It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassination attempt on former Russian spy in the UK , The Cold War Returns

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

It aint over until it's over.

If there’s one thing to be gleaned from the current atmosphere of anti-Russian hysteria in the West, it’s that the US-led sustained propaganda campaign is starting to pay dividends. It’s not only the hopeless political classes and media miscreants who believe that Russia is hacking, meddling and poisoning our progressive democratic utopia – with many pinning their political careers to this by now that’s it’s too late for them to turn back.

consortiumnews.com...

Too late to turn back, innit?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

LOL! I hope you are being ironic because you can't be that stupid. Defending democracy from fascist propaganda and manipulation makes one a "miscreant? By the way, has Britain seized any Russian assets yet?

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I'm even more stupid than you could possibly imagine, but thats not the point. By the way... has Britain offered any evidence yet or is this going to be your new WMD obsession of sorts?

— Skripal, who has lived in Britain since 2010, when a spy swap took place, and his daughter Yulia have been in hospital since they were found unconscious in the southern English city of Salisbury on March 4. The 33-year-old is said to be improving, while her 66-year-old father remains in a stable but critical condition.

— British Prime Minister Theresa May has said she believes that Russia was responsible for the attack using the nerve agent Novichok, which was developed in the former Soviet Union. British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said it was "overwhelmingly likely" that Putin himself had ordered the attempt.

— British counterterrorism police initially thought that the poison had been administered to the pair in a public area, but now believe the substance was left on a front door handle at their Salisbury home.

— A British military facility that was asked to analyze the substance used in the attack has said it cannot prove that the material was made in Russia.

— A Russian military chemical expert has said the nerve agent could have been made anywhere.

www.dw.com...

edit on 4-4-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
By the way... has Britain offered any evidence yet or is this going to be your new WMD obsession of sorts?

Obviously not to you (sad face). But don't feel left out because whatever was offered to others has resulted in them all accusing Russia and pulling out diplomats.

posted on Apr, 4 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: spy66

This may come as a shock to you, but... they have SPIES! (Also, a Russian researcher testified to a committee about Soviet nerve agent research.)

Uninformed.

Foreign office has stated that they could not confirm that the nerve agent was of Russian origin (because it is not). They removed their previous tweet to that effect. Like the Syrian gas attack a few month back that turned out to have been by the "rebels". Rogue actors at work...
edit on 4-4-2018 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

And you just expect me to swallow the KoolAid? That's pretty sad, given the history of historic lies and all that. SAD!

because whatever was offered to others has resulted in them all accusing Russia and pulling out diplomats.

It took precicely nothing to invade Iraq, either. Remember?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

It took precisely nothing for Russia to annexe Crimea, either.

Russia does not have a history of telling huge porkies?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Uninformed.

Better informed than you, apparently.

Foreign office has stated that they could not confirm that the nerve agent was of Russian origin (because it is not).

No, the FO said they could not confirm it is Russian because one molecule of Novachok looks just like any other molecule of Novachok. There is no way to determine where it was produced. Nevertheless, since it is known Russia developed the nerve agent, and the target was a Russian defector under British protection, during a Russian election based on defending Russia from "Western aggression...."

They removed their previous tweet to that effect.

In other words, they were honest. Has the Russian Foreign Ministry ever retracted anything?

Like the Syrian gas attack a few month back that turned out to have been by the "rebels".

You cannot prove that the gas used in Syria was used by the rebels for the same reason you cannot prove that the gas used in Britain was made by the Russians. Nevertheless, the Syrian gas was of a type made by Russia, and it would make no sense for the rebels to gas their own people, even for propaganda purposes.

Rogue actors at work...

Tell me more about thsee imagined "rogue actors." Who are they? What do they want? How does the attack serve their purposes?
edit on 5-4-2018 by DJW001 because: Edit to polish style. --DJW001

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

It took a rebellion and a sack of neocon hawks, waging war on the Ukrainian people, to have them turn to Vlad. Crimean bubbly anyone?

Russia does not have a history of telling huge porkies?

And who on Ceres cares about your whataboutism?
edit on 5-4-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Your attempts at diversion sound like a broken record. Russia had the motivation, the means, and the opportunity to assassinate a traitor. They sent a strong message to potential defectors and precipitated an international incident that Putin can use for propaganda purposes. Are you claiming Russia is incapable of this sort of genius?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Ukrainian people? Ahem. Crimea, not Ukraine. Do try to get the right country before spouting off.

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Russia state TV has broadcast what it claims is a conversation between Yulia Skripal and her cousin.

