It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Saw Infinity War!! (Spoilers!!!)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

In the comics...

in the movie they established that it took an infinity stone to power the tesseract. Well obviously all the infinity stones are accounted for. So they would kinda have to break that rule to have more cosmic cubes pop up.

There are so many other options available I just don’t see how that would be worth it and would likely be confusing to the mainstream.

I’m betting they follow the OG comic loosely of course..

Nebula steals it and everyone freaks out because atleast she isn’t even remotely powerful or stable enough to control it. So thanos helps them retrieve it from her.

Then Adam warlock, ms marvel and co. Get it back with Adam having it in the end.

I GUARANTEE THEY WILL DO THE THUNK WHERE it is revealed thanos internally knows he is not worthy of Godhood... (big G godhood). So he unknowingly leaves the way for him to fall.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I'm betting you're spot on, on all counts here.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

In the comics...

in the movie they established that it took an infinity stone to power the tesseract. Well obviously all the infinity stones are accounted for. So they would kinda have to break that rule to have more cosmic cubes pop up.

They can break any rule they want to. Comics have a tendency to do that and I see no reason why movies based on comics can't operate similarly. The Skrulls and the Kree have both wielded Cosmic Cubes. How much you want to bet that the upcoming Captain Marvel movie is about the Skrull/Kree war from the comics?

There are so many other options available I just don’t see how that would be worth it and would likely be confusing to the mainstream.

Not if they set it up in the Captain Marvel movie beforehand.

I’m betting they follow the OG comic loosely of course..

Impossible. The first movie is an amalgamation of several times through Marvel Comics that Thanos has sought the Infinity Stones. For one, the time he actually succeeded in destroying half the Marvel universe, it remained permanent.

Nebula steals it and everyone freaks out because atleast she isn’t even remotely powerful or stable enough to control it. So thanos helps them retrieve it from her.

Then Adam warlock, ms marvel and co. Get it back with Adam having it in the end.

Maybe. My idea is just a theory anyways. I still prefer it over this idea though. For one, none of those characters have been introduced in the movies yet.

I GUARANTEE THEY WILL DO THE THUNK WHERE it is revealed thanos internally knows he is not worthy of Godhood... (big G godhood). So he unknowingly leaves the way for him to fall.

This seems unlikely. For one, Thanos was never looking to be a god. He was looking to bring balance to the universe by killing half the universe then watching the sun rise. He accomplished both of those by the end of the first IW movie.
edit on 1-5-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
In the Captain Marvel trailer.

We see Stark, and Steve, and Bruce meet her.

Don't know if it's before or after Infinity.

So we will see Captian Marvel before we'll see the conclusion to the Infinity War next year.

After reading some articles.

I completely missed Fury at the closing.
edit on 1-5-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

A) The comics can break any rule they want to.. the movies are meant for the masses and are FAR too profitable for them to risk ruining it by breaking the rules the movie universe has set..

As exibit A I would put forth the fact that they haven’t broken any movie rules yet and it has been like 200 movies lol..

I think they are really going out of their way to keep the movie cannon free of things that don’t make sense in the universe it is set in.

B) they absolutely do the Kree/Skrull war.. prob atleast set it up in ms marvel.

However I think the next avengers movie will be “avengers disassembled” then “house of M “ but without the X-men.

Avengers 5: A bunch of crazyness attacks the avengers. They find out it was Scarlett witch breaking reality and she has spontaneously manifested twins of hers and vision’s. (Maybe with the reality stoneas someone else mentioned.. hadn’t thought of it, but I like it).

They all go to stop her and the second they are about to reality BREAKS totally.

Avengers 6: the movie opens and the world is perfect. Cap runs shield, asguard is returned, rhode can walk, Tony’s parents are still alive. But they figure out it is fake and have to kill Scarlett witch.

C) I’m guessing you missed the “loosely “ lol..

D) call him a god, call him the great balancer.. it’s all the same.

Thanos internally always knows he isn’t worthy and will leave the backdoor that allows him to fall. He is omnipotent with all 6 stones.. AKA he is literally unbeatable unless he lets you win.

I PROMISE you they will have that part.. it is the coolest emotional revelation in that TPB. It is maybe what made Thanos the deep character he became.

He isn’t the bad guy, he is just playing the long game, and by the end thanos will realize it was never his place to decide for everyone else in the first place.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It and antman2 will be the only 2 movies befor the “unsnap” in avengers 4.

So it’s a pretty safe bet it’s suing the snap.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

May 3rd for Avengers 4

May 6th for Captain Marvel.

According to google.

I should have looked that up sooner.

Wouldn't make sense to introduce CM in Avengers 4 then have her own movie after ??

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

A) The comics can break any rule they want to.. the movies are meant for the masses and are FAR too profitable for them to risk ruining it by breaking the rules the movie universe has set..

As exibit A I would put forth the fact that they haven’t broken any movie rules yet and it has been like 200 movies lol..

I think they are really going out of their way to keep the movie cannon free of things that don’t make sense in the universe it is set in.

Movies introduce plot hole solving McGuffins ALL the time. I fail to see what your point is here. They could literally make a movie tomorrow that introduced these things and it would work.

