It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Story About Possible Interfernce In U.S. Election.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Nah, if you knew anything about me / my body of work you'd know my everlasting beef is with the Tech Giant's (Google in particular but Facebook a close second).

But keep spinning it back into a purely left/right false narrative.

The fact is the "right" just doesnt make me want to burn them to the ground as much as the "left" does, these days, nor do they give me the kind of ammo to do so. The "left" on the other hand, especially you "Team Democrat Talking Points" types, just cant stop rubbing me wrong and giving me the ammo likewise.

Now does that make me "right" or you WRONG?!?

edit on 19-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Right on cue from a thread I did this morning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here again we see people shocked at this bombshell, that a right wing source used a very small fraction of facebook data to influence elections.

Nevermind that Facebook itself is in cahoots with the democrats, as even Obama staffers have admitted.
Same old song and dance.

ijr.com...

Just like a few thousand twitter bots is a huge deal that stole an election, but the people that run twitter censoring conservatives and being in the bag for democrats is perfectly ok.

So I assume that all of the people saying this is a big deal are also outraged at Facebook itself exponentially larger datamining efforts that they use to influence elections for democrats and other left wing parties.

I look forward to your calls for ending Facebook doing this, and decrying their censorship of conservative voices!

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: DogStarIn1066

The DNC in cahoots with Facebook and Google.

External mining of Facebook profile data VS. in direct cahoots with Facebook's full spectrum data PLUS Google search etc etc etc etc etc etc etc data...

NO comparison.

I am just starting research on this topic. I have read some Guardian articles. Got another source?

link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
The problem isn’t Cambridge Analytica: It’s Facebook

It's both of them, everybody already knows that from some time back. Snowden already acknowledged that too, if you only had the brains to understand what he was saying.
Of course there are others, but this is about a political campaign/s being choreographed to have an end game for certain entities, in a specific political purpose, and it went on for ages, where even the most ridicules story was fair play.

link   

You guys act like they're getting fried for manipulating people.

HINT: They're not. They can't because facebook, Google, Democrat agencies, etc., all do the exact same thing Cambridge was doing.

The thing Cambridge did that was illegal was in how they acquired the data from facebook.

Now, I agree that datamining and everything else is dodgy and underhanded, but you can't fry Cambridge for doing it and then pretend everyone else's sh1t smells like honeysuckle.
edit on 19-3-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   
The bottom line seems to be that ...
Robert Mercer hired C/A to .. y'know,...
help "The Donald"

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Eff.

Where to even begin...

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I'd like to know why Democrats and Liberal Media think that most Americans are too stupid to study candidates, and vote intelligently.

link   

a reply to: crtrvt

Okay, what exactly did they do with the externally mined data that is illegal? That even begins to compare to the electioneering activities of the tech giant's the external mining was performed on?

Are you incapable of reading any information OP linked? Or are you trying to be cute? Hint: you're not.

link   
a reply to: Grambler

...: that a right wing source used a very small fraction of facebook data to influence elections."

Exactly . the Reps and Dems BOTH do . The Covert , or in this case , Overt Use of Data to Manipulate the Masses . Karl Marx would be Proud...........

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Okay, what exactly did they do with the externally mined data that is illegal? That even begins to compare to the electioneering activities of the tech giant's the external mining was performed on?

I have not made up my mind about this yet. But it looks like proof of slow, incremental attitude changes over time at the individual and group level.

Brainwashing? Not quite. But he have seen some dramatic changes in attitudes and values in the last few years.

I spend a few days in this, I think.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Actually, in this thread:
I pasted in a bunch of my then-recent notes about Google being in cahoots with the CIA / Obama administration, etc. Facebook has a similar list. Then they exposed themselves even further during the whole "FAKE NEWS" (anti-SJW / anti-war anti-DNC / anti-Obama / anti-Hillary) sites / videos / viewpoints melodrama just after the election. Samer story with Twitter, and some of the other ones. Then look at the universal pro-DNC thing with Silicon Valley and SJW organizations, DNC campaign funding, and so on. Totally one sided.

And because it is, its a THREAT to our Republic. TO have the whole lot of them, them who are the biggest social engineering threats this Century (if not of all time) totally in the bag for one side (no matter which side) IS A THREAT TO OUR REPUBLIC.

It shouldn't take a political rival to see this, for someone to criticize it shouldnt inherently be labelled the opposition team, and anyone on a team would surely go bonkers if it were the other team (meaning to support it because its their team makes them the most jagged tooth rat fink hypocrite possible).

edit on 19-3-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Maybe they wouldn’t if people were smarter than to fall for their bull snip. I haven’t seen one person run in my lifetime that is worth my vote. I hope that soon something changes and shakes up our entire system so that maybe but not likely we get a REAL runner.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou I would also like to add that both party news networks do the same.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

OP didnt describe anything just posted a bunch of links (borderline violation of T&C) when I had looked at it. So I scrolled down to finally see someone talking about what OP is up in arms about.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Watch the video.
That's the head of Cambridge Analytica, Alexander Nix, talking about:

•bribing politicians + capturing it on video for leverage
•sending girls to seduce opposition candidates - for example, Ukrainian girls
•these are examples of what can be done, and what has been done
•things don't have to be true - as long as they're believed
•creating fake IDs/websites to avoid detection

Cambridge Analytica was founded by Steve Bannon and Robert Mercer.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

We ALL Need to be " CLEARED " ..........It Infects Us All Mentally in some Calculated Way I Suppose .

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Nah, if you knew anything about me / my body of work you'd know my everlasting beef is with the Tech Giant's (Google in particular but Facebook a close second).

But keep spinning it back into a purely left/right false narrative.

The fact is the "right" just doesnt make me want to burn them to the ground as much as the "left" does, these days, nor do they give me the kind of ammo to do so. The "left" on the other hand, especially you "Team Democrat Talking Points" types, just cant stop rubbing me wrong and giving me the ammo likewise.

Now does that make me "right" or you WRONG?!?

I am not seeing this as left or right. Maybe Trumps folks just used it better this time around.

Did not vote for Trump or Clinton, any Cinton, ever. I try to be fair, but will call folks out.

This is a tool that if what they are saying is true, really impacts our lives.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Channel 4 is apparently airing another video tomorrow night specifically in regards to Cambridge Analytica's involvement with the Trump Campaign and the 2016 election.

posted on Mar, 19 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Right on cue from a thread I did this morning.

Here again we see people shocked at this bombshell, that a right wing source used a very small fraction of facebook data to influence elections.

Nevermind that Facebook itself is in cahoots with the democrats, as even Obama staffers have admitted.
Same old song and dance.

ijr.com...

Just like a few thousand twitter bots is a huge deal that stole an election, but the people that run twitter censoring conservatives and being in the bag for democrats is perfectly ok.

So I assume that all of the people saying this is a big deal are also outraged at Facebook itself exponentially larger datamining efforts that they use to influence elections for democrats and other left wing parties.

I look forward to your calls for ending Facebook doing this, and decrying their censorship of conservative voices!

End facebook.

Happy now?

I don't use it, or twitter, or any of the other sites that give away my data.

So make them all go away for all I care. Maybe help things in the long run.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join