It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Office of the Special Councel says Kellyanne Conway violated Hatch Act Twice

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Kellyanne Conway violated Hatch Act on two occasions, the federal agency determines, once by campaigning for Roy Moore and once for campaigning against Roy Moore's opponent.

Is the office of the special counsel investigating any democrats? Was I hallucinating when I saw Obama's white house campaign for HRC during the election or did that really happen?

Are Democrats above the law?

Why has no one been convicted of violating the Hatch act in over 100 years since it became law?

Our government is out of control and all departments and all holdovers are out to keep Trump from being reelected.

THIS IS SICK.

NO DEMOCRATS SHOULD DEFEND THIS.
edit on 6/3/18 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

whatever that means, does it mean wrong doing ? oh as usual and the MSN doesn't care, thats if its something, oh wait you are using a right wing source, this is going to be fun to watch

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Is this not the 1993 hatch act?

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Actually, the OSC did charge two of Obama's cabinet with Hatch Act violations — HHS Sec Kathleen Sebelius and HUD Sec Julian Castro. If you search around ATS, there was a campaign email that mentioned a member of the Obama administration that drew fire from Republicans as a potential violation of the Hatch Act simply because of the inclusion of her name.

Are you super upset about that too? Please, tell us how "SICK" it was and how outraged you are.

The President and Vice President are both wholly exempt from the Hatch Act and cabinet and certain other high level officials are exempted under certain circumstances (here).

edit on 2018-3-6 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
www.foxnews.com...

Kellyanne Conway violated Hatch Act on two occasions, the federal agency determines, once by campaigning for Roy Moore and once for campaigning against Roy Moore's opponent.

Is the office of the special counsel investigating any democrats? Was I hallucinating when I saw Obama's white house campaign for HRC during the election or did that really happen?

Are Democrats above the law?

Why has no one been convicted of violating the Hatch act in over 100 years since it became law?

Our government is out of control and all departments and all holdovers are out to keep Trump from being reelected.

THIS IS SICK.

The violation was appearing in her official capacity within the U.S. government and on the White House property that made it a violation.

During the "Fox & Friends" interview November 20, Conway was introduced by the show's hosts as a "counselor to President Trump" and spoke from White House grounds. She said about Democratic Senate candidate Doug Jones: "Folks, don't be fooled. He'll be a vote against tax cuts. He's weak on crime, weak on borders. He's strong on raising your taxes. He's terrible for property owners."

Show us some Obama White House campaigning from the White House in their official capacity prior to asserting that the Obama administration did the same thing. We will wait.

Fear not, though. The Trump WH doesn't care and has cleared her already, for all 3 times she has been found in violation.

Conway faced a similar situation last year, when she used a Fox News appearance in February to plug Ivanka Trump's clothing line. The White House defended Conway at the time and said, "Upon completion of our inquiry, we concluded that Ms. Conway acted inadvertently and is highly unlikely to do so again."

So, it's not like the Trump WH cares what others say the law is anyway. They're going to do what they want, which is sort of the entire point, they simply continue to do what they want.
edit on 6-3-2018 by Scrubdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Actually, the OSC did charge two of Obama's cabinet with Hatch Act violations — HHS Sec Kathleen Sebelius and HUD Sec Julian Castro. If you search around ATS, there was a campaign email that mentioned a member of the Obama administration that drew fire from Republicans as a potential violation of the Hatch Act simply because of the inclusion of her name.

That's right, the original act is from 1939 and amended in 1993...I don't think it is that big a deal anyway, a slap on the knuckles with the edge of a ruler I think!

The Hatch Act the OP is thinking of is different.
edit on 6-3-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Yeah, nothing comes from it. The OSC basically sends a letter to the President saying so-and-so violated the Hatch Act and you should take some disciplinary action which the President will then do or not do.

Obviously Trump isn't going to do anything but you know how it goes — if Trump can't find the TV remote, it's a deep state plot.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: smurfy

...... but you know how it goes — if Trump can't find the TV remote, it's a deep state plot.

That I can understand....bawahahaha!
edit on 6-3-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
We really need a giant meteor about now. Everything is against some Law anymore it seems.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The ethics special counsel says that it's up to president Trump to dish out punishment to kellyanne Conway.

I think she will be punished by being awarded a medal of valor.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I really don't understand why you are so upset by something that really is so minor. Everything will be ok my friend just as long as you stay away from any news site that is political in nature. Turn off those annoying news notifications that you get and watch a cool documentary. Like one about Bigfoot lol you can NEVER go wrong with Bigfoot

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Yep, and consider things like; There is more evidence for Bigfoot than there is for any Russian collusion in the Trump campaign.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

THIS IS SICK.

You know. Instead of being emotional and jumping to conclusions about how other people are supposed to behave, how about you deny some ignorance and research exactly how much trouble she is in and how the punishment would be dealt? You'd find that the situation isn't that dire and you are crying over split milk.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger
You very well could be correct. I honestly don't give two hoots for any of the games that our governments play any more. Either way Bigfoot is way cooler than collusion will ever be. So is my giant mason jar of Sourpatch kids and ROLO's. Those are a must for all occasions.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Meh, slap on the wrist. Move along.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

THIS IS SICK.

You know. Instead of being emotional and jumping to conclusions about how other people are supposed to behave, how about you deny some ignorance and research exactly how much trouble she is in and how the punishment would be dealt? You'd find that the situation isn't that dire and you are crying over split milk.

No, no, no. This is ATS, string up my political opponents, who presumably, without any need for evidence, are guilty of hypocrisy.
edit on 3/6/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/6/2018 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

Show us some Obama White House campaigning from the White House in their official capacity prior to asserting that the Obama administration did the same thing. We will wait.

Do you see the Presidential Seal in this picture?
He is campaigning for her in his official capacity as President.
And to top it off, he was carting her fat ass around in Air Force One on the taxpayer dime as well.

edit on 6-3-2018 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The Hatch Act of 1939, officially An Act to Prevent Pernicious Political Activities, is a United States federal law whose main provision prohibits employees in the executive branch of the federal government, except the president, vice-president, and certain designated high-level officials[1] from engaging in some forms of political activity. It went into law on August 2, 1939. The law was named for SenatorCarl Hatch of New Mexico. It was most recently amended in 1940

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrubdog

Right? Make loan deals in the oval office. Blockade an entire country, an ally no less, because they wouldn't deal with his son in law. Pull cash in from every visiting dignitary who stays at trumps hotel. Hawk Ivanka clothing and jewelry on the Whitehouse website.
But it's all okay cuz they don't know no better. Those podunks of fifth avenue.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Photos like that make me so thankful that Hillary is not our president.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join