It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positive vibrations of LOVE, Peace and Strength to the YOUTH rallies against gun violence-

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
I’m one of these’youths’ you’re referring to.
I believe guns are a necessary tool.

Which queue do i head to?

Ever ask yourself why those of your peers that have the same position as you didn't get a TIME magazine cover?
Ever ask yourself why that is?

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
I give them part of my spirit energy. They see through old world politics.
Spirit energy isn’t a real thing. Therefor you are offering them nothing.

Offering things like thoughts, prayers, and spirit energy, is the definition of virtue signaling.
It's more like a replay of the 60's hippie peace and love not war thing which itself was stirred up by radicals from SDS.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

a reply to: wtfatta

Not saying remove guns. But they could be better regulated to prevent mass shootings.

That's fair and I agree better regulations will prevent mass shootings, but if we don't address why people are acting as they have been, the killings will continue in a different form and perhaps increase in severity.

These people aren't brave, so rather than go for a knife, they're more likely to choose a weapon that allows them to distance themselves, both mentally and physically, from their victims, I.e. bombs and chemical weapons.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
a reply to: wtfatta

"I support the right of the educated to protest."

And who's going to decide who's educated?

You?

Actually Miriam-Webster defines educated

Definition of educated
1 : having an education; especially : having an education beyond the average educated speakers
2 a : giving evidence of training or practice : skilled educated hands
b : befitting one that is educated educated taste
c : based on some knowledge of fact an educated guess

If you haven't done any unbiased research into the subject (which includes view points you don't agree with) and formed your own view points then you're uneducated by definition. It doesn't require someone else to state that it's uneducated just as a fool doesn't need acknowledgement of foolish behavior in order to be a fool, but in this case, I'll acknowledge your arrogant, uneducated foolishness.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Wild info there Sea demonstrating that mass killings do not depend upon modern weaponry. But then these were not a common occurrence as they are becoming now. Right? I am not saying that individuals who go coo-coo have not always been with us no do I think that that is the position of these young people. I think their position to be let's just not let it be so easy to do.

Today's handgun unmodified has 15 rounds how does taking away a certain gun change anything? Anyone on ATS surely realizes by now there is an agenda to create a helpless population with a full control government designed for one thing to end in a dictatorship. Too many Americans are not aware of what is involved in remaining free and the new generation is totally blind.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

a reply to: Woodcarver

The issues are elders attached to their guns and gun laws. Who fear changing political agenda due to losing their voter base. Seems more toolish then anything...

The elders came from the time where they grew up as children in farms and the countryside. Everyone was taught to respect each other and all the equipment they used; axes, hammers, combine harvesters, tractors, wood chippers, rifles, shotguns and handguns. Many served in the military where they were used to handling munitions. They were also taught to handle problems and people, how to defuse awkward situations, stand up for themselves and not let things build up mentally. Telling them they can't own weapons or passing all sorts of legislation is like telling them they can't use a fork and knife for dinner. Some are farm folk who have to deal with vermin and wild hogs as well as wild bears. Back then, city folk didn't need weapons because the streets and suburbs were safe.

Now the problem is the fear of home invasions, shopkeepers having to defend themselves from raiders and looters as well as all these school shootings. In every case, we can see that the students doing the shootings had social and mental health problems.

In the UK, there may be a ban on weapons, but there are still 15,000 crimes involving knife crime, 4000 people hospitalized and 80 killed. In the last week, 8 people have been stabbed to death in London.

You can add bombings to that.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: Arnie123

a reply to: alldaylong

Our government operates as a constitutional republic with democratically elected representatives. You should understand at least that much.

So The U.S. is not a democracy ?

How very strange.
I know. In other words, we're not a direct democracy, but a form of democracy, a representative democracy.

Looks and sounds like a Democracy to me.

Pssst Have a word with Seagull. He thinks you don't like in a Democracy .

Well and to the Republic for which it stands.

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

a reply to: alldaylong

Our government operates as a constitutional republic with democratically elected representatives. You should understand at least that much.

So The U.S. is not a democracy ?

How very strange.
I know. In other words, we're not a direct democracy, but a form of democracy, a representative democracy.

Looks and sounds like a Democracy to me.

Pssst Have a word with Seagull. He thinks you don't like in a Democracy .

It’s not. And you wouldn’t like it if it was.

So you're not a Democratic Country?

Explains why The NRA and other big business have some much power over Government. All makes sense now.

One way to phrase this is the United States of America is a “representative republic” (a “representative democracy,” in a Republic)

factmyth.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: RomeByFire

Haven't there been several stabbings and sword killings in schools overseas. I seem to remember one in Japan within the last couple of years where several children were killed and many more injured.

