It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS - Prime Minister Theresa May Says it's highly likely Russia is responsible for the ch

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
Uh huh... so Russia would use a chemical which not only failed to kill the targets but could be easily traced back to them. Who actually would believe that?

It's actually insulting isn't it.

Total fiction IMO.

Have a look at the UK Governments record on killing it's own Army servicemen decades ago, using...wait for it...NERVE AGENT, decades ago at a Government Chemical weapons laboratory at a place called 'Porton Down'...wanna know where Porton Down is located in the UK?

Would you believe it...SALISBURY!!!

But yeah..the Russians can't off people they have put in Russian prisons for 6 years, can't off people not living or hiding under a pseudonym or false identity quite openly, or can't stage a burglary gone wrong, can't stage a car crash, nor a mugging gone wrong...no, they have to use a chemical weapon with the Soviet Union's name tag all over it...coincidentally, in an area of the entire UK where the UK Government itself holds stocks of Soviet era Nerve agent and stocks of the stuff used to kill our own soldiers decades ago...but that's purely a coincidence isn't it!

Give us a break!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
We all know where Porton down research centre is, it’s no secret or what they have done there and are doing today

The two victims are only alive because of quick action by our emergency services, they are in an induced coma and let’s be frank about this not likely to recover

The fact that British people are siding with Russia on this is not surprising, some people hate their country so enjoy your moment in this thread

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Question about the Novichoc nerve agent the military form of the agent apparently a former Russian Scientist says that even the smallest amount of this agent could affect many in years to come.

My question is why is Public Health UK advising those in the area they are not at risk? and why the hell are they telling anyone that was close to the area to wash clothing, if they're contaminated surely the last thing is washing them in water is the worst idea.

If the nerve agent even at the smallest traces is that bad according to him then it will now be in the water supplies by now? Not to cause public alarm springs to mind.

Spy poisoning: Novichok inventor says hundreds could be at risk for years.
news.sky.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: deviant300
Question about the Novichoc nerve agent the military form of the agent apparently a former Russian Scientist says that even the smallest amount of this agent could affect many in years to come.

My question is why is Public Health UK advising those in the area they are not at risk? and why the hell are they telling anyone that was close to the area to wash clothing, if they're contaminated surely the last thing is washing them in water is the worst idea.

If the nerve agent even at the smallest traces is that bad according to him then it will now be in the water supplies by now? Not to cause public alarm springs to mind.

news.sky.com...

It would get diluted by water and break down in sunlight. It's a type of organophosphate like the pesticides that they used on farms. Basically, bug spray designed for use on humans.

www.politics.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I bet Putin and Kremlin are bricking it big time. It's not implausible that we could have done it ourselves so that we had an excuse to go to war with Russia and teach them who's really in charge.

edit on 13-3-2018 by markprice1 because: To add another sentence pertinent to my first sentence.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: deviant300

news.sky.com...

It would get diluted by water and break down in sunlight. It's a type of organophosphate like the pesticides that they used on farms. Basically, bug spray designed for use on humans.

www.politics.co.uk...

Yeap and it's NOT administered in Powdered form (Newspapers love to print crap!), it comes as two separate ingredients one is Liquid (the beers in he restaurant) the other is administered as a Vapor (e-Cig!) after the beer! Washing your clothes down and spraying the street down is pointless public fear-mongering and deliberate misinformation.

So the guy who took the photo of them celebrating in the place in the first place, where's that obnoxious British Media assassin & cock gone!

Ask the Communist's what happened and they'll tell you to your face, the Americans weakened cryptography, then Sergei Magnitsky sold a load of Stolen YUKO's Oil bonds to Jacob Rothschild and now both the Americans and the British are whining like a little Bitch because the Soviets wont let them use there Bank. Whilst the guy who's now in Office is begging the DUMA and the Chinese for Loans!

"Little Rocket Man!" && "Fire & Fury!" followed up with him now coming around like the weak whiped capitalist imperialist dog that he is going "Eh, Kim old chum can we talk?"
edit on 13-3-2018 by micromark because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
We have already said Prince William isn't going to the World Cup.

How much firmer can we get...

I know, I just about fainted when I heard such dreadful news! But do not fret, I'm sure they are still sending incredible gift baskets to all the opposing teams, even more luxurious because of the Prince's absence, because that would just be rude not to! It's bad enough that the peasants wont be able to bask in the presence of a royal, suckling off his radiant energy... that could have sustained them for years to come, with no need of food, water, sunlight or sleep, they will need nothing except they will have an unquenchable thirst for hard labor of any kind.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
We all know where Porton down research centre is, it’s no secret or what they have done there and are doing today

The two victims are only alive because of quick action by our emergency services, they are in an induced coma and let’s be frank about this not likely to recover

The fact that British people are siding with Russia on this is not surprising, some people hate their country so enjoy your moment in this thread

Some people may well hate their country, I on the other hand LOVE mine.

What i absolutely LOATHE however, are lying, corrupt ministers and Public representatives, whose sole remit is to serve we Britons, and make decisions and take HONEST actions that are solely in OUR interests. Constantly lying about Russia, despite being completely dishonourable, is seriously not accomplishing or fulfilling that Public given remit, in any real sense of the word.

