It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS - Prime Minister Theresa May Says it's highly likely Russia is responsible for the ch

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Key Points so far:

- The poison used to target a former spy and his daughter was from the Russian-made nerve agent group Novichok, the PM has said.
- It was a direct act from Russia
- A firm response to the attack will be determined pending Russias response on Wednesday.
- Russia has been told to respond by Wednesday. If the response is not received by Wednesday there will be measures taken.
- There is the focus is now on possible contamination at a Sainsbury's store in Salisbury,

Live on Sky News now:
news.sky.com...

BREAKING NEWS - Prime Minister Theresa May Says it's highly likely Russia is responsible for the chemical attack.

The prime minister said the government had concluded it was "highly likely" that Russia was responsible for the attack on Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia in Salisbury on 4 March. She said Russia's ambassador in London had been summoned to explain whether it was "a direct action by the Russian state" or the result of it "losing control" of its stock of nerve agents. The chemical used in the attack, the PM said, has been identified as being part of a group of nerve agents known as "Novichok". Mrs May said Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson had told the ambassador Moscow must "immediately provide full and complete disclosure" of the Novichok programme to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons. She said the UK would consider his response before deciding what action to take, but added: "Should there be no credible response, we will conclude that this action amounts to an unlawful use of force by the Russian state against the United Kingdom."

www.bbc.co.uk...

This is looking very serious as the news breaks furthermore. I will update this thread with further updates.
edit on 12America/Chicagov40pm331 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12America/Chicagov42pm331 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Can we just hurry up and figure out if we're going to nuclear war already?

I'm in the process of getting approved for a mortgage, and I'd rather save my money and not sign a 30 year contract if several countries are going to get wiped off the face of the planet within the next year.

Thanks in advanced, fellow global governments.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
“A firm response...”... Uhhuh...

Soooo... More nonsense sanctions, basically.

Because she/tories/Parliament doesn’t have the balls to declare this as the act of war it clearly is and respond in a physical manner.

The whole of the British public and the authorities at the Kremlin are collectively yawning!

edit on 12-3-2018 by Hazardous1408 because: KGB have redacted part of this message!

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Nuclear war will not come from this at most sanctions.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Nvm. Not worth commenting on. The big bad boogey man Russia did it. Yup. I'll believe it. I don't think for myself.
edit on 12-3-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
We have already said Prince William isn't going to the World Cup.

How much firmer can we get...

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Call me skeptical but is not just a bit stupid to use such a high risk means of assassination, I said the same thing in yesterdays thread that it just seems a bit off.

What was it, find the hardest and most risky way to off someone in the office power point production... The guy is still alive for Buddhas sake. Would death by a faulty boiler or car crash not have been easier?..

With all the Russian MSM reports be it Syria, Trump etc etc I wonder what it could all mean with a conspiracy hat on??, ...

RA

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Uh huh... so Russia would use a chemical which not only failed to kill the targets but could be easily traced back to them. Who actually would believe that?
edit on 12/3/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

We have them quaking in their boots! I'm also sure the team will "back out" after the first few games.

edit on 12-3-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

We have them quaking in their boots! I'm also sure the team will "back out" after the first few games.

Possibly after a penalty shoot out with Germany for maximum impact.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Because she/tories/Parliament doesn’t have the balls to declare this as the act of war it clearly is and respond in a physical manner.

The whole of the British public and the authorities at the Kremlin are collectively yawning!

No doubt Putin is quaking in his boots at the threat of Britain’s Milquetoast response.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

No doubt Putin is quaking in his boots at the threat of Britain’s Milquetoast response.

I believe our response is

1. Send chuckle brothers as official representatives to world cup.

2. Have Boris quote classical poetry to the Russian ambassador.

3. Ban cossack dancing from Britain's got talent.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

With all the Russian MSM reports be it Syria, Trump etc etc I wonder what it could all mean with a conspiracy hat on??, ...

RA

I don't know what it means per se but it's Putin rubbing his naked heini in Mays face. A few football fans will miss a few games.
I bet Putin shivers...
...with laughter.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
Call me skeptical but is not just a bit stupid to use such a high risk means of assassination, I said the same thing in yesterdays thread that it just seems a bit off.

What was it, find the hardest and most risky way to off someone in the office power point production... The guy is still alive for Buddhas sake. Would death by a faulty boiler or car crash not have been easier?..

RA

I think Mad Vlad wanted to show others that he could "reach out" any where if he wanted, but I think his arrogance has back fired on him. By using a weapons grade biological agent, Mad Vlad has proven that he doesn't give a damn about "collateral damage" and doesn't care if we know it.
We may not be able to militarily attack back but the amount of money Russian politicians launder through the London housing market, it's an easy target to get revenge.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

Well I would imagine Putin feels confident enough with his new nuclear weapons that cannot be shot down supposedly.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

Possibly after a penalty shoot out with Germany for maximum impact.

Funniest thing ever, we have an incompetent and idiotic PM who was never even voted in at the helm of this rotting country.

Financial sanctions against Russia will only appear to damage our own economy, military action, I know it won't happen but if it did, then I'm sure the Russians will lose no sleep.

And I heard one of them, I assume a Tory scumbag, saying RT should be removed

This country is a joke

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

I believe our response is

1. Send chuckle brothers as official representatives to world cup.

2. Have Boris quote classical poetry to the Russian ambassador.

3. Ban cossack dancing from Britain's got talent.

We want revenge for a diabolical act, not cause doomsday!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
And don't forget that the UK is a N.A.T.O member, so if this is classed as an attack on the UK it's classed as an attack on all N.A.T.O countries and that's dangerous, very dangerous.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I don't really buy this. Why do something so elaborate as using a Russian brand nerve agent that our government would obviously test and know the source of? Why do it in such a sloppy manner and in public? Would have been easier to follow him home and put a bullet in the back of his head with a silencer. Reeks of false flag/secret service provocation.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Can we just hurry up and figure out if we're going to nuclear war already?

No , we're not going to go to war over this Nuclear or conventional.
Accusations will be leveled and denials made in response then when the dust settles it will be business as usual.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join