It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shannon Watts (gun control activist) makes a fool of herself

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: face23785
Update: I brought this to Dana Loesch's attention on Twitter. I'm sure she'll have a field day with this.

Fairly sure Watts has already banned Dana. Dana spoke of a list of weak Twits that blocked her (most after they, themselves, had put Dana on blast) and Watts sounds like a familiar name.

Yeah, Watts does have her blocked. That's why I sent her the piece. She replied, said she hadn't seen it yet, but she found it hilarious. Hopefully she'll cover it on her show tomorrow, I could use a good laugh.

I am blocked by Watts as well. Watts or whoever handles her Twitter account literally blocks anyone who corrects her misinformation-laden tweets. I imagine so her followers don't see the correct information.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
As an Old Country Boy , why would anyone want to sink that much into a rat rifle ? And , a .22 rimfire doesnt even phase a rat most of the time.....

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
As an Old Country Boy , why would anyone want to sink that much into a rat rifle ? And , a .22 rimfire doesnt even phase a rat most of the time.....

I had the same reaction. I have a .22 rifle, it's a Marlin XT-22 I think it was a whole $200. Works just fine. Why all the flashiness?

The marketing is that they want younger shooters to get a bit of a feel for a modern sporting rifle while still getting the easy recoil of the .22. I suppose if that works for ya, buy it. I think they made it just because they think more people will buy it if it looks like that.

It's hilarious how Watts essentially fell for a clever marketing scheme.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The .22 lr kills more people yearly than any other ammo.

My daily carry is a S&W .22c , why? You may ask...

Because I'm a surgeon with a .22, I can put one in your eye at 200 yrds. and can still hear just fine afterwards.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I dont know about that. I think it is for newbies in general that have no concept and money to waste...

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I dont know about that. I think it is for newbies in general that have no concept and money to waste...

Yeah I do too. I was saying that's the marketing reasons the manufacturer gives for why they make it. They can't say "we designed this to appeal to know-nothings who will buy it because it looks cool and fools gun control activists into thinking it's a Galactic Empire superweapon".

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

The .22 lr kills more people yearly than any other ammo.

My daily carry is a S&W .22c , why? You may ask...

Because I'm a surgeon with a .22, I can put one in your eye at 200 yrds. and can still hear just fine afterwards.

I've heard that stat too, but I've never seen it sourced from a reliable place. Do you have one? Not being a smartass here, I'd just like to see it if you have one. I can certainly imagine it being a legit statistic because of the large number of people who own one and the way some people treat it like it's barely a real gun and don't practice safety quite as religiously with it. In addition, I know a fair number of women who carry one for self defense.

I fully support people carrying .22. A small, light concealed carry with low recoil that you can pump out follow-up shots like it's no tomorrow with? Hell yeah. Better than nothing, that's for sure.
Carry on.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

The stats are hard to find now.

They didn't used to be.

Ever since the Vegas shooting.....

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Snickers bars are too square to pass for a turd.

Baby Ruth bars are the thing to use.

On topic, gun grabbers want every gun banned, even toy guns.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Hillarious, I noticed the BX25 Ruger plastic magazine instantly...Lookout squirels somebody had 300$ to pimp out a freaking plinker

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Isn't the point being made that this is a gun that's designed to look a way that appeals to the immature who have watched aliens to many times and probably take selfies stripped to the waist with the rifle balanced on their hip.

It's less about the capability of the rifle than the marketing. The same way that tobacco firms are heavily restricted in how they brand their product. (assuming that's the case in the US as well).

And before anyone says I am just being anti gun I think the gun control lobby's obsession with assault rifles and magazine size is completely stupid.
edit on 13-3-2018 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Snickers bars are too square to pass for a turd.

Baby Ruth bars are the thing to use.

On topic, gun grabbers want every gun banned, even toy guns.

What gun grabbers, there likely as many gun grabbers as there are kkk members.
Most people that are somewhere in the middle would simply like to see some commonsense.

Sadly thats not possible as the extremists are clinging so tightly to their side they can't see anything else.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Isn't the point being made that this is a gun that's designed to look a way that appeals to the immature who have watched aliens to many times and probably take selfies stripped to the waist with the rifle balanced on their hip.

It's less about the capability of the rifle than the marketing. The same way that tobacco firms are heavily restricted in how they brand their product. (assuming that's the case in the US as well).

And before anyone says I am just being anti gun I think the gun control lobby's obsession with assault rifles and magazine size is completely stupid.

This is because people are gullible.

Years ago my friend had a Honda civic, it was all the rage 20 odd years ago to have a fat exhaust that made the car louder and look fatter, so my mate takes it to the mechanic with the request, the guy looks at him and asks " you want full wank or half wank mate ? (2 1/2 inch or 3 inch respectively) he went for the half wank .
edit on 13-3-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed
edit on 13-3-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Years ago my friend had a Honda civic, it was all the rage 20 odd years ago to have a fat exhaust, so my mate takes it to the mechanic with the request, the guy looks at him and asks " you want full wank or half wank mate ? (2 1/2 inch or 3 inch respectively) he went for the half wank .

I had a mate with the same car (but I think he went full wank).

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Don't Do It!!

DB's wife has him on a diet and he just wants to dive for Snickers.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

No. The point was she was trying to demonstrate that 18 year olds can go into a gun store and buy a super dangerous rifle, and she chose one of the least dangerous rifles because she lacks even basic knowledge. She has no business lecturing anyone on guns, much less being head of a gun control lobbying group.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Years ago my friend had a Honda civic, it was all the rage 20 odd years ago to have a fat exhaust that made the car louder and look fatter, so my mate takes it to the mechanic with the request, the guy looks at him and asks " you want full wank or half wank mate ? (2 1/2 inch or 3 inch respectively) he went for the half wank .
edit on 13-3-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I remember that. I don't recall anyone suggesting we ban Honda Civics because of a silly cosmetic accessory that doesn't actually make the car any faster or more dangerous. That's the problem here. Gun control people want certain guns regulated based on the way they look, rather than how they perform. That's just absurd and as long as they keep insisting on that, there is no compromise to be had. Their own insistence on remaining ignorant on this topic is keeping us from moving forward.
edit on 13 3 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

No. The point was she was trying to demonstrate that 18 year olds can go into a gun store and buy a super dangerous rifle, and she chose one of the least dangerous rifles because she lacks even basic knowledge. She has no business lecturing anyone on guns, much less being head of a gun control lobbying group.

Isn't the campaign with regard all gun sales to under 21s regardless of how 'dangerous' it is?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: DBCowboy
Ya well I want the IQ to be determined of anyone that doesn’t know how to properly smoke meat. We all want things. Kinda like how I want to throw a snickers into a public pool.

Baby Ruth is a better choice due to its chunky profile.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Isn't the campaign with regard all gun sales to under 21s regardless of how 'dangerous' it is?

I addressed this in the OP.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join