It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the hard time for Cali?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Unless a person has a real lot of money to waste, stay away from Cali. The cost of living there is way too high. They made their bed, let them lay in it. I feel sorry for some of the people working there, they are brainwashed to think they are doing great because of the wage they make. But they are no better off than working somewhere else where the cost of living is less. People are not that smart, the more you spend, the more you need to make to be at the same place.

Half the state of California lives in delusion, they can't comprehend that their high cost of living is making them poor.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Yea the surfer boy life style looks great, the problem is that died by the mid '80s id guess, but to be honest I have never been there for long usually while passing through for the military.

So your mileage may vary...

Friendly people and cash for anyone willing to work hard is the key to a nice place.

Probably be a lot of work in the sanitation industry, due to the periodic cleaning of the homeless camps.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
It's like that here though, Northern people whine about being skint but Devon & Cornwall have some of the highest utility and house prices but the same minimum wage.
Scottish people are the worst for moaning, and their water bills are included in property taxes, a pound a day for most folk.
There are whinge bags everywhere lol

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
California native here.

I live in northern CA, near the state capital actually.
Retired, with a pension. Own a home, make about $36K per year, now.

Life is Good.

Not jet set (though there is a private prop plane in the family), no lavish parties (but domestic champagne is cheap enough to lubricate our parties).

Come with a skill, or a really good idea.

Remember, In it’s own, California is the world’s sixth largest economy.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Well you have to understand that in Northern California you're going to be paying 50% of that taxes right off the bat 39% to the federal government and 10% to the state of Cali so you would have to be able to live off of half of that and the housing alone would cost you the majority of that and you'll be living in the s*** hole.

Jaden

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar
I like your positive outlook

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden
Warm #hole all year round though.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Lots of warm places to live.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Let's summarize. Cali gets a bad rap because, well, "Caifornicate" about sums it up.

1. Extreme leftist politics.
2. Extreme taxes.
3. Extreme traffic.
4. Extreme cost-of-living.
5. Extreme crowding.
6. Extreme lack of water.
7. Extreme wild fires.
8. Extreme pollution.

But you can't knock the weather and if you are into welfare payments, that's the place to go. Everyone gets a large screen TV with their first month's payment.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock
True, but your Thailands etc you have to do the border run every 30 days or so, been there done that.
If my lad wants to find the land of the free through hard work, #in A, Cali seems fantastic to a non-native, and the state seems to be begging UK citizens right now through their advertising.

link   
a reply to: schuyler

Yup, the only good thing about California is the physical land it occupies. That is, when that land isn't on fire or getting washed out from under you.
edit on 1-4-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

link   

I meant warm places still in the United States. California....land of the free......he better do some more research.

edit on 1-4-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I like your positive outlook

It’s good to be positive. But, if he is going to San Francisco it may be useful to have a map of the area so as to avoid any....um pitfalls.

www.redstate.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Yeah, I've noticed how people love to bitch about how horrible California is.

Interestingly though, if California was an actual country, it'd be like the 6th most wealthiest country in the world... So you'd think it must have something going for it.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

I meant warm places still in the United States. California....land of the free......he better do some more research.

Florida?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I'm assuming your house is paid for and or you've owned it for many many years before the housing went out of control insane up there?

No one is coming up there now making less than a couple hundred thousand dollars a year and living decently. They're especially not going to own a decent house.

Jaden

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Yeah, I've noticed how people love to bitch about how horrible California is.

Interestingly though, if California was an actual country, it'd be like the 6th most wealthiest country in the world... So you'd think it must have something going for it.

Junk stat, if California was a country it would have costs that the federal government provides factored into it's economy. It's dishonest to throw that stat around.

I wonder how much federal financial aid and manpower the Fed spends on all those wild fires.

It's a bogus stat to confuse people.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Well, just know if he gets 'skint' (?) and needs help, if he can get to me he's got a roof and a belly full ( may be mostly full in all honesty LOL) until you can send for him,
Anyways, good luck to the young man, I remember being young, fearless and going wherever the wind blew. Those were some of the best times of my life!

Was supposed to be full in beer...dunno what happened! LOL
edit on 1-4-2018 by TNMockingbird because: censors!!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Lol was waiting for that, thanks

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join