It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassination attempt on former Russian spy in the UK , The Cold War Returns

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Porton Down, SO15, SIS and Mi5 along with the government are saying they all strongly believe that this was Russia.

You are being very carefull to mention that these parties strongly believe that this was Russia. What does that actually mean?

Does that mean they dont actually have evidence? Is it just based on the same believes as you have?

- If they have evidence that this was done by Russia, their should be no doubt and the evidence should be 100% Clear.

The British government cant demand from Russia that they have to prove their Innocens when the accusation from the British government is based on what they beleive.

If this is accepted.... you have to Accept that Russia will reply With the same. All they have to say is: We dident do it. And then we are back to square one..... The evidence.

they have the means of doing this and they have a motive for doing this

What motive are you talking about? Are you a part of the investigation team and know this as a fact?

- What evidence do you have to state that Russia have a motive?

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

What, exactly, would you accept as evidence? A notarized confession from the head of the GRU?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

How many times do I need to explain what their motive was. Why did they shoot a diplomat in a Turkish art gallery? Why did they kill an investigative reporter? They murder opponents in a spectacular way to send a message: don't cross us.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

You are asking for a motive? - he betrayed Mother Russia. Are you thick or something?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

You are asking for a motive? - he betrayed Mother Russia. Are you thick or something?

Yes, and he was cought, and spent time in a Russian prison for it. And they let him go to the UK in a trade off.

What motives do the Russians have?

You are only speculating. I doubt that qualifies as a motive.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Theresas empty words are sufficient. I mean... we nearly forgot how Blair and Bush peddled their "WMD in Iraq" story.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

How many times do I need to explain what their motive was. Why did they shoot a diplomat in a Turkish art gallery? Why did they kill an investigative reporter? They murder opponents in a spectacular way to send a message: don't cross us.

It have nothing to do With this case. Unless you can prove it does. You are speculating With other cases.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

The question would be why they didn't kill him a few years ago, after the exchange. That would send a strong "don't cross us" message, if that was the case here.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

The question would be why they didn't kill him a few years ago, after the exchange. That would send a strong "don't cross us" message, if that was the case here.

Yes, it dosent make sense. Or why dident they kill him after they had pumped him for information while they had him. That would save Russia from these accusations taking Place now. It would have saved Russia from being exposed in a negative way by Our elected offisials and media.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

It's all in the timing. Is there some kind of investigation into Russian activities going on somewhere that might tempt agents to turn sides and plead guilty? If there is, this might serve as a gentle reminder that SMERSH never forgets.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

[quoteThat would save Russia from these accusations taking Place now.

Save them? They thrive on the accusations. It is better to be feared than to be loved, remember?

It would have saved Russia from being exposed in a negative way by Our elected offisials and media.

перестаньте говорить "our elected officials." Никто не верит, что вы британцы.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

You are not Russian, by any chance?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

You are not Russian, by any chance?

No i am not. But would it matter?

Even a Russian on ATS should be able to demand evidence if claimes are made against he's/her country. That is common sense and damn fair. We would want the same if we were blamed for something.

Why do i have to pick Your side? I want to know if we have evidence to back up Our accusations...... Dont you?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Well, you are coming across as a little partisan in this matter.

The Govt have to follow legal procedures, you know, as has been pointed out to you. As has the evidence pointing towards Russia but you just put your fingers in your ears and continue to yell about evidence.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Well, you are coming across as a little partisan in this matter.

The Govt have to follow legal procedures, you know, as has been pointed out to you. As has the evidence pointing towards Russia but you just put your fingers in your ears and continue to yell about evidence.

I am just saying that we have to backup Our accusations With facts and evidence.

Where are the evidence you speak of?

Dont Our legal procedures demand evidence to make a case?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I am just saying that we have to backup Our accusations With facts and evidence.

Britain will send Russia a sample of the toxin, as specified by treaty, and Russia will claim it's not theirs. Will that satisfy you, or are you open to the idea that the Russian government lies too?

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

перестаньте говорить "our elected officials." Никто не верит, что вы британцы.

I am not.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

LOL! What kind of Russian spy would use Spy66 a screen name? Methinks thou dost protest too much.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Britain will send Russia a sample of the toxin, as specified by treaty, and Russia will claim it's not theirs. Will that satisfy you, or are you open to the idea that the Russian government lies too?

Well i hope they do. And then we will see how the Russians respond. I personly think it would be a smak in their face if the evidence do prove that its their agent. But we have to let the case go its cource and see how it evolves.

No, i dont think the Russian government is any better then any other governments.

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

LOL! What kind of Russian spy would use Spy66 a screen name? Methinks thou dost protest too much.

You are speculating again.

spy66 was my nick name when i played DC (Desert Combat.... the game).

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join