There were some in Russia and Sweden, too. Actually, I just did a look-see and there are lots of incidents of school violence all over the world.

Even though guns weren't used, this should tell us all that teens everywhere are having psychotic issues or else something else is happening to some of them. So, it is not the weapon chosen, but the state of mind that causes them to become violent.

Care to source your fabricated Japan attack. As per population density, they are (by far) the best nation when it comes to violence. It is virtually non-existent.

And one over the last few years? I can count twenty mass shootings over the last year.

I don't care if "people will use other weapons," let them.

How many other civilized nations have mass shootings?

Some people are so resilient to any sort of change they instantly deflect away to something else; it's classic propaganda.

You know what these kids and their naysayers remind me of?

Donald Trump.

"He's not qualified, he'd never win, he won't last a year, etc etc"

Keep on underestimating the power of the youth of a nation that is sick and tired of being shot by lunatics while sitting in a #ing classroom.

Japan knife attack: At least 19 dead
www.cnn.com...

School attacks in China (2010–12) A series of uncoordinated mass stabbings, hammer attacks, and cleaver attacks in the People's Republic of China began in March 2010. The spate of attacks left at least 25 dead and some 115 injured. As most cases had no known motive, analysts have blamed mental health problems caused by rapid social change for the rise in these kinds of mass murder and murder-suicide incidents.[1]
en.wikipedia.org...(2010%E2%80%9312)

Category:Mass stabbings
LIST
en.wikipedia.org...:Mass_stabbings

Do People not get it? It is not about the tool!

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

originally posted by: WarPig1939

originally posted by: olaru12

a reply to: queenofswords

These young people need to recognize that our 2A is not the cause. Guard your 2A like treasure.

Americans once had the right to own slaves.

Then common sense prevailed and that right was taken away. The same will eventually happen with the right to own arms.

It may take awhile, but it will happen.

There will be bloodshed before that happens

Who ya gonna shoot? How will you identify the enemy?

Anyone that tries to disarm me and my fellow citizens or commit acts of tyranny.

I will defend the constitution/bill of rights against all enemies foreign or domestic.

To the last bullet, to the last man.

LOl! Maybe you can get a job with Alex jones and the other drama queens. LOL! Did you have a silent tear as you said "to the last bullet", or were you screaming it while gasping for breath?

Good God man, get a hold on yourself, it's so ridiculous for people to say they can't live without a gun.

You know what we need to survive?

Clean water, clean air and fertile soil.. and you wax all desperate over a piece of paper with writing on it.
Not much of a thinker, I take it.

Dear Lady if this were a perfect world your words would be true. If you could trust your Government it would be helpful.

You must stop thinking we as a country are living in Christ and look at your leaders and also the history of all who could not defend themselves. Maybe you need to watch a movie like Red Dawn (2012 film). What do you think would happen if our country were invaded?

What if our government did make a move to dictatorship?

In 1931, Weimar authorities discovered plans for a Nazi takeover in which Jews would be denied food and persons refusing to surrender their guns within 24 hours would be executed. They were written by Werner Best, a future Gestapo official. In reaction to such threats, the government authorized the registration of all firearms and the confiscation thereof, if required for “public safety.

The Gestapo banned independent gun clubs and arrested their leaders

read more
www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Sea. I don't know as the weaponry available to citizens will facilitate a defense from the dictatorship that is in the process of descending upon us. There was a time, several decades ago that I held that thought, that we needed to remain armed to the teeth to fight off the armed forces of this government. The weapons we common folk have I believe will be no match for what can be brought to bear against us. However, the weaponry we have will be only enough for two things One is to remain available to the coo coos to randomly slaughter when they see fit. The other thing our weapons will be good for are to fight with one another while the elites look on us and laugh.

I think that the elites who run this society are not anti-gun. I believe them to be pro-gun, but only enough to fight one another and every now and then get one into the hands of the coo coos to create a little mayhem.

My level of armament is sufficient for personal and home protection from individuals and such but would be no match for a coordinated military crack down. Were the level of military crackdown achieve such levels, the rest of society I believe would be in the dumpster anyway and even though pockets of resistance might hold out, all the government would need to do is one strafing run with what ever rocketry or even gases to take the out.

Do you see my stance here? If and when the government makes the decision to go 'no holds barred'' society will be over in any event. And in the meantime the price we all pay for our measly armed deterrent from oppressive government forces is to allow these weapons to be accessible to the coo coos.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuireThing about that is the military would likely be having the same division in its ranks,Probably would be a coup against Government if it called for firing on civilians,many,if not most would refuse to kill civilians.

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Children being used as a political tools of the left. What else is new.

Any other subject that causes injustice and it gets ignored completely. When school shooting happens, hold the phone. We have a problem now!

