It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump tells Russia to 'get ready' for Syria airstrikes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: alexpmi
a reply to: imitator

Are you sure ??? This sounds exactly like Trump in my opinion... Why doesn't it sound like him ?

Because Trump NEVER does dumb crap. Whenever anything stupid comes out of Washington it's always someone else's fault. When an individual can't be identified they ascribe it to the 'Deep State'. Because Trump is sacrosanct.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

China is asking now and they pull more weight at the UN than Russia does so it may change.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Over the last few weeks, a supposed Trade War with China, a threat of an arms race with Russia over its new nuclear missile capability, nerve agent attack in the UK, now a chemical weapons attack in Syria. To me something doesn't bode well right now only time will tell if Russia does retaliate against these supposed strikes and with all this hot air now coming from Trump then this will be a huge game changer.

Let hope cooler heads prevail but it does look like the US and maybe the UK and French joint action will be happening in a matter of hours maybe.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I can't stand trump - this morning adds to that. He has a bullied child mentality and lacks capacity to understand what he's doing - that's going to get a lot of good people killed.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Trump warned the Russians last time as well so they had time to move all their expensive stuff out of the way. Don't want to upset his BFF Vlad. He'll probably bomb a phone booth somewhere out of the way and say it was highly effective attack on Assad's communications network. Either that or he's gonna let Bolton drag us into a war with Russia. Either way he's a dangerous buffoon.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

Imagine a scenario where an anti trump org convinces a syrian rebel group to set off a false flag gassing of civilians, which leaves trump in a position to retaliate.

After his retaliation, it is exposed that it was the rebels all along, leaving trump bearing the blame of starting a war over bad information.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
a reply to: alexpmi

During his 2016 presidential campaign Trump said, "he would never telegraph his military moves."
He said it dozens of times....

So I'm guessing Trump is dead or a hostage by the deep state. : P

that or he was lying to get the votes from fanatics and the easily impressionable.

kinda when he said he could kill someone and still get votes, this is proving just on what basis he had the balls to say that; he know his how to manipulate his cultists.
this proves the American voter votes for flair and entertainment, not policies. the past century of presidencies proves that point.

a false flag is all it took to unhinge the man further, this is weeks after vowing to pull out completely out of the region and getting praises from conservatives nation wide.. but now it cant be Trump, its the 'deep state'....

let's see how this develops.
edit on 11-4-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Oh don't worrie.

Trump is Putins puppet. Right?

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Smoke and mirrors.

I would not be surprised if some covert action far removed from the theatre is deployed instead.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: WarPig1939

Except Russia used their vote to block the US proposal for an investigation at the UN.

Nope. Russia invited OPCW. The US wanted to create a new body just to blame Assad. OPCW is already in Douma to determine if a chlorine attack happened, and there appeared to be not.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Ah yes, more winning, twattering about how good and how big his missiles are.... It would be funny if it wasn't so stupid.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Bolton + false flag = easy win.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1
I'm gonna pop open a bottle if Putin bomb's some US navy ships.
US needs to stop acting like the world police
Think i need some popcorn for this upcoming sh*tshow as well. Been waiting for this a long time

Pretty disgusting comment if you ask me. I hope none of our military personnel are bombed.

On topic: Trump telling our plans throws me for a loop and is the opposite of what he talked about up until now.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Ah yes, more winning, twattering about how good and how big his missiles are.... It would be funny if it wasn't so stupid.

but he said them missiles were smart!

Sorry he put in quotation marks - now that's very ambiguous.

"smart"

God damn my brain hurts, I need me some covfefe

link   
Russia gives a good response to Trump that man child in the white house.

twitter.com...

link   

originally posted by: Annunak1
I'm gonna pop open a bottle if Putin bomb's some US navy ships.
US needs to stop acting like the world police
Think i need some popcorn for this upcoming sh*tshow as well. Been waiting for this a long time

Celebrating people getting killed. Yeah, that's not sociopathic at all. Looks like some people have big, big problems telling the difference between Hollywood movie wars and the real thing with real deaths, real blood, real suffering, real loss for those left behind.

