It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassination attempt on former Russian spy in the UK , The Cold War Returns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well they do have radioactive umbrella guns and the fabled heart attack gun,that's just what we know.

I was reading about the heart attack gun but I can't recall where might have been mysterious universe. From
What I recall it would spray two substance that would hit the person in the face, they would mix and turn to gas,lethal gas that was very very hard to detect.

I tried finding the post I read on it complete with pictures of the duel barrel basic looking aerosol gun but all my searches today came up dry...kinda weird...

a reply to: gortex

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

It'll be more of a contained high decibal electromagnetic shock, but that won't be for like 2 decades lol heart attack machine

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Isn't decibel a sound scale?
Why 20 years?

Lol?

a reply to: SatansPride

edit on 5-3-2018 by Athetos because: Because magnets!

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
There was also a possible poisoning case back in 2012 in the UK.

LONDON (Reuters) - A British judge investigating the sudden death of a Russian mafia whistleblower heard on Monday that he might have been murdered by eating poisoned soup. Alexander Perepilichny, 44, was found dead near his luxury home on the exclusive gated St George’s Hill estate in Weybridge, Surrey, southwest of London, after he had been out jogging in November 2012. The sudden nature of the death of Perepilichny, who had sought refuge in Britain in 2009, and his role in helping a Swiss investigation into a Russian money-laundering scheme has sparked speculation that he might have been murdered. Surrey Police have said there was no evidence for this but an earlier pre-inquest hearing was told traces of a rare and deadly poison from the gelsemium plant had been found in his stomach.

Reuters link
edit on 5/3/2018 by tommyjo because: spelling

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I live in Salisbury and this is very big news here, big. To me it seems highly suspicious that this former spy is in a sudden critical condition due to exposure with an "unknown substance". It just doesnt sit right with me that's all, the lack of information and secrecy around the situation concerns me and obviously peaks my conspiracy senses making them tingle 😉

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
a reply to: angelchemuel

Possible Jane, but it seems more likely this ex Russian spy had a Russian stranger tell him the winds from mother Russia have something for him and then projects fentalyn right into his and his friends face before making a quick escape to the massive car park just near for a quick getaway

They might not even need a stranger. A small drone that could spray Fentalyn would be far easier to allow a getaway and prevent any DNA evidence being found. Why would he wave his hands at the sky?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Not exactly a secret that Putin wants to rebuild the Soviet Union. With that these incidences can happen.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

You can't see the message sent in killing an ex-spy well into his 60's?

Spy against Russia and you will die. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow, maybe later in life. Maybe we'll kill your loved one's while we are at it. Either way, you will never feel safe, no matter what country you take refuge in.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

so as to poke the bear some more?

Koala ?

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I knew McMafia was based on a true story! What about Boris Berezovsky? The king maker.

Putin was his man until he turned on him...

Wiki

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

The KGB poisoning a defector? no it can't be!!!

I saw this earlier; poison is the KGB's MO-they aren't exactly creative or subtle.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Vladimir Putin's spokesman has issued a statement on the poisoning and said Moscow was prepared to help with the investigation.

"We see this tragic situation but we don't have information on what could have led to this, what he was engaged in", he said.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Cheeky bastards.
When the innocent get caught up in their spy games well someone should write a strong letter to Putin.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Yeah the hospitals original comments were they were treating under 10 people, so the 1st responders and other hospital staff must have become contaminated with the substance that was used

In January this year Salisbury post office had a suspicious parcel incident, that is still a mystery today but perhaps that was a package intercepted before it arrived to the ex spy

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I'm in Salisbury too. Very odd that parts of the hospital here apparently had to be decontaminated too.

It's not being treated as terrorism related.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Salisbury hospital are one of our customers and have recently placed an order, we deliver in person as it’s on our doorstep

When my lad makes the delivery I’m sure he will ask what the deal is and it’s more than likely the hospital stores workers will know everything and tell him

CCTV footage from a gym in the maltings area is making the rounds in the media showing the victims walking prior to this incident, in fact they both seem to be looking right at the camera

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

It is being covered in the Salisbury Journal who are showing the CCTV photo. I'd post a link but don't know how to.

Do post when you get any info from the Hospital.

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
The scary thing is because we didn't stand up to Russia when they started doing this years ago, we've not got the problem where they feel free to assassinate anybody they want anywhere they want.

I suspect our politicians are too scared to do anything about it now in case they are next.

What were we supposed to do smart guy? Nuke them?

edit on 6-3-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: You'd like that wouldn't you...

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Thanks for the heads up , here's the link although can't link directly to the story but understandably it's top of the home page.

CCTV IMAGES which could show the last movements of a former Russian spy before he was rushed to hospital have been seized by police.
The image could show former-Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his companion moments before emergency services were called concerning their welfare. Police seized the image, shot at 3.47pm from a camera at Snap Fitness 24/7 in Market Walk.
It shows a man and woman walking through an alleyway connecting the Zizzi restaurant, which was closed last night by police, and the bench in the Maltings where Skripal and a 33-year-old woman were found at 4.10pm.
www.salisburyjournal.co.uk...

It also provides an identity for the girl , she's been named as his daughter.

edit on 6-3-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Not really, no. After the Litvinenko case we demanded the extradition of the chief suspect from Russia, which was refused.

There are diplomatic options, you know.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join