It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge rules New York City bar can refuse service to Trump supporter wearing MAGA hat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
TheJesuit

Oh, suck it up snowflake. Stop being so triggered. Don't act like a soy boy. Why so beta?

You have to come to terms with the fact that not everyone likes your ilk, Trump supporters, that is and if you vociferously proclaim your political ideologies in a public setting the owner of the venue in which you are doing so has every right to turn you out. It's just the way things are.

Hell, working as a clerk at a gas station, I had the right to turn away anyone I deemed to intoxicated to responsibly buy alcohol with literally no proof at all. And I did it on several occasions, based solely on nothing more than the t-shirts the customer wore or the bumper stickers I seen on their car, or indeed if they wore a Redhat. It was hilarious.

Wow, thanks for letting us know the type of person you are. You should see someone for all that hate you harbor inside or maybe just a little maturity would help.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Middleoftheroad

Oh, I'm so ashamed of myself. I literally worship Eris, goddess of chaos. Do you think I give a rat's ass about your frail wittle ego? Ha!

To be fair, they were usually too drunk to buy beer anyway.

edit on Cam8Thursday1820183230Thu, 26 Apr 2018 08:18:32 -05002018 by CagliostroTheGreat because: Bloodless Cattle Mutilations

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Maybe the leftists who side with the bar owner can set up separate drinking fountains for people who don't think like them.

I play the ATS "leftist" drinking game.

Every time it's said, I take a shot.

I'm so drunk.

That explains a lot.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I remember the thread here about the tow truck driver....
I am wondering, just how many people who were saying basically the same thing as the liberals are here, that basically if you don't like it, the only thing you can do is boycott the bar, are now having a fit over some poor poor guy... who it appears was served, to the tune of over a hundred dollars, was refused service based on his hat!!

what, it's okay to leave a disable women on the side of the highway in a disabled car far from home because of her bumper sticker gives you the impression that she leans left, but not okay to refuse to serve a guy a beer in a city full of taxis not to mention a subways system, with probably another bar just down the street a block or two because his hat seems to indicate he supports trump??

whine away little self entitled snowflakes, you will get as much sympathy from me as you would give the disabled lady sitting in her car for hours needlessly!! what's good for the goose is good for the gander! what goes around comes around! if you're the good little christians you are professing to be then we can only assume that you are treating others as you would like to be treated yourself, so well, guess this is how you want to be treated, right???

edit on 26-4-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Judge rules New York City bar can refuse service to Trump supporter wearing MAGA hat

Sounds right to me. Owners and proprietors have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason... as evidence by the fact that they can... all by their lonesome. And it requires force by others to make them do otherwise.

I don't care if it's a bar refusing service for someone's political ideology or a baker refusing to bake a cake for someone's wedding.

In the interest of full disclosure and fair advertising, I wouldn't have a problem with requiring businesses to clearly and publicly state who they refuse to serve. After all, if you won't serve my Trump supporting friend, I have the right to choose to go elsewhere... if you won't make a cake for my friend's gay wedding, I have the right to go elsewhere for a birthday cake for my daughter...

And if you are a corporation receiving special privileges and entitlements from the taxpayers, then by all means you should be required to serve ANYONE AND EVERYONE. Because that's how it works. Individuals can discriminate for the best or the worst reasons... government -- and those getting special treatment from government -- have to serve every citizen equally.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
with probably another bar just down the street a block or two because his hat seems to indicate he supports trump??

Heh. With the way city bar districts are setup these days, I imagine there is another bar literally next door to that one.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It seems you do care about my ego since you’re the only one talking about it. Here have another one, it’s one me.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Middleoftheroad

I don't drink but thanks.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I remember the thread here about the tow truck driver....
I am wondering, just how many people who were saying basically the same thing as the liberals are here, that basically if you don't like it, the only thing you can do is boycott the bar, are now having a fit over some poor poor guy... who it appears was served, to the tune of over a hundred dollars, was refused service based on his hat!!

what, it's okay to leave a disable women on the side of the highway in a disabled car far from home because of her bumper sticker gives you the impression that she leans left, but not okay to refuse to serve a guy a beer in a city full of taxis not to mention a subways system, with probably another bar just down the street a block or two because his hat seems to indicate he supports trump??

whine away little self entitled snowflakes, you will get as much sympathy from me as you would give the disabled lady sitting in her car for hours needlessly!! what's good for the goose is good for the gander! what goes around comes around! if you're the good little christians you are professing to be then we can only assume that you are treating others as you would like to be treated yourself, so well, guess this is how you want to be treated, right???

I don’t recall the thread, but I’d never be able to leave a disabled elderly person stranded. My stance is denying service over feelings is a bad business model. Both left and right have the same color money and the country is literally split right down the middle. I’d rather advertise and sell my product to 300 million people rather than 150 million people if you know what I mean.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
If I was weak, privileged, morally corrupt, had long lost my ethics to the winds of political tribalism, and believed everything the media told me, I’d discriminate against Trump supporters too.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
If I was weak, privileged, morally corrupt, had long lost my ethics to the winds of political tribalism, and believed everything the media told me, I’d discriminate against Trump supporters too.

I'd argue that goes both ways.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Of course you would.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Do you agree or are you implying that it is ok to discriminate against liberals?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Did you read the article? At the end, Fox News says it appears that he made the story up. He paid his tab AND added a tip (and the tab was well over $100.)

Now... $100+ of drinks is not a case of "being refused service."

He got over $100 worth of something in spite of his hat. Unless they're selling 200 year old products, that's a lot more than one glass while he was wearing the hat.

And if you'e thrown out, you don't have time to hand your card over, sign for the products that you were served, and add a modest tip to it (the guy was a piker.)

link   

Do you agree or are you implying that it is ok to discriminate against liberals?

No, it’s not ok to discriminate against people because of their political beliefs. Do you agree?
edit on 26-4-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

New York is another liberal state,doing ignorant things,just like calif and other states,all this shows is how petty and childish Democrats are,no need to point them out,they speak out like it or not,result of having head up where the sun won't shine

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

No, it’s not ok to discriminate against people because of their political beliefs. Do you agree?

Of course I agree, that's why I said:

You know what the definition of "both" means right?

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Did you read the article? At the end, Fox News says it appears that he made the story up. He paid his tab AND added a tip (and the tab was well over $100.)

Now... $100+ of drinks is not a case of "being refused service."

He got over $100 worth of something in spite of his hat. Unless they're selling 200 year old products, that's a lot more than one glass while he was wearing the hat.

And if you'e thrown out, you don't have time to hand your card over, sign for the products that you were served, and add a modest tip to it (the guy was a piker.)

I read that article and the New York post one. Remember there are two accounts of what occurred. One of them is lying.

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: TheJesuit

But a bakery can refuse to serve a gay couple.
That's just fine.

No they couldnt, thats the point.

I think both should be allowed to refuse service.

But we have a legal system that thinks its ok to refuse service based on one and not the other

posted on Apr, 26 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Maybe the leftists who side with the bar owner can set up separate drinking fountains for people who don't think like them.

I play the ATS "leftist" drinking game.

Every time it's said, I take a shot.

I'm so drunk.

That explains a lot.

Doesn't it??

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join