It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS - Prime Minister Theresa May Says it's highly likely Russia is responsible for the ch

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
Uh huh... so Russia would use a chemical which not only failed to kill the targets but could be easily traced back to them. Who actually would believe that?

I'd guess the same people that believe a Russian cyber operation would only take place during Moscow business hours from a Russian IP address and leave a trail back to a known Russian hacking group.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: woodward2
Although possible, I am not quite ready to assume that level of ignorance from Russian field agents.

Generally speaking, if there is a neat and tidy trail of bread crumbs, they were left there on purpose.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodward2
I agree. Something definitely doesn't add up here.

In the case of Litvinenko the radiation was all over the place, including being traced to where it was mixed. It also took two attempts to poison him. In this case we don't know the circumstances of the contamination, or indeed whether there was just one attempt, or more than one.

With limited information available nothing adds up at the moment.
edit on 12/3/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

You would think that but justice was never served for Litvinenko.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
With limited information available nothing adds up at the moment.

The reason it never adds up is because western media skews the story to fit the profit margin.

What sounds better?

Former FSB agent murdered by former FSB agent.

Former FSB agent murdered by Russia.

One of these has evidence that points to it being the most likely scenario (and the one actually pursued on paper by the foreign governments involved), and one of these sells papers, public perceptions be damned.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Soooo, that could mean anything, as I am sure some black marketers were on site ASAP as well. Perhaps before the US got there. Makes me wonder about those suitcase nukes.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

I'm also of the opinion that the "trail of breadcrumbs" is too obvious. But the question is, who left it and why?

Either someone trying to implicate Moscow, or Moscow saying "we didn't do this wink wink, but don't be a traitor, you're not safe" (as broadcast pretty blatantly on state TV).

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
The reason it never adds up is because western media skews the story to fit the profit margin.

It's called speculation and plausibility. If the Russians had not murdered Litvinenko the media would have nbeen less likely to put the Russians in the equation. However, it looks like speculation that Russia was involved was not too far from the mark, eh?

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodward2
I'm also of the opinion that the "trail of breadcrumbs" is too obvious. But the question is, who left it and why?

Either someone trying to implicate Moscow, or Moscow saying "we didn't do this wink wink, but don't be a traitor, you're not safe" (as broadcast pretty blatantly on state TV).

If I was a betting man? Implicate Moscow.

As for Moscow sending messages...this would be the diminishing the fear compared to the threats they are more then capable of acting on. Aka: the pleasant way compared to the SVR way.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Putin seems to be in an, I dont give a flip, mode lately, what with this and boasting about hypersonic missiles. Is the Bear feeling threatened and flexing her muscles????

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
Call me skeptical but is not just a bit stupid to use such a high risk means of assassination, I said the same thing in yesterdays thread that it just seems a bit off.

What was it, find the hardest and most risky way to off someone in the office power point production... The guy is still alive for Buddhas sake. Would death by a faulty boiler or car crash not have been easier?..

With all the Russian MSM reports be it Syria, Trump etc etc I wonder what it could all mean with a conspiracy hat on??, ...

RA

Russia: Message sent, message received. The Prime minister: The British people will not import Russian vodka for 90 full day. Take that you red menace.

edit on 12-3-2018 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2018 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
I don't really buy this. Why do something so elaborate as using a Russian brand nerve agent that our government would obviously test and know the source of? Why do it in such a sloppy manner and in public? Would have been easier to follow him home and put a bullet in the back of his head with a silencer. Reeks of false flag/secret service provocation.

Well why did they go to all the trouble with killing Aleksandr Litvinenko with radiation poisoning (polonium-210 in his tea)?
You talk of a "sloppy manner" but the two Russian suspects were able to be traced via that radiation trail. That trail included the hotels that they stayed in and the flights that they took from and to Moscow.

See link for Polonium trails

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

How hard is it to make or buy Russian /Soviet weapons?

We are probably attacking ourselves with Russian junk we can easily replicate.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Why are Americans defending Russia ?

We, the uk are your ally not the Soviets

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Since No. 7 Died , The British have Lost their Way among the Intelligence Communities Around the World . Blimey !

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

I am not defending Russians. I am defending myself from more 9/11's

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
He's an old guy and his spying days are long over. Theresa May reminds me of a greedy hatchling.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Really who knows who it was. Let jump on the blame Russian narrative though.

Its also highly likely that Theresa May used the official secrets act to cover up for pedophila in the British Government. Im sure thats something that is far more relevant to the British people

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

a reply to: tadaman

Why are Americans defending Russia ?

We, the uk are your ally not the Soviets

and why are they not allies because you have been told they are not. Who saved the UK in the second world war. It was not the USA. It was the Russians. Stop buying the bull#

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Highly likely eh.

So a country that participated in the cold war for decades has become a bumbling boris and natasha in the 21st century.

I am having a hard time believing all the snip surrounding Russia for the last year too many Bullwinkle and Rockey's running around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join