It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Saw Infinity War!! (Spoilers!!!)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Damn.....

I mean Damn..

They just went buck wild and crazy.. I put a spoiler warning in the title but I am still lots to spoil it.

I was a spectacul and just a huge project, but I think the went too far in the finale.. they went SOOOO BIG that it’s obvious that they will not keep it the way it ends.

Which I think was a mistake..

See if you kill people or so many people, that it is impossible not to undo those deaths. It kinda defeats the purpose and removes the stakes you are pretending to raise...

Basically all those deaths are meaningless.... deaths only matter if people believe the character will stay dead..

Well it is a mathematical impossiblity for all those people to stay dead.. it would be a marketing disaster..

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I just saw it too.

**********SPOILER ALERT*************************

Knowing that everyone who died is coming back weakens the emotional impact. Though Peter's death was still pretty sad.

It looks like Captain Marvel will be the Deus Ex Machina of part 4.

i hope the Captain Marvel movie goes big.

definitely needs a second viewing.
edit on 27-4-2018 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I was hoping they would keep a little flavor of Infinity Gauntlet. Hell, Thanos killed HALF OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE by snapping his fingers! Heroes included. Did we know they'd come back? Well, yeah. That's back when the only people that stayed dead were Bucky Barnes, Uncle Ben, and Captain Marvel. Maybe Gwen Stacey.
edit on 27-4-2018 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Saw it tonight. Thought it was good. Lots of surprises. The Red Skull? But where was his German accent? Hulk got his ass kicked by Thanos. I agree about death not being a big deal if they always come back somehow.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I knew i'd have my day.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Nobody's dead yet.
You'll see In the sequel....

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Reviving popular and beloved cash cow characters is how it’s always been in comics. Nobody worth a damn ever stays dead. Not a huge thing to gripe on if you already know and accept this. Bottom line you just don’t permanently bury popular characters and even the lesser characters he brought back from time to time. It’s just the nature of a fictional universe full of individuals with all kinds of crazy magical powers and abilities.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

The reason you kill people in fiction is to cause an emotional response. That emotional response is predicated in death being final.

Of course it is fictional so death doesn’t have to be final, but you need your audience to think it is in the moment it happens or you have pooped all over the emotional pull of killing someone off in the first place.

For example Loki in the beginning...

His death mattered.. it was sad and meta wise, it is realistic to consider they might kill him off. Maybe Tom is tired of playing Loki..

So when you see it there is a legit chance this is the last time we ever see Loki..

However with the plethora at the end there is no chance ANYONE stays dead now..

Loki’s death was even negated by the end.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

But if they don’t kill spidy , quill and black panther the audience doesn’t know they won’t stay dead..

Imho opinion the second black panther died it took all the stakes away.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Im gonna spoil the entire series. Thanos gets his butt kicked in the second part and all who have died are returned to life somehow. I read the original comic story. there are slight diffs,but thats due to putting them on screen.
Its liek asking how TITANIC is going to end.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Usually for these type events they do trade a main character.. just not THE main character.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I am not looking.....will be seeing it Sunday....shooshhhh

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm seeing it tonight.

Will give my own opinion and rundown afterwards.

*giggles*

I am sooo excited!

Didn't read the thread so lalalala no spoilers!

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'll see it when Netflix sends me the DVD. Pretty much burned out on the superhero thing.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Im gonna spoil the entire series. Thanos gets his butt kicked in the second part and all who have died are returned to life somehow. I read the original comic story. there are slight diffs,but thats due to putting them on screen.
Its liek asking how TITANIC is going to end.

True. But perhaps it’s the journey that matters, the “how” of the story. We know the One Ring is going to end up in the volcano, but the point is how it gets there, how the story is told.

I liked the movie. It almost felt like it went by so fast there wasn’t time to be shocked or worried about people dying.

It’s going to be interesting how they go on.

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Alright.

I saw the movie.

I would highly recommend it. If you haven't seen any or all of the Marvel Universe films, you might not get it, but for those who enjoy the Marvel series of films, it is worth seeing.

Some classic lines, great one-liners, action all throughout.

It was 160 minutes long and my butt fell asleep in the chair because I didn't move once.

I give it a 9.3 out of 10 only because Vision seemed a little wimpy in it, but there was the whole "booty call" thing going on so I'll forgive him that I guess. Women do have that effect on the menfolk sometimes.

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I loved it.. but once spidy and black panther died I knew it was all meaningless...

I understand they were trying to be bold, but I just think it destroyed any chance the snap will not be unsnapped lol

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Agreed. With the highest grossing Black Panther movie, they will most definitely “unsnap the snap.” And Spidey can’t go down like that, not to mention the entire Guardians of the Galaxy crew save the rascally “rabbit” (hilarious)... So it remains to be seen how they do it without opening a giant can of velveeta.

Wakanda Forever!!

(Loki is immortal. He went down way too easily methinks. The god of Mischief May have other tricks to play.)

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Well if we are being honest the infinity gauntlet is inherently velveeta lol..

I didn’t really like the change in thanos’s motivation until I got home and thought about it..

Now I like it better than “to win the favor or mistress death”.

So thanks shows up and conquers a planet on the verge of overpopulation. Wars over resources are rampant and the majority of the population is living in squalor.. He kills off half the population and when he leaves the wars stop because they unite against a common enemy (thanks) and resources are abundant because the planets inferstructure is built for twice The number it now has to service.

Which leaves a Utopia behind in his wake..

posted on Apr, 28 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

They are trying to give evil some nuance. It’s scarier, I think, to have such evil presented as a “greater good.”

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join