It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump agrees to meet with North Korea's Kim Jong Un, South Korea says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Crazy Kim has met his match or another delay tactic. I believe delay but with a businessman in charge and NK in need of money maybe a little common sense has kicked in. What has Kim to gain by keeping his people down???

That last sentence is what I keep wondering about libs

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Trump leveraged something to get this meeting.

Tariffs on china steel? Threats of taking Un out?

First strike?

I'm sure it's all in play.

It's still a good thing.

He's always said he'd talk with him.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

More folk are starting to see that President Trump is much more than the deep state smear as puppeted by the corrupted MSM via disingenuous talking points. Meanwhile the permanently deranged will resort to just about anything to avoid recognizing his accomplishments.

It's nice to finally have a President that loves America.

The member you are talking to once went to the business forum and asked how he could phrase a request to remove another member's OP. Because it wasn't his ideology.

On track, it is refreshing to see a president succeed. It is amazing to see one succeed with ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING being thrown at him by the progressives.

I thought once that Trump was kind of a sad joke, in the primaries.

Now I'm cheering him on.

Keep going, the left!!!! Your side is making America right again!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Any move towards peace has to be good. He could be doing a stall, but I think it only benefits him to relent and seek peaceful remedies, ones that also bring prosperity.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Just looking back a few short months ago:

North Korea's leader called President Donald Trump "a frightened dog" and a "gangster fond of playing with fire" in an official statement released Thursday.

Kim Jong Un responded to Trump's United Nations speech in a dispatch written in the first person. South Korea's government said it was the first such direct address to the world by any North Korean leader.

"Far from making remarks of any persuasive power that can be viewed to be helpful to defusing tension, he made unprecedented rude nonsense one has never heard from any of his predecessors," Kim said. "A frightened dog barks louder."

Link.

"A frightened dog barks louder."

Apparently so.

Meanwhile, shortly after those comments were made:

President Trump sat down for a 45-minute interview with The Wall Street Journal on Thursday, which, unsurprisingly, yielded many bizarre comments...

The most puzzling remarks concerned North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un. “I probably have a very good relationship with Kim Jong-un,” Trump told the paper.

Link.

Trump later tweeted:

The Wall Street Journal stated falsely that I said to them “I have a good relationship with Kim Jong Un” (of N. Korea). Obviously I didn’t say that. I said “I’d have a good relationship with Kim Jong Un,” a big difference. Fortunately we now record conversations with reporters...
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 14, 2018

Now we wait and see.
edit on 8-3-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This is unprecedented.

Should be interesting. A face-to-face.

Pundits will have weeks of second-guessing, and advice for Trump.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: loam
True, he was the king of bellicose flourishes bar none, Straight out of DC Comics. Just talk and bluff. That's how the game is played.

And you know, I don't care what anybody says, Ol'Kim does have a kind of cool haircut.
edit on 8-3-2018 by Plotus because: plop plop, fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is...

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

More folk are starting to see that President Trump is much more than the deep state smear as puppeted by the corrupted MSM via disingenuous talking points. Meanwhile the permanently deranged will resort to just about anything to avoid recognizing his accomplishments.

It's nice to finally have a President that loves America.

I second that. Unfortunately over here we are stuck with Merkel. I truly envy you americans. Keep up the good fight and more importantly never get tired of winning.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
*Mind blowing*

What if Trump finally ended the Korean war?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Left wing media is already trying to spin this, the talking point is along the lines of "well they've offered to do this before". They've offered to negotiate before, sure. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I don't remember any offers to actually meet with Obama, or Bush. Does anyone have any info on that?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This is a chance to derail a nuclear confrontation.
Trump better cease the silly pompous nonsense and just try to get a decent deal

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

ISIS on the run, NK at the table, EVERYONE vying for trade waivers from the new tariffs...all in the first year of office.

Just who was benefiting from the stagnation?

Solutions bring an end to corrupt power.
edit on 8-3-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

This is a chance to derail a nuclear confrontation.
Trump better cease the silly pompous nonsense and just try to get a decent deal

The "silly pompous nonsense" is likely what got this wacko to agree to a meeting.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

You don’t understand a meeting isn’t necessarily a good thing.

In diplomacy, a meeting can backfire.

Wait to see what happens before you give Trump any praise

He has messed things up before.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Mar a Lago might be nice around May.... close it off, only RSVIP and party a while.... Then stun the world with peace...... one can dreammmm.....

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: face23785

You don’t understand a meeting isn’t necessarily a good thing.

In diplomacy, a meeting can backfire.

Wait to see what happens before you give Trump any praise

He has messed things up before.

I'm not praising it at all because I think Un is playing him. But you have to acknowledge he's gotten further with his "silly pompous nonsense" than 8 years of "strategic patience" ever did.

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Left wing media is already trying to spin this, the talking point is along the lines of "well they've offered to do this before". They've offered to negotiate before, sure. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I don't remember any offers to actually meet with Obama, or Bush. Does anyone have any info on that?

Nope, rocket man has only been there 6 yrs tho.

Maybe he's fed enough of his old school generals to the dogs to where he now can maybe join the rest of humanity without worrying about being stabbed in the back.

edit on 3 8 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Just going to post this immediately. ( will read the rest of the posts after).

My first thought, is that Kim Jung Un sees how much power Trump still retains amongst all the negative BS and is strong and determined. He knows western society has many more benefits available even over communism. He obviously wants to meet Trump in person. Wants to know Trump's secrets.

Is this good or bad? I really don't know. Trump is pretty balanced, no matter what the MSM portrayal may be. He does know how to deal and Win. Kim probably is trying to understand. He likes winning. Is it possible to make a deal? Certainly!

I do believe if Kim is sincere, Trump will make a good deal that saves face for all...yet America wins. The question is...is Kim Un sincere?

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
This is unprecedented.

Should be interesting. A face-to-face.

Pundits will have weeks of second-guessing, and advice for Trump.

Its not unprecedented Clinton made a deal with NK in 1994

posted on Mar, 8 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: face23785

Nope, rocket man has only been there 6 yrs tho.

Maybe he's fed enough of his old school generals to the dogs to where he now can maybe join the rest of humanity.

Did his dad ever offer to meet with Obama or Bush?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join