It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F.B.I. Raids Office of Trump’s Longtime Lawyer Michael Cohen

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Again you have no idea why the document is classified but of course it's always something scandalous of great embarrassment or what ever other lowley thing trump needs it to appear to be.
Ever notice it's always nasty with him..

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Dfairlite

No it's not. Nunes makes another stupid threat. Good luck getting the votes. He will be laughed out of the chamber.
I wish we could place bets on this stuff.

And Meanwhile:
House intel chair Devin Nunes is under investigation for possibly violating campaign finance laws
www.businessinsider.com...

Devin Nunes Funneled Campaign Funds Into Alternative Media Outlet
observer.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Breaking911 ‏ Verified account @Breaking911 1m1 minute ago More

JUST IN: The FBI agents who raided the office and hotel of Michael Cohen were seeking all records related to the “Access Hollywood” tape - NYT

If true, i don't see how it's related to this investigation. Or Cohen.
edit on 11-4-2018 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

JUST IN: The FBI agents who raided the office and hotel of Michael Cohen were seeking all records related to the “Access Hollywood” tape - NYT

If true, how does the Access tape have anything to do with this investigation, and why would Cohen have legal papers on it?

Madness.
www.cnn.com...

This can ONLY be an attempt to get Trump to fire Mueller. They must have found a big fat nothing relating to collusion or even Russian interference in the election.

..and the NYT article (if you are dumb enough to pay for their 'news')
www.nytimes.com...
edit on 11/4/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

If Cohen was involved in trying to silence it, that's how it relates to him.

It doesn't relate to the Russia investigation, that's why Mueller handed it off to others to investigate.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

He needs to go back to the farm.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

If Cohen was a "fixer" in regards to this or paid someone off or paid or tried to pay to suppress the tape he could be in trouble under election laws.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

JUST IN: Rosenstein Signed Off on FBI Raid

As reported by TheHill

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein reportedly personally approved the FBI raid Monday of President Trump‘s personal attorney, Michael Cohen.

The New York Times reported that Rosenstein signed off on the raid, in which the FBI seized emails, tax documents and records, some of them related to Cohen’s payment to adult-film star Stormy Daniels.

FBI officials raided Cohen’s office in Manhattan, along with his residence and a hotel room.

Cohen’s lawyer, Stephen Ryan, said in a statement Monday that federal prosecutors in Manhattan obtained a search warrant after receiving a referral “in part” from special counsel Robert Mueller. Ryan called the search “completely inappropriate and unnecessary.”

click link for full article.
Links to The Hill and the Washington Compost are also provided.

This entire scenario almost appears to be a trap for Rosenstein and Mueller. Get info to them about some non existent smoking gun to see what happens IE exposing political bias in the investigation.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

It doesn't relate to the Russia investigation, that's why Mueller handed it off to others to investigate.

So why was Mueller involved at all?

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: EchoesInTime

If Cohen was a "fixer" in regards to this or paid someone off or paid or tried to pay to suppress the tape he could be in trouble under election laws.

Latest reporting thinks the raid dealt with the video of Trump talking about grabbing women in the nards.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Rosenstein also retrospectively expanded Muellers scope to include the raid on Manafort's home too.
Looking more like an investigation trying to find a crime every day.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

As a referral, which is in and of itself interesting.

I am curious why Mueller goes after people with no links to Russia Trump collusion only to outsource the raid on Trumps lawyers.

It looks to me that there is a high possibility that either of the 2 judges (Manafort and Flynn) might grant their motions, which would destroy the SC investigations - all of it (fruit of the poisonous tree).

By tossing this to someone outside the SC lends the possibility of an investigati9on that could continue even if the SC is shut down.

Not to mention it appears Mueller and Rosenstein are up against the clock with regards to what happens first -
* - Bringing Trump down
or
* - The OIG report coming out and ending a lot of peoples careers with prison time.

It is starting to look like a scorched earth policy now by the left. Loretta Lynch, in her latest interview, threw Comey under the bus by claiming he never raised any concerns with her.
edit on 11-4-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

You have to submit a business plan in order to get a business loan. So yeah.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Because Mueller found evidence. When an investigator finds evidence of a crime that is outside the scope of their investigation, they don't just ignore it. They give that evidence to the group that does have jurisdiction. Since Mueller already has Trumps entire teams financial records and tax returns, it makes sense that if they were committing financial crimes, Mueller would find that among the records for what he's searching for.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

As a referral, which is in and of itself interesting.

I am curious why Mueller goes after people with no links to Russia Trump collusion only to outsource the raid on Trumps lawyers.

It looks to me that there is a high possibility that either of the 2 judges (Manafort and Flynn) might grant their motions, which would destroy the SC investigations - all of it (fruit of the poisonous tree.

By tossing this to someone outside the SC lends the possibility of an investigati9on that could continue even if the SC is shut down.

Not to mention it appears Mueller and Rosenstein are up against the clock with regards to what happens first -
* - Bringing Trump down
or
* - The OIG report coming out and ending a lot of peoples careers with prison time.

It is starting to look like a scorched earth policy now by the left. Loretta Lynch, in her latest interview, threw Comey under the bus by claiming he never raised any concerns with her.

That's what I was thinking - what was Mueller doing even looking into the Access Hollywood tape for him to refer anything.
As I said, it seems like they have come up so dry on their actual remit, they are now looking to be fired in order to create the Democrats 'constitutional crisis' they so need.

As for the OIG report, we'll see, but I have doubts we'll ever see anything.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

So he just happened to find a crime in the middle of the Stormy Daniels nonsense on TV? After having Trump and his advisors financial records for months?
Yeah, OK.

link   
BREAKING: Obama Holdover Accused of Corruption Approved Trump Lawyer Raid

When the media first began to spin the raid on the president's lawyer, they claimed that it had been approved by a Trump appointee. Of course it hadn't. It came from Rosenstein on one end. And Trump's appointee had recused himself. That left his deputy, an Obama holdover. Robert Khuzami. And there are reports that he allegedly made the decision.

www.frontpagemag.com...

link   

That's what I was thinking - what was Mueller doing even looking into the Access Hollywood tape for him to refer anything.

What makes you think he was? That could be where the SDNY investigation lead them after whatever Mueller handed them was looked at.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: F4guy

So perkins coie is in big trouble then?

I don't know enough about that situation to have an opinion. A lot depends on whether they were repaid by the DNC and /or the campaign. If a vendor is repaid for advances it is not considered a contrbution. For exampple, it is common practice and legitimate for a campaign's advertising firm to buy and pay for ad placements and then bill it through, adding in their commissions, to the campaign. All law firms routinely advance consultant and witness and research fees for a client and then add them to a client's bill. That is not a contribution.

posted on Apr, 11 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
BREAKING: Obama Holdover Accused of Corruption Approved Trump Lawyer Raid

When the media first began to spin the raid on the president's lawyer, they claimed that it had been approved by a Trump appointee. Of course it hadn't. It came from Rosenstein on one end. And Trump's appointee had recused himself. That left his deputy, an Obama holdover. Robert Khuzami. And there are reports that he allegedly made the decision.

www.frontpagemag.com...

LOL if everything about this investigation was on the up and up these people would have no reason to lie.

Instead that is all they do and then the left bitches about why no one believes them.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join