B) they absolutely do the Kree/Skrull war.. prob atleast set it up in ms marvel.

Then it is feasible either of these races have invented another Cosmic Cube.

However I think the next avengers movie will be “avengers disassembled” then “house of M “ but without the X-men.

Avengers 5: A bunch of crazyness attacks the avengers. They find out it was Scarlett witch breaking reality and she has spontaneously manifested twins of hers and vision’s. (Maybe with the reality stoneas someone else mentioned.. hadn’t thought of it, but I like it).

They all go to stop her and the second they are about to reality BREAKS totally.

Avengers 6: the movie opens and the world is perfect. Cap runs shield, asguard is returned, rhode can walk, Tony’s parents are still alive. But they figure out it is fake and have to kill Scarlett witch.

That's too much speculation into the future for me. I'm not going to touch this one.

C) I’m guessing you missed the “loosely “ lol..

I didn't.

D) call him a god, call him the great balancer.. it’s all the same.

Thanos internally always knows he isn’t worthy and will leave the backdoor that allows him to fall. He is omnipotent with all 6 stones.. AKA he is literally unbeatable unless he lets you win.

Fall from what? He already accomplished his goals.

I PROMISE you they will have that part.. it is the coolest emotional revelation in that TPB. It is maybe what made Thanos the deep character he became.

He isn’t the bad guy, he is just playing the long game, and by the end thanos will realize it was never his place to decide for everyone else in the first place.

I would be MASSIVELY disappointed in that ending versus the one I said. Just because Thanos has already gone through with his deed. Furthermore, it looks like the Infinity Gauntlet was wrecked by the clash between Thor and Thanos then him snapping his fingers. If I were to guess, I'd wager that the Gauntlet is now unusable to even restore all those dead people anyways.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

May 3rd for Avengers 4

May 6th for Captain Marvel.

According to google.

I should have looked that up sooner.

Wouldn't make sense to introduce CM in Avengers 4 then have her own movie after ??

Where did you get that schedule from? This schedule says that Captain Marvel comes out March 8 and Avengers 4 comes out May 3.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I still think Strange only "appeared" to fade out from existence. I'm betting we see him arrive in the Captain Marvel movie (maybe even just in the credits).

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Or Thanos is already dead and trapped by the soul stone.

The cost of using it.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Aveng ers 4 release date

Cap tain Marvel release date

Why the eff does everything have to be an argument on here.

Misread big effing deal.

edit on 1-5-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
A) it could be that he will realize he is not worthy of continued godhood. The gauntlet makes him a capital letter G, God. Thor is a lower case g , God. He is literally and still omnipresent and omnipotent with the glove.

B) his deed will get undone we all agree.. so there will be a point where his goal is not complete... again. Lol

The revelation “I’m not worthy “ reference could come a Plethera of ways.

Maybe he leaves the back door for them going back in time 24 hours. Then his goal is not yet complete.

He could leave the door open to lose the glove and cap or nebula unsnap it..

He might even be persuaded and unsnap it himself (which would blow).

There is no question they don’t use it . It is a thanos trope.

C) I don’t know why you are so cosmic cube happy lol. I don’t even find the cosmic cubes particularly interesting lol..

In the movie universe they just used the cosmic cube as an Easter egg to hide the stone in.

Like you said there are plenty of mcguffins in marvel. There is no need to recycle the cube.

ACK MAYBE INTRODUCE THE FF AND HAVE REED BUILD THE ULTIMATE NULLIFIED!!!

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

GOOD CALL!!

Though I would say it was from the axe in the chest lol.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Actually, I'm rethinking something here. I forgot about the Ant Man and Wasp movie. The PIM tech that makes Ant Man possible, also has dimensional/time travel possibilities, so this is how they do it, NOT Dr. Strange. If this is the case, then yes, Dr. Strange didn't pull a trick, he simply knew this was the only way.

So, we know Captain Marvel has to fit in. If this is so, where was she all this time? My guess, she was off planet, dealing with whatever will be in her movie.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I don’t know if they will use anyman to time travel, but I agree 1000% that strange didn’t pull a trick.

He saw the one possibility to win required for them to lose at first. No trick necessary..

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Mentioned only in passing in both Doctor Strange and The Ant-Man films, the Quantum Realm could allow characters to travel through time and stop Thanos from ever collecting the stones

Captain!

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Interesting. More and more, I'm thinking this is going to be the solution. But, I can't see her going alone. I think she'll round up the others and be the defacto leader in the next film. Will be interesting to see interplay between her and Tony.

I'd still like to think Strange is around though...

I'm still betting on my Loki trick theory....it's just too him....(and unlike him to do what we saw in the film)....

Gammora's salvation is entwined with the soulstone.

I think Vision will be back, somewhat, restored from a backup while in Wakanda. But sans soul stone, he'll be powerless, except for whatever tech abilities his new body will have.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I don't know.

Gonna be a long,long wait.

Two Captains makes it confusing.

I am thinking Rogers is a goner.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Man I know the toy line included vision but with a blue stone..

I bet that is “proof” he will be resurrected with different forehead jewelry.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join