It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positive vibrations of LOVE, Peace and Strength to the YOUTH rallies against gun violence-

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: watchitburn

Why don't you just go out and burn it all down yourself Watchitburn, rather than defaming the young. By your name and avatar you obviously prefer prefer a world where the brutal rule in chaos.

Think about how much you really understood when still a young teen?
Who in their right mind would want teens to dictate policy for a country?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
...and FYI, "the gun lobby" spends less than 1 percent of what the Medical Industrial Complex (MIC) spends on lobbying, and the MIC is responsible for 5 times the unnecessary deaths... ( 10 times, if you talk to the Doctors that compile data about "death by medicine" who claim numbers are under reported by half or more.)

edit on 24-3-2018 by dasman888 because: edit

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Really? Were you planning on shooting up a school full of kids? Should we say something? Your life your rights . Me me me.
Scoffs.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Some of you seem not to care what they been through because of these guns and assault weapons. Selfish?
This is not a political thread so I won't be debating in this thread.
Share your vibes or go play in the trump piles.

I feel very confused by this statement. It could have easily been a bomb it has nothing to do with the tool used but the user.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

If the condom fits wear it.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Nahh they are the youth or the actual future of this planet. The tools are older then them...

If that is true then the 'actual future' of this planet are a bunch of useful idiots and I weep.
edit on 24-3-2018 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

link   
Mr president I hope you're watching this.

link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

That there is an agenda working here is certain. I also have wondered who is paying for all the plane flights and hotel bills etc. So far I have seen no research on just where this money is coming from. Maybe the parents? Maybe the school districts for field trips? Maybe the Illuminati.

And like you I have heard the regular talking points being pushed by these young adults, however to condemn them out of hand as tools as some are doing is a ludicrous and blind-eyed condemnation on human nature as I pointed out.
For millennia the young have followed in the footsteps of the elders and the elders the elders before them and all with little deviance from the established paradigm.

Now though the established paradigm is no longer singular as it has been for so long. Now there are not only different but seemingly opposing paradigms from which the younger generations can choose to do their parroting even though they do not see it as parroting. I hold this to be true with those who parrot the left as well as those who parrot the right.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Why don't you just go out and burn it all down yourself Watchitburn, rather than defaming the young. By your name and avatar you obviously prefer prefer a world where the brutal rule in chaos.

People with an ulterior motive, ghoulish narcissism, and who don't give a rat's behind about kids? (...I guess that means "politicians".)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Nahh they are the youth or the actual future of this planet. The tools are older then them...

These kids are being used because they don’t understand what the issues are.

Right, high school students being murdered whilst sitting in class have no idea why they're protesting.

Maybe it would be wiser to give high schools more mental health care as it is their own who are so angry they kill.
On the other hand ,they are not the only humans who have crimes committed against them, gun or no.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

Punishing law abiding citizens? People who shoot up schools are not law abiding citizens. why do you feel so threatened by these teens?

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Perfectenemy

You obviously were that kind of teen. Me I sat with the kids others made fun of.
I befriended those who had no friends because they didn't look like everyone else or were not as " cool" as other kids. I was enriched by that experience. They didn't take from me. Maybe I helped maybe I didn't but I was always open to acceptance and reaching out.
Not out it pity but out of compassion. And I know that I'm not unusual. I know that there are many people like me who really do care. So take your ugly thoughts out of here. They don't belong. If you're interested in contributing in a useful manner you're welcome to stay but if not just move along. Really.

Are you f#cking kidding me? First off you know nothing about my past and how dare you to assume i was a shallow kid who bullied others? Are you really that dense? Read my comment more carefully because i said the exact opposite that you conveniently ignore. School is always a cruel place if you don't fit in in one of their made up categories. I got the scars to prove it. So how about you just
if you have no idea what i'm talking about.

edit on 24-3-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Some of you seem not to care what they been through because of these guns and assault weapons. Selfish?
This is not a political thread so I won't be debating in this thread.
Share your vibes or go play in the trump piles.

