It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Saw Infinity War!! (Spoilers!!!)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's funny just a couple days into the movie and guess who is trending on yahoo. Brie Larson (Captain Marvel)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

In the comics thats what basically happens, everything is rest 24 hours, after the finger snap. But I for some reason think that Loki is truly dead.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Yea that is the big question imho...

Do they bring back everyone or just those who got snapped???

All those who died presnap , are fairly expendable meta wise..

Saldana gets plenty of movies and so does hidelson..so I think it could go either way.

It took me out of the movie some when they killed BP and spidy just because you knew instantly it was BS.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Absolutely .. I really liked that aspect and think it explains why he didn’t use the time stone against thanos.

Strange knew the only way they win is if it plays out like it did.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Dr. Strange and Logan, are my favorite hero’s. Infinity war was a great movie. Can’t wait for next summer.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
Saw it tonight. Thought it was good. Lots of surprises. The Red Skull? But where was his German accent? Hulk got his ass kicked by Thanos. I agree about death not being a big deal if they always come back somehow.

Haven't seen it yet....but, I've noticed in the last few years, that timelines and parallel dimensions and such, provide almost unlimited opportunities to come back into the story line. Altered Carbon is a good one...

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Knowing that everyone who died is coming back weakens the emotional impact. Though Peter's death was still pretty sad.

It looks like Captain Marvel will be the Deus Ex Machina of part 4.

i hope the Captain Marvel movie goes big.

Exactly. My own theories:

Personally, I think Strange put a contingency spell on the time stone, so that when Thanos snapped his fingers, it actually teleported folks through space and/or time, someplace else. From a narrative point of view, it's a good way to avoid "cheapening" the "deaths". It also allows Strange to then be around to monkey around with time (we already know from his own movie, that he doesn't need the time stone to do this, but a forbidden spell).

We know Strange saw at least ONE possible way to victory, so it follows every step he took was along that path, including giving up the stone. It's also why he told Tony that he would choose the stone over him previously...so that Tony would know, when he did the opposite, that it was part of his plan. This illustrates that at the time of the conversation, Strange already knew what was coming. (the Cauldron of the Cosmos may play into it also)

Also, there's something up with Stark. He was previously messing with some kind of tech to remember things more clearly, including dreams, and he mentioned several times he dreamt of all this, and Thanos. Thanos also knew Tony, indicating a bit more there as well. Captain Marvel may be the Deus ex Machina as you put it, but I think Tony is actually the key to Thanos' ultimate defeat.

Will be interesting to see.

Can't believe they did this though, just from a marketing perspective. For one, this is going to really mess up some little kid fans. For another, this is going to be hard on merch sales, as no kid wants an Ashboy or Ashgirl t-shirt, shoes, lunchbox, etc.

I also think Strange's conversation with Thanos was pretty telling. "So then what?" perhaps being the most important part of it.

As for Loki, he doesn't die easily. Nor is he stupid enough to try a lone sneak attack on Thanos. He's a survivor, and a trickster. No doubt it wasn't him that Thanos killed. It was an Asgaardian meat puppet he disguised to look like him, who he then animated to pull that trick. Meanwhile, he stayed out of sight and played puppet master.

Hemdall is really dead though, no doubts there. I'd have to watch it again a couple times, but he's really the only one I could say is really gone. Just because that would be BEFORE any temporal correction. Gammora could still be a goner though too, just because this too, may be before the correction. Vision too, is likely dead, but I have a feeling the Wakanda gal made a backup of him, and we'll see a new android form of Vision (sans infinity stone) return.

edit on 30-4-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

I knew i'd have my day.

hulk will have his day too.
grrrrrrr!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Nobody's dead yet.
You'll see In the sequel....

Yeah.

Dr. Strange time jumped more or less and said there was only one way out of the 14 million etc possible outcomes.

And just before Dr Strange blinked out of existence. He turned to tony and said it was the only way.

edit on 30-4-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
Loki’s death was even negated by the end.

i hope you're right. i'm glad it was a good death, though. good arc. they finally started getting him right.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Since so many of the heros and heroines 'died', and the rumors of Captain Marvel being in Avengers 4.

Whatever the plot line.

To borrow a phrase from the The Mummy.

Death is only the beginning.

I expected more from Infinity wars. Comedy routines,and the Avengers crew getting their buts kicked/killed off.

Some of the actors contracts may be up, but they still want to make money off their franchises.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
And really.

The Hulk turned in to a wuss?

I'm always angry turned in to I so scared of Thanos and turned in to a turtle hiding in his shell.

What the eff ever.

edit on 1-5-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

The comics already have an answer to the ending.
Cosmic Cube

More on the Cubes.

A Cube will eventually develop its own intelligence, commonly influenced by the beings who had manipulated it. Mephisto has postulated that the Cubes are hosts to a semi-sentient will and that, even in Cube form, they can choose how they want to be used and to deny certain wishes. Mephisto also has proposed that a billion-sentient universally-linked wills could overcome this problem and that the Cubes could be as powerful as the Infinity Gems.

edit on 1-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Its not exactly following the comics though, nor should it...different medium. By the way....Gammoras road back, I almost missed. She has a link to the soulstone. This wasnt just a casual mention...

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

If this is the answer they go with then it wouldn't be following the comics either. Thanos' experience with a cosmic cube was independent of his experience with the Infinity Stones. I'm just making a point that there are other super powerful artifacts (McGuffins) in the Marvel universe they can use to undo most to all of the damage done at the end of the movie.

PS: Apparently Hulk getting beaten so badly by Thanos/his minions that he doesn't want to come out has precedence in the comics too.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Finally?!?!

Loki has been killing it since day one lol..

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The tessaract is the cosmic cube lol.. atleast in the movie . It’s the mind stone.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: fiverx313

Finally?!?!

Loki has been killing it since day one lol..

oh no, definitely... he's my favorite character. i just think the motivation in avengers was kind of thin, and the writing in the dark world was kinda womp womp, altho hiddleston made it work anyhow. i've just enjoyed this arc from ragnarok and was afraid they'd undercut it in avengers. it's nice to see a fully developed journey for a character like that.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

There are more than one Cosmic Cubes out there.
edit on 1-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
At least Thor got his eye back.

Even though it came out of a raccoons rear.

THE STRONGEST AVENGER!

Survives the cold of space.

Survives a neutron star.

And kicks names and takes snip.

edit on 1-5-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join