHO

-dex

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley

However, I have to ask: What does the Donald Trump, Stormy Daniels, and Michael Cohen situation have to do with Russian election meddling and Trump campaign collusion? That's where the Mueller investigation started.

To me it looks like all of these special investigations, including the Clinton Whitewater investigation back in the 90's, suffer from scope creep. The special prosecutor starts with a narrowly defined mandate and turns it into a broad trawling operation in search of skeletons in every closet they can find.

JMHO

-dex

If I am not mistaken, the Cohen issue was referred to the NY state offices for further investigation. This is no longer in Mueller's hands.

+30 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is what the dems want right?

Wiretap everyone connected to trump.

Maybe Hillary paid for another dossier to get the tap on Cohen.

No problem though, right?

I guess when Trump starts ordering wiretaps of everyone one of his political opponents, the anti trumpers will be just fine with that.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yes I'm sure it was all underhanded and done by breaking every law applicable to surveillance and was paid for by money that Hillary got by selling baby kitten skins to the Berman brothers. In Russia...

+1 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yes I'm sure it was all underhanded and done by breaking every law applicable to surveillance and was paid for by money that Hillary got by selling baby kitten skins to the Berman brothers. In Russia...

Apparently Hillary is the best scapegoat people can think of. Never mind that we should be held responsible for our own actions and Trump and friends are the ones that have put themselves in this position.

It's become reasonable to blame others....because Hillary.

+12 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley

JMHO

-dex

It has nothing to do with russia.

remember Schumer proudly announcing that the intel community has ways of getting back at people, and so trump shouldnt criticize them.

That is what we are seeing.

Can you imagine had multiple people in the Obama admin have been wiretapped?

The intel community has decided along with their establishment friends in both parties that they dont want anyone not in their club, and so they will do whatever is possible to take down trump, or bernie, or jill stein, etc.

The Mueller investigation is going nowhere, so time to jump on the next train and just wiretap anyone connected to trump to find any possible crime.

Truly an orwellian nightmare that has been cheered on by trump haters.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
According to MSNBC the wiretap was initiated by the Fed's in NY not Robert Mueller. The tap may have been in place for weeks before the raid and also confirms that this was a current crime.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Now you've got it. Just getting it in there before the rush to defense.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I know. My post was tongue in cheek.

+12 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I just have one question:

Can Republicans do all of these horrible, criminal things to Democrats next cycle?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join