I care that they are being used for an agenda that is anti-freedom in the name of 'greater security' that makes us weaker.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

People have been saying that about the younger generation since the beginning of time.
We're still here. Still accepting new ideas. Change is a scary. Find yourself a safe space.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

a reply to: WarPig1939

Punishing law abiding citizens? People who shoot up schools are not law abiding citizens. why do you feel so threatened by these teens?

I'll answer for me, not WP.

Their so-called solutions target the freedoms of law-abiding citizens, not the crimes of criminals and mentally unstable.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Silly little children should be learning about life and trying to work on their underdeveloped minds.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Sea, I am 71 and wonder daily just how much I understand things even now...
As to these young people I do not see them as dictating but rather asking as loudly as they can that we re-assess a number of long held beliefs. For that matter I, even at my age, question just how older generations seem to think that we can dictate to a society that is changing so fast due to the quickly developing technology our generations have unloosed upon the populous.

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Teikiatsu

People have been saying that about the younger generation since the beginning of time.
We're still here. Still accepting new ideas. Change is a scary. Find yourself a safe space.

*yawn* Trying to play the generation card, so boring.

I've been saying 'that' about useful idiots, not the younger generation. There are plenty of kids with their heads screwed on straight. Useful idiots come in all ages.
edit on 24-3-2018 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Its great that they are participating...

what's not great is some of the outright lies they are parroting that come straight from the CNN/MSNBC talking points. (and yes the ones Fox found to parrot their talking points is also a sore spot for me)

Now we just need to teach them to do their own research and formulate their own opinions based on facts.

Your points are absolutely valid. Parroting in the name of self discovery. Yet this is not uncommon on either the left or the right. Humans are by nature copy cats. Babies learn to smile by copying the smiles around them etc. That is not some innate knowledge, it is parroting what they see without knowing what it will '' mean'' later.

So even if they ARE parroting I believe that much of their research to formulate their own opinions is based on fact already. That research is being forced on them by an elder society that has failed to foster a culture where mad-men cannot walk into a school and slaughter upon whim.

The problem is no one is doing the research to understand the problem. Here is a list of 116 school mass killings take a look and think again.
en.wikipedia.org...

# Name Date Year Location Country Killed Injured W Fate of perpetrator(s) Ref.
23. Enoch Brown school massacre July 26 1764 Pennsylvania United States
FM
81. Droysigg massacre Oct 6 1902 Droysigg Austria-Hungary Austria-Hungary
F Killed by angry mob [40]
54. Bremen school shooting June 20 1913 Bremen German Empire Germany
F Sent to psychiatric hospital
98. Waikino school shooting Oct 19 1923 Waikino New Zealand New Zealand
F Life imprisonment [49]
71. Wilno school massacre May 6 1925 Wilno Poland Poland
3–6
4–11
F E Both died by suicide
5. Bath School disaster May 18 1927 Bath Township, MI United States United States
FE Suicide
42. Poe Elementary School bombing Sep 15 1959 Houston, TX United States United States
E Killed by the explosion [14]
22. Cologne school massacre June 11 1964 Volkhoven Germany West Germany
FM Suicide
10. University of Texas tower shooting Aug 1 1966 Austin, TX United States United States
FM Killed by police
48. Mesa school massacre Nov 12 1966 Mesa, AZ United States United States
F Life imprisonment [17]

posted on Mar, 24 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

a reply to: SeaWorthy

Sea, I am 71 and wonder daily just how much I understand things even now...
As to these young people I do not see them as dictating but rather asking as loudly as they can that we re-assess a number of long held beliefs. For that matter I, even at my age, question just how older generations seem to think that we can dictate to a society that is changing so fast due to the quickly developing technology our generations have unloosed upon the populous.

"The more things change, the more they stay the same." Hiding behind the advance of technology is lazy. We are still human.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join