Politically motivated boundless accusations, the ceaseless patronising of MY countryfolk, whereby expecting us to swallow any old contrived drivel as fact where no pertinent facts are presented, complete absence of common logic coupled with the only tangible effort from those corrupt arrogant arses in the commons, is to repeat the lies with gusto and repetition as often as possible...is NOT presenting an open and honest case, and is both worrisome and extremely insulting to any right minded observer, considering the so-called formula for the Soviet era nerve agent has been 'in the open' for decades, available to any nation or organisation with the will and resources to replicate it.

Porton Down also has stocks of this nerve agent of course, and is literally right in the locale under discussion in Salisbury.

I take issue with your claim that "we all know where Porton Down is, and its history is no secret".

Many, many people here in the UK and abroad will have absolutely NO idea where Porton Down is, or indeed what goes on there...many more will have no inkling that chemical weapons research has been ongoing there for many decades, and of the secret testing of nerve agents / poisons extremely similar to that reported by our Government in the topic at hand, being used there on our own naive and uninformed and deceived national guard / National service soldiers, some of which died a miserable death as a result.

As you claim to know the history of Porton Down chemical weapons labs, the irony of the coincidence at least, ought not be lost on you - especially considering the Governmental lies and criminal deceit decades ago associated with those labs are demonstrable and on the record, it is not, in any fashion stretching credulity to even a small degree to realise Governments DO lie and lie often concerning that facility...and of course politically motivated lies are thick and fast concerning Russia.

The simple truth is, Russia could have killed the double agent and Russian traitor Skripal at any point since 2005, he was in a Russian prison for a full six years before being exchanged for a prisoner being held here in Britain. Since the prisoner exchange, Skripal has lived in the open, not in hiding and not under a false identity...if the Russians were frothing at the mouth to bump him off, i'm sure you would agree it would have been a simple matter at any point during either his imprisonment or the years after his release, should that have been so.

So according to our Government, we are expected to suspend disbelief to the point of retardation, and consider it a fact that Russia, should they have chosen to assassinate Skripal on a whim, whose agents could have used ANY run of the mill method to dispose of this Man, a fake robbery, a car accident, a heart attack, a mugging, a disagreement in a bar, a gas explosion, a boating accident...in fact, use your imagination, but instead choose to utilise a Soviet era chemical weapon, with bio-signatures in it's very make-up that point right back to Russia to murder him?

This fiction is essentially the same in principle, as a murderer using a knife to stab his victim to death, but also conveniently and helpfully including the murderers name and address engraved into the knife blade itself for the authorities to find buried in the victims chest!

Of course, that makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever...none, unless it's a pack of lies planned and used as a preamble to more political manoeuvring and who knows what else planned for the coming months, none of which i suspect has any basis in serving the best interests of the British Public.

And no...i am not enjoying 'my moment' as you put it, having to talk about these distasteful matters...i would however greatly enjoy an honest British Government who didn't imagine poor quality and senseless propagandising would be just arbitrarily accepted by the British people without critical thinking or comment while we all reach for our collective pitchforks.

That is of course, if you really want to know.

edit on 13 3 2018 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Read a fascinating article over the weekend by a senior intelligence anaylst (speciality Russia) that basically stated that even if it was Russia Putin may actually not have been aware.

In essence, he was saying that even during the height of the Cold War, Russia was still part of the international community. Now though, owing to various sanctions over the last 15-20 years, Russia has been frozen out. This has resulted in the modern Russian intelligence service not playing by the same rules as the rest of the world. The "accepted norms" dont apply, giving rise to a rogue element.

If true, that is self created (Western world) nightmare scenario.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Yes, I think the Public has the right to know, that they embezzled through the "Communist" communications system's of the Bank of America and that unfortunately for them once those Bonds where stolen the Saudi's blew up the World Trade Center in retaliation thinking they'd been Robbed by Americans when in fact they where Robbed by the British GCHQ & NSA combined in there "We're going to own the planet!" expose. Meanwhile every single "POS" or Point of Sale was recorded onto Forensic Disks that logged the Crime in Progress at the Bank because originally under Stalin that same system was used by the Soviet Secret Police to mass-murder millions of Soviet's until they added the Encryption in the 1980's after the Watergate scandal and turned it into a System to Monitor and Record all transactions into and out of the Bank.

They warned these guys... They knew he was a defaulter on his LOAN's he'd already welshed out of paying them back once already!

They've enjoyed good relations with the Soviets since the 13th November 1933 then along comes one embezzling little wall-street prick!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I have no idea if this is connected or not, but I have just come off a radio show I am on once a month. A fellow Brit who co-hosts the show is based in London.
He couldn't make the first half hour of the show as the BT Internet network for the whole of London, Swindon (very near to Salisbury) and a few other odd locations all went down for 45 minutes tonight. That would have been between 6.30 and 7.30.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
Read a fascinating article over the weekend by a senior intelligence anaylst (speciality Russia) that basically stated that even if it was Russia Putin may actually not have been aware.