But hey, enjoy your bottle and your popcorn. Cause not like your entertaining "movie" is dangerous at all and this conflict can escalate into a nuclear world war that will lead to millions of dead people and vast areas of Earth uninhabitable for thousands and thousands of year.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JoeHammon

Here is what happened, according to the UN:

UN News

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
Always complaining about past politicians giving out too much information about U.S war plans to the public...announces attack is coming on #ing Twitter. Something something stable genius.

The reason, I think, Trump did this is to counter the statements made by a Russian Ambassador on al-Manar TV...

Alexander Zasypkin, in comments broadcast on Tuesday evening, said he was referring to a statement by Russian president Vladimir Putin and the Russian chief-of-staff. "If there is a strike by the Americans then... the missiles will be downed and even the sources from which the missiles were fired," he told Hezbollah's al-Manar TV.

The implications of this statement are clear...if they are to be believed...the Russians are threatening to not only knoock down the missiles themselves (if they can), but also to try to take out the ships and planes that launch them. The President, in IMO, felt he needed to let the Russians know that the U.S. is not going to be intimidated - and that if they want to take on Assaud for what he (allegedly) did, nobody is going to stop them.

Zasypkin's statement likely plays well with Hezbollah, but was the height of irresponsibility. It is one thing for the U.S. to go after Syria for gassing its own people (Assuad's forces have killed something like 500,000 Syrian civilians since the civil strife began) - it is quite another for Russian (or Iranian) forces to target American, British and French forces directly.

Russia Threatens to Counterattack Coallition Forces

I do not even want to try to imagine what would happen next if (say) the Russians sank an American Destroyer after it launched Cruise Missiles at Syrian military targets, in addition to firing at (and hitting?) American, British and French warplanes.

This is a very dangerous game of chicken - and Trump needed to send an open message telling the Kremlin to get out of the way, and let Assaud take a hit...because it is coming (and everybody in the world knows it, so Trump is not letting any cats out of any bags).

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

originally posted by: crtrvt
Always complaining about past politicians giving out too much information about U.S war plans to the public...announces attack is coming on #ing Twitter. Something something stable genius.

The reason, I think, Trump did this is to counter the statements made by a Russian Ambassador on al-Manar TV...

Alexander Zasypkin, in comments broadcast on Tuesday evening, said he was referring to a statement by Russian president Vladimir Putin and the Russian chief-of-staff. "If there is a strike by the Americans then... the missiles will be downed and even the sources from which the missiles were fired," he told Hezbollah's al-Manar TV.

The implications of this statement are clear...if they are to be believed...the Russians are threatening to not only knoock down the missiles themselves (if they can), but also to try to take out the ships and planes that launch them. The President, in IMO, felt he needed to let the Russians know that the U.S. is not going to be intimidated - and that if they want to take on Assaud for what he (allegedly) did, nobody is going to stop them.

Zasypkin's statement likely plays well with Hezbollah, but was the height of irresponsibility. It is one thing for the U.S. to go after Syria for gassing its own people (Assuad's forces have killed something like 500,000 Syrian civilians since the civil strife began) - it is quite another for Russian (or Iranian) forces to target American, British and French forces directly.

Russia Threatens to Counterattack Coallition Forces

I do not even want to try to imagine what would happen next if (say) the Russians sank an American Destroyer after it launched Cruise Missiles at Syrian military targets, in addition to firing at (and hitting?) American, British and French warplanes.

This is a very dangerous game of chicken - and Trump needed to send an open message telling the Kremlin to get out of the way, and let Assaud take a hit...because it is coming (and everybody in the world knows it, so Trump is not letting any cats out of any bags).

Trump can't afford a war in Syria with the midterm hot on his and GOP's heels. They have only a 1 seat majority in the Senate. Losing the Senate will be absolutely catastrophic considering Dems have been lock step blocking every one of their agendas. If Russia sinks an American ship because Trump starts a war, he loses his base.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

No trump didn’t need to do anything other than continue e an investigation, or pull out like was voted to do

I swear some of you arm chair military personnel are completely out of touch w what really happens in war, and what the real consequences of this sort of talk can do.

I don’t want to see a single one of my military breatheren shed blood on foreign soil again because of the hubris of a president who doesn’t know when to shut up.

There is such a thing as quiet resolve and due diligence , this bull# from trump is neither.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join