It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the hard time for Cali?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

It does. It has Silicon Valley and Hollywood. That's why California is the sixth largest economy in the world.

Jaden

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

It does. It has Silicon Valley and Hollywood. That's why California is the sixth largest economy in the world.

Jaden

And they are loosing tech companies. In 5 years California, as a whole, may be an actual federal disaster zone.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I know I own a house in Southern California you can't beat the year-round weather. I'm also selling it moving out.

Jaden

My 1500sqft 3 and 2 is worth over 400k.
edit on 1-4-2018 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Where you going?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Well, just know if he gets 'skint' (?) and needs help, if he can get to me he's got a roof and a belly full ( may be mostly full in all honesty LOL) until you can send for him,
Anyways, good luck to the young man, I remember being young, fearless and going wherever the wind blew. Those were some of the best times of my life!

Ah thank you, I know

Same applies back at ya, need life saving cancer treatment but don't wanna lose your house ever, just shout me, you'll be my American bird.
EDIT
...and the NHS will treat you for free, you never have to go bankrupt over cancer as my friend x
edit on 1-4-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Alabama or Arizona Or Texas. Somewhere where politics and prices are better than here.
edit on 1-4-2018 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
lived in cali for 3 decades. moved out and couldnt be convinced to move back to cali for any reason. in fact I don't know one person who's left California and wants to ever live there again. your blood pressure will drop just after a few hours of not living in California.

you can get good weather in plenty of other places. the cost of living and the ideology there have killed the state. i used to pay 1,100 a month for a crappy run down studio apartment with no parking, closets, kitchen, draining shower tub, working electricity in bathroom, and a rat infestation (the whole first floor if the building actually ) and no the city will not be responding to your complaints regarding such conditions any time soon. theyre overwhelmed with similar complaints to ever get to you and your problems.

and rest assured the state tax board will tell you that paying them is more important than paying your utilities, medical perscriptions, or buying the bare minimum in food. they don't care if you literally endanger yourself or drop dead just as long as they get paid.

California is a crock. there's a reason they're bombarding people with adds to move there. the writings on the wall for that state. screw California. like another member here said. they made their bed let them lay in it.

you can find plenty of other places ten times better with out the problems California will assault you with.

Greenville in south Carolina is kicking ass right now. true they get snow for a few months in the winter but the trade off far exceeds anything California can offer.

Australia is really nice. my advice marry an Aussie and move there.
edit on 1-4-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
DCCowboy

I turned down a job a few years ago in San Francisco. They offered 250K salary and that (according to the cost of living there) would not have been enough for me and my family to live on.

We've done the same. Headhunters call my wife all the time about executive positions in the Bay Area and she turns them down. The salary increases don't even come close to covering the cost of living increases we'd incur if we moved from Chicago. A relatively modest home will easily set you back $1.5 million.
edit on 1-4-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Australia is really nice. my advice marry an Aussie and move there.

Awww, no fair!
You fell in love...LOL
I'm still trying to wipe that off of my shoe.
Totally taints your opinion.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Australia have been advertising on TV lately as well, seems the English speaking world is crying out for hardworking Brits lol

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Unless a person has a real lot of money to waste, stay away from Cali. The cost of living there is way too high. They made their bed, let them lay in it. I feel sorry for some of the people working there, they are brainwashed to think they are doing great because of the wage they make. But they are no better off than working somewhere else where the cost of living is less. People are not that smart, the more you spend, the more you need to make to be at the same place.

Half the state of California lives in delusion, they can't comprehend that their high cost of living is making them poor.

I find a lot of people that live in CA are up to their eyeballs in debt trying to live the high life. This is why CA (Orange County specifically) was the home to so many subprime mortgage companies.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

oz has been trying a new campaign to attract us and UK tourists. I can see why they've had a slump in tourism from those countries. oz is far away, the flights expensive and long (14 hours from west cost usa) but oz has much to offer if your the outdoorsy type.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

in sanfran the city has erected signs on nearly every block telling residents that they have tenant rights and that their landlords can't just kick them out due to exponentiating rent. and to call these numbers for help and lawyers.

a crappy burger there cost me 15 bucks. the burger not the combo. not a good burger either. a crappy one.
edit on 1-4-2018 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

love or not. oz is still really nice. better quality of life there. and it's pretty cheap granted you don't live in either Perth, Sydney or Melbourne. Queensland has some amazing beaches. you should go on a Aussie dating sight and try to move there. just stay away from Boganlove.com or housohookups.com

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Oz would be my first choice for sure, culture reasons, not considerations of wildlife that can kill you!

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Well, to be fair some friends have tried to 'hook me up' and I suppose that I am just not into it. My life is awkward at best LOL!
I'm gonna go it alone. I like being alone and my proclivities and inclinations likely lead to a solitary life, except for my kiddos.
Amazing beaches, that's my end game after the kids are sorted of course.
Massive < 3 to you two BTW!
edit on 1-4-2018 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wife and I had our baby moon vacation in Carmel Valley, CA. Near Monterey and Big Sur. I must say, the weather was unbelievable. It was absolutely perfect. On Christmas day it was like 75 degrees and no humidity. The surrounding area was absolutely gorgeous. Hate CA or not, everyone must experience driving up PCH 1 along the Pacific.

I can see why people who are very wealthy still choose to live in some parts of CA. However, for a working stiff with a 9 to 5, the math simply does not work in my opinion. It is simply not affordable and you can have a much better quality of life in other states, even without the 365 days of sun shine.

We spent some time in San Fran... talk about a sh*t hole. Bums and drug addicts everywhere. They literally have an issue with people defecating on sidewalks. The food in the city was great, but no way I'd live in San Fran proper. I'd much rather stay in Chicago or move to NYC.

At least with NYC, even though it is just as expensive, the expense feels justifiable. It is a crowded city that feels like no other city in the US. There is a urban vibrancy that just isn't there in CA. I mean you can kind of rationalize NYC being expensive. CA just feels like any other boring ass suburb, yet you still have to pay $1 million for a house down the street from an Olive Garden. WTF?

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I have to admit, it is going to be interesting to watch California over the next 5 years. It's leadership is intent on its own self destruction. Fascinating from the standpoint of an observer.

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'm crashing out but please do share your Cali thoughts if you want to

posted on Apr, 1 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

California has its beauty but fails to justify the cost oif actually living there.

you brought up another problem with california. the vibrancy. California has no underlying thread that brings it together. no fabric to society or sense of community like say nyc.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join