It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Issue Loading Site

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Was in last night, and no problems, but this evening, when trying to load the site, kept getting "reload" notices on the browser, and it took a lot of tries to even be able to click to log in. Very odd, and never seen this before. No browser changes, either, so no idea why it's acting like that. Some add issue, maybe? If there is one that is trying to redirect, that could cause such a thing. Whatever it is, just letting ya'll know, so someone can look for problems.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Are you on mobile?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I've had the same problem for about a week now.

Does not matter if I'm in FF or GC.

Sorry you're having the same issues.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I did all kinds of troubleshooting on it..

I narrowed it down to a hop on the way in that's droping 50% of packets intermittently using my ISP and OpenDNSs nameservers. Using Google's nameservers is marginally better.

It's a data center in Texas (probably effects the Midwest) ran by Level3 (i don't remember the IP, but it started with a 4.16..). Also odd was that Google's other nameserver (8.8.4.4) was down when I was testing.

So there's a routing table that's out on that nameserver.

If you "bounce around" with Tor, Tor Browser or other proxy the speeds are much better.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Was in last night, and no problems, but this evening, when trying to load the site, kept getting "reload" notices on the browser, and it took a lot of tries to even be able to click to log in. Very odd, and never seen this before. No browser changes, either, so no idea why it's acting like that. Some add issue, maybe? If there is one that is trying to redirect, that could cause such a thing. Whatever it is, just letting ya'll know, so someone can look for problems.

Amazed people still login and out.....bookmark your signed in page...ta do..no loading issues... many of us never log in any site...and never ever have issues!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Amazed people still login and out.....bookmark your signed in page...ta do..no loading issues... many of us never log in any site...and never ever have issues!

Oh my God... just.... no....

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Are you on mobile?

Nope, on a PC. No issues since I logged on, but never saw that before tonight.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
I've had the same problem for about a week now.

Does not matter if I'm in FF or GC.

Sorry you're having the same issues.

Well, hopefully, they can find the problem. Didn't see it last night at all, but tonight, there it was.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj

I did all kinds of troubleshooting on it..

I narrowed it down to a hop on the way in that's droping 50% of packets intermittently using my ISP and OpenDNSs nameservers. Using Google's nameservers is marginally better.

It's a data center in Texas (probably effects the Midwest) ran by Level3 (i don't remember the IP, but it started with a 4.16..). Also odd was that Google's other nameserver (8.8.4.4) was down when I was testing.

So there's a routing table that's out on that nameserver.

If you "bounce around" with Tor, Tor Browser or other proxy the speeds are much better.

Ah, that would explain it!! Google....of course!! We can blame them! At least it's not a hack on the sit or something.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I just tried to come back in again - I had to log in and out in both FF and GC twice to get 'er done.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I am perhaps funny about that, but I don't leave anything logged in, at all. Not even sites I use daily. No saved passwords, none of that. I don't think a simple bookmark saves that way on my browser, since it's set to not remember passwords, and cookies are, as a rule, deleted when the browser is closed.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I have problems posting and hit "reply" and the page goes white and says "timed out" or something to that effect, it seems to happen on Firefox more than explorer.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Similar issues here. Whenever connected to wifi ats wont load passed 20%.
edit on 14-3-2018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This site has became extremely laggy.

Sometimes it will run just fine then it might just not load up a page.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Why or why not?

Who is going to read your U2U's when you're not online... I'm sure Springer sits there patiently waiting for you to log out anyway, to get the good goss !!!

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I am perhaps funny about that, but I don't leave anything logged in, at all. Not even sites I use daily. No saved passwords, none of that. I don't think a simple bookmark saves that way on my browser, since it's set to not remember passwords, and cookies are, as a rule, deleted when the browser is closed.

You make it exceedingly cumbersome to use the actual internet then, for yourself. Why not just use a virtual machine and restore it back to the first use every time you log on?

Would be safer, no chance of any remnants there.

Serious question too..

I don't truly understand the levels some people go to, if I were using TOR and accessing the darkweb, sure, I'd only use a vm. just in case I hit upon a site that flagged me as something. But I don't care for 75baud information. no matter how juicy it is.

Worst I've had is facebook tell me my account was logged into by someone from china, and they blocked the account access. Bloody chinese.. so much hackers and msg.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Full size: files.abovetopsecret.com...

To be clear - this isn't ATS's fault, nor the fault of a local provider. It's a spot in between your ISP and ATS (your route) and it's likely affecting an entire region.

With a dig and a whois on the IP, I got a few Level3 numbers to call.. I spoke with customer service, they were unable to help (naturally). So I called the DC and spoke with the NOC. I informed them and they are looking into it.

It's likely a malformed entry in a routing table, there's a way to force update the table but it takes time. It could also be aging hardware - either way it may be a day or two (or longer) before it's resolved.

If you run a server, you can create a simple relay using PHP. This works for me but most probably don't have a server.. So you can use a local I2P instance to proxy your traffic, or..

..The fastest, least technical way to comfortably browse ATS for those that are effected is to use the Tor Browser (firefox). It's a well-respected standalone browser (just download and open, no install) that will send your traffic outside the US, then back in again - therefore forcing a different path to ATS and skipping the failing path (also makes you more anonymous).

Here's Tor's webpage where you can download the version for your platform (Linux, Mac or Windows).
www.torproject.org...

Hopefully my call to the NOC will do the trick and we'll be back to full-speed ads in no time!

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Years ago.. Springer I believed...reaffirmed the staying logged in.. So I have.. Months at a time.

Never any issues.. So... Just tryin' to help

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Let me just say.. I'm signed into 7 emails, 2 browsers.. and without counting.. Some 12-13 websites..

Never any issues... And have done this for years.. CLICK... and I'm there.

Just something to consider... And I did get that idea from the mods here...

Hey! Good luck!

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

You make it exceedingly cumbersome to use the actual internet then, for yourself. Why not just use a virtual machine and restore it back to the first use every time you log on?

Would be safer, no chance of any remnants there.

Serious question too..

I don't truly understand the levels some people go to, if I were using TOR and accessing the darkweb, sure, I'd only use a vm. just in case I hit upon a site that flagged me as something. But I don't care for 75baud information. no matter how juicy it is.

Worst I've had is facebook tell me my account was logged into by someone from china, and they blocked the account access. Bloody chinese.. so much hackers and msg.

I don't have issues, though, very often. Usually just site-related, such as in this case, and those aren't common. Cookies don't do much beyond a login, and those, I prefer to do each time. If someone picks up my system, they can't be logged in as me, that way. Plus, too many cookies can make a browser really lag. So, clearing them makes more sense. I don't want targeted ads, and if I do shop online, I want to search myself, not have some program decide what I need to see. I don't like sites like Google tracking all I do, either, so they are blocked totally on my main browser.

Not really familiar with dark web stuff, as far as that goes. Yeah, know it's there, but can't imagine why I would ever want or need anything there.

I had someone in China use my email for spam, but that's it for that sort of thing. That time, was from a Yahoo overseas IP. Go figure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join