In essence, he was saying that even during the height of the Cold War, Russia was still part of the international community. Now though, owing to various sanctions over the last 15-20 years, Russia has been frozen out. This has resulted in the modern Russian intelligence service not playing by the same rules as the rest of the world. The "accepted norms" dont apply, giving rise to a rogue element.

If true, that is self created (Western world) nightmare scenario.

Nope, I think you'll find the EU directive is there will be no weakening encryption, but all your hearing out of America and the UK is repeated demands to do it, if you didn't realize the entire banking system belongs to the Soviets and the DUMA then more fool you. Contrary to what America thinks, it's not the greatest country in the World and neither is the UK they're just not looking forwards to having to explain they are no longer an economic power and embezzling and passing the buck wont work for them anymore. There days are numbered! Sitting there prattling on about Regulating "The Communist Parties Intellectual Property" ha, you might as well try to vacuum sand out of the desert!

@Jane
BT Internet - LOL you should research BT Internet Backdoors and who put them there!

The absolute blistering ignorance and hubris of most American college graduates "We invented the internet!" - No! You didn't - The Soviets did!

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

To add to this Skripal daughter returned from Russia a day before they both got attacked as alleged. (Time line below) from BBC News).

Answers they should be looking for:

What was Yulia doing during her visit to Russia?

Did she came in to contact with someone in Russia and/or during her return to the UK?

The nerve agent was either released at the upper car par or Bishop's Mill pub but considering the nerve agent higher potency on skin contact or inhalation surely they would be critical within a few minutes after the point of contact?

This leads to maybe the nerve agent was ingested considering the effects of the nerve agent take longer if ingested. If so how was it administered? A laced meal or drink(s). Laced drink seems more plausible. It's likely they went to Bishop's Mill Pub to have a drink before heading to Zizis for food.
__

Yulia Skripal flew into London's Heathrow Airport on a flight from Russia at about 14:40 GMT on 3 March
On 4 March, at about 13:40 GMT, Mr Skripal and his daughter arrived at the Sainbury's upper level car park in Salisbury city centre Police said the pair went to the Bishop's Mill pub before going to Zizzi restaurant at 14:20 GMT, staying until 15:35 GMT

At 16:15 GMT emergency services received the first report of an incident Police found the pair on a bench outside Zizzi restaurant in an "extremely serious condition". A police officer who fell ill after attending the incident - Det Sgt Nick Bailey - was also taken to hospital and remains in a serious condition

Det Sgt Nick Bailey remains in hospital
Of the 38 people who have been seen in hospital in relation to the incident, 34 have been discharged
Only Mr Skripal, his daughter Yulia and Det Sgt Bailey remain in hospital. One person is being monitored as an outpatient but is not showing any signs of exposure

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Its now being reported the nerve toxin was smeared
on Skripals red BMW car door. This is a very typical way
to administer a toxin.

Whomever it was had to know his daughter was
visiting with him, and she would also then
be poisoned.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I totally agree. Everyone is ignoring the elephant in the room situated only about 10miles away. Wouldn't put it past our own MI6 to take out an old Russian asset to point the finger at Russia and create more Russia-phobia all the while it is likely not definite and is of the family of the Russian nerve agent not the actual Russian nerve agent. How do we know our government even knows what it is? They might not know and are just picking something to stick it to Russia with and lying to us. Not like that never happens, is it?

Sadly I can only give you one star, would have given you more had it been possible.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: deviant300

If Theresa May says Russia is responsible i imagine its a blatant self-serving lie.

She does that you know, often and in plain sight, kind of her bag really.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Lots of countries, non of whom are Russia, are now going to do very well out of this entire incident.

I start to get very suspicious when the 'baddie' is set to gain nothing from their naughty behaviour.

I'm not pro russian btw, I'm 100% pro my own country (the uk), I've just started to develop serious doubts as to whether the russians really had anything to do with this.

Why would they do it? What would they gain? Why did they fail to actually carry out the assassination succesfully?

Answer those questions logically and you start to struggle.

It doesn't make russia look powerful, it makes them look quite #.

It doesn't gain russia any sort of increased rank in the global power jostling.

I'm struggling with this one.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bates

Precisely! If they really wanted to make a statement of any value...they would have come up with something that couldn't be traced back to them, or something so dire the whole world would be sitting up.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
They're still cleaning it up in Salisbury? Holy hell imagine they'd have died quietly at home and all the people, kids, dogs that could have get contaminated.
That's the magnitude of despictability.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bates
Why would they do it? What would they gain? Why did they fail to actually carry out the assassination succesfully?

Now let me count the ways...

1. Putin gains as he is in an election at the moment. His narrative is everyone is against Russia because Russia is successful. The state controlled media can make even this sound good.
2. Russia have very few allies, so not many people to offend. Bolivia and Iran are friends, along with Syria.
3. A message is sent to anyone who Russia don't like, especially Russians. If you do something we don't like, we'll kill you. Of course we know Russia has been merrily killing journalists, environmentalists, anti-corruption activists and so on, but doing it outside their borders is a pretty big message.
4. A failed assassination. It happens.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join