Viktoria: Hello?
Alleged Yulia: Hello. Do you hear me?
Viktoria: Yes, I hear you.
Alleged Yulia: It is Yulia Skripal.
Viktoria: Oh, Yulka [diminutive of Yulia] it is you! I recognise from your voice that it is you but cannot understand. So, they gave you a telephone, didn't they?
Alleged Yulia: Yes, yes.
Viktoria: Thanks God! Yulyash [diminutive of Yulia], is everything okay with you?
Alleged Yulia: Everything is ok, everything is fine.
Viktoria: Look, if tomorrow I get a (British) visa, I will come to you on Monday.
Alleged Yulia: Vika, no-one will give you the visa.
Viktoria: Well I thought so too. Oh well.
Alleged Yulia: Most likely.
Viktoria: If they give it, I need you to tell me whether I can visit you or not, tell me that I can.
Alleged Yulia: I think no, there is such a situation now, we'll sort it out later.
Viktoria: I know it, I know it all.
Alleged Yulia: Later, we will get it sorted later, everything's fine, we'll see later.
Viktoria: Is it your phone?
Alleged Yulia: It is a temporary phone. Everything is fine, but we'll see how it goes, we'll decide later. You know what the situation is here. Everything is fine, everything is solvable, everyone (he and her father) is recovering and is alive. Viktoria: Clear! Is everything ok with your father?
Alleged Yulia: Everything is ok. He is resting now, having a sleep. Everyone's health is fine, there are no irreparable things. I will be discharged soon. Everything is ok.
Viktoria: Kisses, my bunny.
Alleged Yulia: Bye.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Little detail as the news is just breaking but it's reported the conversation happened yesterday evening (4th April) , it begs the question how did they get hold of a private conversation.
edit on 5-4-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Little detail as the news is just breaking but it begs the question how did they get hold of a private conversation.

How many telephone conversations between close friends and relatives begin:

John Doe: Hello, this is Jonathan Doe.
Cousin: Oh! Jonathan Doe! I recognize your voice. How are you Johnny?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I'm not saying that it doesn't make sense. And now I'm the Russian Troll for linking DW articles and daring not to trust our gubmints blindly? Sure, fire away!

a reply to: oldcarpy

And when did the Crimean parliament decide to leave our shining beacon of democracy again, before or after the coup with sniper fire on the Maidan?
By the way, what's the topic again? Ahja, Crimean Bubbly and Russian Trolls. Possibly both... united under a red sun.

Cheers?

posted on Apr, 5 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

RAF listening post in Cyprus intercepted message on day of Skripal poisoning Message from Syria to Moscow contained phrase 'package has been delivered' It is believed to have been central to UK intelligence briefing shared with allies Yulia and Sergei Skripal are recovering following Novichok attack in Salisbury Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

A few snippets of Interest coming forward ? I thought they must have some evidence for all the other countries to join in ..

According to the Sunday Express, intelligence ‘insiders’ revealed two messages sent from Syria to Moscow were intercepted at an RAF listening post in Cyprus on March 3 and 4. The message on March 4, the day of the poisoning, included the phrase ‘the package has been delivered’ and that two people have ‘made a successful egress’. A Flight Lieutenant then flagged the message intercepted the previous day following the attack on the Skripals, although its contents have not been revealed. Spies at the Governments intelligence headquarters the GCHQ in Cheltenham were then given the information as they put together a dossier on the poisoning. It comes as the Mail on Sunday revealed the agent used to poison former Russian agent Mr Skripal and his daughter was specially designed to take 'four hours to kill them' so their assassins could flee Britain. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Security sources said the Russians developed a less powerful ‘boutique’ Novichok that could be absorbed through the skin to help their agents avoid capture. Novichok is normally administered in gas form and kills its victims within minutes. This adjustment to the nerve agent, made after exhaustive scientific tests conducted at a secret Russian scientific establishment, proved a crucial flaw in the double murder bid. While it allowed the would-be murderers to escape, it also gave doctors and scientists time to identify the Novichok and treat the patients with antidotes. Mr Skripal, 66, and his daughter, 33, are continuing to recover at Salisbury District Hospital. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 9 4 2018 by skywatcher44 because: Add

posted on Apr, 9 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

The journalist that wrote that article is known to have an over active imagination.

You have to see it from his perspective. How can he make his story jump out. Simply by spinning a yarn and throwing in a few "undisclosed sources".

Marco Giannangeli was the journalist that made up the story that Argentina was leasing Su-24s from Russia.

Su-24 Argentina story 1

Su-24 Argentina story 2

Here he is claiming that a Russian bomber intercepted in the English Channel was carrying a nuclear weapon!

Russian bomber story

In reality he won't have access to any real information but just spins it and his newspaper and editor is happy. It is how they sell newspapers and get hit on their comments section.

edit on 9/4/2018 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join