It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassination attempt on former Russian spy in the UK , The Cold War Returns

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
For what it's worth, Trump just told a reporter that he thinks it was probably Russia who poisoned the spy and his daughter.

Of course, we're not going to do anything about it either, altho the usual gang of noisy retards on Capitol Hill will scream for retaliation. Considering how many people the US has assassinated by drone strike over the last decade or so, we are absolutely the last nation on Earth who has any right to complain about cloak-and-dagger stuff.

Why would Russia do this?

The guy spent X- amount of years i a russian prison. ANd was delivered to the UK in Exchange for other prisinors.

Why would russia kill him now..... Why didnt they just kill him when they had him in their own prison?
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

The reason I am asking is because its creates a presadent for such things.

You are refusing to answer the question, thats fine although it does kind of undermine you argument somewhat.

Speaking of which I am rather confused as to why you don't think that Russia shouldn't be the number one suspect in all of this, so far I have not seen any argument that would back up this belief.
edit on 13-3-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

As a friendly reminder that SMERSH never forgets.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The reason I am asking is because its creates a presadent for such things.

You are refusing to answer the question, thats fine although it does kind of undermine you argument somewhat.

Speaking of which I am rather confused as to why you don't think that Russia shouldn't be the number one suspect in all of this, so far I have not seen any argument that would back up this belief.

It sure does create a presadent, but without facts and evidence in this present case you can not go out and claim Russia did this. You need evidence and facts to support Your presadent.....would you not?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

You need evidence and facts to support Your presadent.....would you not?

Agreed.

Now care to tell us why you believe that the Russians were not behind this and what evidence you have to support this claim.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

For what it's worth, Trump just told a reporter that he thinks it was probably Russia who poisoned the spy and his daughter.

Of course, we're not going to do anything about it either, altho the usual gang of noisy retards on Capitol Hill will scream for retaliation. Considering how many people the US has assassinated by drone strike over the last decade or so, we are absolutely the last nation on Earth who has any right to complain about cloak-and-dagger stuff.

The guy spent X- amount of years i a russian prison. ANd was delivered to the UK in Exchange for other prisinors.

Why would russia kill him now..... Why didnt they just kill him when they had him in their own prison?

I admit, that is a good point. It's hard to see why Russia would still care about this guy.

It's being widely rumored that this guy was working with Christopher Steele. If this is the case, that actually points the finger back at MI6 and/or US intelligence (tying up loose ends). They would naturally want to implicate someone other than themselves.

Basically, I'm not going to invest myself too heavily in any claims about who was responsible.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Agreed.

Now care to tell us why you believe that the Russians were not behind this and what evidence you have to support this claim.

I have no evidence, but i would like to see if the British government fallows up on Russias request to have their nerve agent evidence released.

If the British government can provide Russia With evidence i will rest my case.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Ok thats all fine but:

Porton Down have said this is off Russian origin, the investigation by SO15 seems to be leaning towards this having been a assassination attempt that at the very least had some Russian state involvement and they are working along side SIS and MI5.

So what evidence do you have that they are lying that this was Russia and that it was some other entity behind the assassination attempt?

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I admit, that is a good point. It's hard to see why Russia would still care about this guy.

It's being widely rumored that this guy was working with Christopher Steele. If this is the case, that actually points the finger back at MI6 and/or US intelligence (tying up loose ends). They would naturally want to implicate someone other than themselves.

Basically, I'm not going to invest myself too heavily in any claims about who was responsible.

Be more specific: it can only have been Hillary.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Agreed.

I have no evidence, but i would like to see if the British government fallows up on Russias request to have their nerve agent evidence released.

What sort of evidence would suffice? Russian trolls have already suggested that the toxin was stolen by SAS in Syria.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Agreed.

What sort of evidence would suffice? Russian trolls have already suggested that the toxin was stolen by SAS in Syria.

Was it stolen by the SAS in Syria?

If so i Guess the UK have a problem then, and Russia have a Counter claim.

But so far Russia have not said anything about the SAS stealing their nerve agent. Not related to this case anyway....

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Agreed.

They could just have easily had said it has been taken by the easter bunny.

stuff like that is just baseless speculation.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

But so far Russia have not said anything about the SAS stealing their nerve agent. Not related to this case anyway....

Here's how Russian propaganda works: a blogger posts a claim that incriminates a Russian enemy. Russian media repeat this, attributing it to "the internet." Russian proxies like globalresearch and beforeitsnews pick up the story, giving it appropriate spin for their target market, where it is read and disseminated by conspiracy theorists and professional trolls. Contradictory stories are also released in the same fashion to further confuse things. The message then becomes "we may never know the truth." The MH-17 affair was a textbook case.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I have no idea if this is connected or not, but I have just come off a radio show I am on once a month. A fellow Brit who co-hosts the show is based in London.
He couldn't make the first half hour of the show as the BT Internet network for the whole of London, Swindon (very near to Salisbury) and a few other odd locations all went down for 45 minutes tonight. That would have been between 6.30 and 7.30.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Here's how Russian propaganda works: a blogger posts a claim that incriminates a Russian enemy. Russian media repeat this, attributing it to "the internet." Russian proxies like globalresearch and beforeitsnews pick up the story, giving it appropriate spin for their target market, where it is read and disseminated by conspiracy theorists and professional trolls. Contradictory stories are also released in the same fashion to further confuse things. The message then becomes "we may never know the truth." The MH-17 affair was a textbook case.

Well lets see if the British government does this fair, and give Russia the evidence that forces them to explain them selves.

Who cares what the trolls say. Lets see if the british government can step up to their game and back up their accustation.
Nothing else really matters.

But i do fear that the British government will do as the Americans do. Claim to have physical evidence but will not show any.....

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Well lets see if the British government does this fair, and give Russia the evidence that forces them to explain them selves.

The Russians would deny it was theirs, they would make up some excuse.

Just read about the deceives who went to Russia after the Litvinenko killing, the games Russian officials played with them or just look at the lengths the Russian government went to to hide drugs above by their athletes.

If the Russians are prepared to go so far to win a few gold medals what makes you think they can be trusted to tell the Truth about this.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

If the Russians are prepared to go so far to win a few gold medals what makes you think they can be trusted to tell the Truth about this.

The same reason everyone else can be trusted to be truthful i'm supposing.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The Russians would deny it was theirs, they would make up some excuse.

Just read about the deceives who went to Russia after the Litvinenko killing, the games Russian officials played with them or just look at the lengths the Russian government went to to hide drugs above by their athletes.

Well if the British government provides evidence that this was done by the the Russian government i sure would be exited to know what the Russian would state in return. But until that happeneds who knows.......

Nothing has been provided yet by the British government......

If the evidence prove that russia did this..... the evidence would speak for them selves. And Putin would have a major problem.....

Putin is trying to play the good guy in all this. So i Guess he would have to have a good Counter argument ready.

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Nothing has been provided yet by the British government......

What do you want them to provide you with???

posted on Mar, 13 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
I have no idea if this is connected or not, but I have just come off a radio show I am on once a month. A fellow Brit who co-hosts the show is based in London.
He couldn't make the first half hour of the show as the BT Internet network for the whole of London, Swindon (very near to Salisbury) and a few other odd locations all went down for 45 minutes tonight. That would have been between 6.30 and 7.30.

Rainbows
Jane

Pretty sure if the BT network for the whole of London went down that would be big news, not seen anything about it yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join