I hate people that are anti-constitution/ bill of rights.

Everything these kids are doing is protected by the constitution/bill of rights..

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

These young people need to recognize that our 2A is not the cause. Guard your 2A like treasure.

Then common sense prevailed and that right was taken away. The same will eventually happen with the right to own arms.

Anyone that tries to disarm me and my fellow citizens or commit acts of tyranny.

I will defend the constitution/bill of rights against all enemies foreign or domestic.

LOl! Maybe you can get a job with Alex jones and the other drama queens. LOL! Did you have a silent tear as you said "to the last bullet", or were you screaming it while gasping for breath?

Good God man, get a hold on yourself, it's so ridiculous for people to say they can't live without a gun.

Clean water, clean air and fertile soil.. and you wax all desperate over a piece of paper with writing on it.

Dear Lady if this were a perfect world your words would be true. If you could trust your Government it would be helpful.

You must stop thinking we as a country are living in Christ and look at your leaders and also the history of all who could not defend themselves. Maybe you need to watch a movie like Red Dawn (2012 film). What do you think would happen if our country were invaded?

In 1931, Weimar authorities discovered plans for a Nazi takeover in which Jews would be denied food and persons refusing to surrender their guns within 24 hours would be executed. They were written by Werner Best, a future Gestapo official. In reaction to such threats, the government authorized the registration of all firearms and the confiscation thereof, if required for “public safety.

read more

Red Dawn haha - this is hilarious. Yes kids, forget history, forget books, forget common sense - go check out one of the worst movies ever made instead - The arrogance and the ignorance of the man.
edit on 27-3-2018 by Elvis_Is_Dead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I think that the elites who run this society are not anti-gun. I believe them to be pro-gun, but only enough to fight one another and every now and then get one into the hands of the coo coos to create a little mayhem.

The managed to get even the Australians dreamed I doubt our leaders are under a different agenda.

As far as the military it would all depend on how many are with the public and how many will follow orders against.

Have you checked out the number of lives saved per year by guns?
edit on 27-3-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elvis_Is_Dead

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

read more

Red Dawn haha - this is hilarious. Yes kids, forget history, forget books, forget common sense - go check out one of the worst movies ever made instead - The arrogance and the ignorance of the man.

I am pretty sure my tastes would never be yours in anything and I find that a good thing.

We are very arrogant in USA. It is not impossible but certainly not our main worry.

Lt. Col. Jack Mohr

He headed the Citizen's Emergency Defense System which was the militia of the Christian Patriots Defense League which he co-founded with John Robert Harrell. The Citizen's Emergency Defense ...

For over five years I have been giving out Intelligence information regarding a possible Communist takeover of Mexico and the dangers it would pose for the United States. My efforts have been met with everything from incredulity to scorn. When I first printed eye-witness reports of Soviet armor near the Border with Mexico, south of Laredo, Texas, I was challenged over and over again: "Give us your source of information.'' Of course, this was impossible, since information sources dry up when their source is exposed. I have been asked for documentation on these charges from everyone from critics to members of the American Legion who say:

This pamphlet was written to emphasize some of the points I have tried to make over the years, plus a few new ones. Much of this information comes from a copyrighted Intelligence Report written by Russel Gregory Thatcher. He has been making documented analytical reports on this critical situation since the spring of 1976 and has submitted many of them to the U.S. Military and government. Since it is impossible for me to show you the documents in this leaflet, I suggest you write to him for full particulars, complete with photos and documentation. Send to A.C.C. Services, P.O. Box 529, Navasota, TX 77868. Ask for INTELLIGENCE REPORT on secret Soviet/Mexican preparations for a Red Dawn attack on the United States.

israelect.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

Excellent point runner, and likely you are correct, that an armed insurrection would not find a unified military opposing them .
However, didn't you know there would be a ''however", should things get to that point, where military personal were called out against civilians, society would have devolved to the point that even though they were American citizens being fired upon, they could be considered ''enemy''. But more than that in all likelyhood the really powerful weaponry available to the military would not be in the hands of the ''regular'' soldiers but rather under remote control by only the most loyal and hardened ''order followers'' who's aligence would be to the hierarchy as the ''true'' representatives of the constitution.

I mean, who really is to say here. Look at those cops in Sacramento, hired to protect and serve the community yet they gunned down a guy with no weapon in his grandmothers back yard. And riddled him. They used him for their own bloodlust. He was an American Citizen too, yet they used him for target practice.

But we don't know about any of this really, I know I don't, I can only surmise. And it is my supposition that the more powerful weapons that vehement 2nd supporters contend are necessary for defense against a rogue government would be ineffectual in that struggle.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join