It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeopath “treated” 4-yr-old boy’s behavior problems with saliva from rabid dog

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: AccessDenied

This story makes my brain hurt.

opossum milk
or willow bark

Aspirin allergy,but thanks.
In all seriousness though, this is extreme and I would seriously be questioning the capabilities of this person, not only in regard to health advice but parenting. I'm sure there are many in the same profession that would not have even considered rabid dog saliva. Good grief. There are homeopathic remedies on the market to calm hyper children.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

This story makes my brain hurt.

opossum milk
or willow bark

Good choices but the OP material suggests using Rabies to cure brain issues. So a choice between old, tried and true and more modern, canine/mammal derived treatments.

Then there is always aspirin ...

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Oops, aspirin is a problem. Amend my post to ibuprofen ...

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: ScepticScot

1. What do you think about Homeopathy? What are your experiences with it?

I think that one case is the exception and not the rule.

Such minority views are very much steering public perception these days all across the full scope of current topics.

By design such will end everyone and everything if continued.

I also think that if you make antibiotics at home then that could be labeled as homeopathy....

Antibiotics are nothing to do homeopathy. Homemade or not.

is that your official opinion there mr. genius?

So if i grow my own garlic or make some liquid silver then i am a freakin medical student?

How about if i actually make some penicillin? is my house to be considered a laboratory

None of those things is homeopathy either.

oh i see we are dealing with a war of words here... one where people say one thing but mean another...

ho·me·op·a·thy
ˌhōmēˈäpəTHē/Submit
noun
the treatment of disease by minute doses of natural substances that in a healthy person would produce symptoms of disease.

so the most widely known example of homeopathy is........VACCINES by definition.

oh how quaint

Nope vaccines are not homeopathy.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

If rabid dogs are outlawed only criminals will have rabid dogs. Then how to cure rabies?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I am calling total mythical bs on the story...

ZERO proof of any rabid dog.

Just a rouse to give a bad name to some forms of treatment cause the government does not get paid from it.

AGAIN
ho·me·op·a·thy
ˌhōmēˈäpəTHē/Submit
noun
the treatment of disease by minute doses of natural substances that in a healthy person would produce symptoms of disease.

BY DEFINITION VACCINES ARE THE LARGEST FORM OF HOMEOPATHY

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I suppose death is a remedy but probably not the type of remedy being sought.

link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

your one liner is lacking

help me out here

why the heck not

is the government immune from definitions

link   
It was a choice between the lessor of two evils , either rabid dog saliva or bieber spit...

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Prankster

If the kid's tantrums were annoying, just wait until he starts singing and acting like Bieber. I see why the dog was chosen.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Personally I wouldn't be so cocky when it comes to homeopathy. Especially not with quantum mechanics in mind.
Water has been thought to have 'memory', for a long time in Asia.
I could probably come up with an explanation as to why it could work in a few minutes [just guesses from what I know]. In my [I have to point out, very scientific] mind, as long as I can come up with a reasonable/possible [never mind how far fetched] explanation, I will not slag anything off.
Especially not things that have been believed long before our 'modern' medicine existed.

I can't poo poo something unless I know everything [and I mean absolutely everything] about it, from all angles and all sciences.

I know H it works in a lot of animals, and I have some remedies that I use when agitated, which seem to work, but I do not really count human experience too much unless it is a covered trial, to eliminate the placebo effect.

To me there is still too much unanswered to go all 'high and mighty' yet. Who knows what they find out in a few years that could explain a lot more.
People thought atoms were the smallest particle once and since finding out they aren't, many unexplained [or laughed at] theories suddenly make sense.

Just saying.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
Personally I wouldn't be so cocky when it comes to homeopathy.

I think we can in this case.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Opossum Milk? You can milk those critters?

That probably has something to do with their forked penis.

originally posted by: projectvxn
Homeopathy is the air guitar of medicine.

edit on 18-4-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

a reply to: ScepticScot

your one liner is lacking

help me out here

why the heck not

is the government immune from definitions

Would assume that if you are claiming something is homeopathy you would know what it meant.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
Personally I wouldn't be so cocky when it comes to homeopathy. Especially not with quantum mechanics in mind.
Water has been thought to have 'memory', for a long time in Asia.
I could probably come up with an explanation as to why it could work in a few minutes [just guesses from what I know]. In my [I have to point out, very scientific] mind, as long as I can come up with a reasonable/possible [never mind how far fetched] explanation, I will not slag anything off.
Especially not things that have been believed long before our 'modern' medicine existed.

I can't poo poo something unless I know everything [and I mean absolutely everything] about it, from all angles and all sciences.

I know H it works in a lot of animals, and I have some remedies that I use when agitated, which seem to work, but I do not really count human experience too much unless it is a covered trial, to eliminate the placebo effect.

To me there is still too much unanswered to go all 'high and mighty' yet. Who knows what they find out in a few years that could explain a lot more.
People thought atoms were the smallest particle once and since finding out they aren't, many unexplained [or laughed at] theories suddenly make sense.

Just saying.

Does that mean water also remembers all poo?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

It is one of those Appalachian cures for bacterial infections...

They say it is a cure all due to properties that are passed to the young due to the unique diet of the creature.

Unique diet being any and everything.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Where the holy hell did this homeopath find rabid dog saliva anyway????????? Sounds like a whole lotta BS to me.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: katerinaGrace
Where the holy hell did this homeopath find rabid dog saliva anyway????????? Sounds like a whole lotta BS to me.

Deep web, maybe.

Could be the person doesn't also know what a rabid dogs is.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I am calling total mythical bs on the story...

ZERO proof of any rabid dog.

Just a rouse to give a bad name to some forms of treatment cause the government does not get paid from it.

AGAIN
ho·me·op·a·thy
ˌhōmēˈäpəTHē/Submit
noun

BY DEFINITION VACCINES ARE THE LARGEST FORM OF HOMEOPATHY

So many logical fallacies and inaccuracies in one post.

Not surprisingly arguing in favor of homeopathy, which is pseudoscience.

Vaccines are not homeopathic. Try again.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
1. What do you think about Homeopathy? What are your experiences with it?

It's 100% placebo.

2. What should happen (if anything) to the woman for treating her child with dog drool? Is it child-abuse or neglect?

CPS should be called.

3. How have you dealt with a child's behavior issues?

I don't have kids

PS: I'm going to put this on r/vaxxhappened.
edit on 18-4-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join