It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Cig VAPING - Trojan horse to cancer, addiction, COPD & more - more dangerous than AR-15's!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Nicotine is a medicine, it is not what is bad in cigarettes, unless you use too much. Same with vaping, nicotine can be a problem if you smoke too much.

You do know its highly poisonous, right? I mean I could quote the Anarchists Cookbook section on Nicotine here for you verbatim but I'd likely get banned as I'm sure posting instructions on how to manufacture a deadly poison from such an innocuous (in your opinion) substance. It doesn't require cigarettes to produce the posing, rolling tobacco is better...

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
I started ecigs about 10 years ago and still vape, today. I had quit smoking cigarettes for 6 to 7 years before starting the ecigs.

Then why on earth would you start vaping? That's like someone who broke their ankle, going put and buying a new style crutch years after their ankle has healed..

*confused*

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Cygnis

Finding a decent usa made rig is a challenge unless you go mech.

Lost vapes is a UK company and they make some super nice DNA boxes for a reasonable price. If you find a decent us made box let me know

Their address is in Shenzhen, China.

Might have offices in UK, but stuff is MADE in China. My LV Therion 75 was made in China.

GINGER VAPER sells Boxer Mod ... US-made/assembled 3-D printed devices:

I got my eye on THAT one...can't decide if I should pull the trigger... $249 is a bit MUCH

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   
OP, the symptoms that you described are classic withdrawal symptoms from smoking. It's not the vapor device.

I went through all of that and more. Most people don't know that you will get shortness of breath, ( it's not copd) flem, acid reflux, stomach pains, extreme gas, and a few more symptoms. I had couple trips to the ER. The symptoms go on for weeks and can be extremely uncomfortable. They do subside over a few months to a year, sometimes longer.

Some people give up and go back to smoking, because the symptoms subside very fast and within days they are gone. That's why some people can't quit .
Your friend will have to face this sooner or later. Their might be some relief. through vaping, but not much from what I'm told, it gets better though.

Smoking does mask medical problems. For me it was allergies .

I'm so glad I quit. I used the gum for a month and a half and could not take the taste of it ; I decided to go cold turkey. It was tough and the most extreme symptoms I ever experienced in my life all at one-time. I don't vape- either. I'm done with all of it.

What has me concerned is what are the cigarette manufacturers adding to their product. I quit before and I never had the withdrawal symptoms like I explained ; many others I have met have said the same.

OP. Have your friend look at some local support groups. He can find some from his doctor or med-insurance Also have him check out some Internet forums. I found a few good ones. I don't have the links. All of them will explain all these withdrawing symptoms . Some forums are monitored by medical professionals . Lot of good free advice. Your fiend is going to need lots of help support.

I do wonder why these withdrawal symptoms are not at all mentioned on these major Web sites that are paid by tax payer money. State advertising etc. All they mention is free patches, gum, how to guide etc. We seen them all, but never a mention of what these withdrawal symptoms are really like and what to except.( it can be a living he'll for some)
But I do recall every State getting a cut of the big settlements. I met one doctor at an E.R. Who knew and explained in detail what to expect other than the RN,s whom run some of these free forums on the net.
Oh also here on ATS.

You will not hear these symptoms from the MSN or anyplace else in the mainstream.

Stay healthy .

edit on 2-3-2018 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2018 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

I didnt track where it was made....its probably made in china. A dna box for 130....

I have the therion 167. So does my son. We have both been eying that squonk though.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
How about don't do either?
Just stick to vodka and beer like I do.
Those never hurt anybody....

Depends what you do first.

Beer first. then hard stuff and 3-4 Jagermeisters instead of the sambuca before you walk her home.

Yeah, don't drive and wear a body cam.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I don't know why they use glycols, it is antifreeze, that stuff is not good for you.

They use propylene glycol in the juice... not Ethylene glycol!

Propylene glycol is antifreeze. Look it up. I used it in campers over the years. Propylene glycol is not harmless, the antidote is actually milk if you ingest it. It is one of the chemicals put into commercial cigarettes that is bad for you. I am very intollerant to propylene glycol, many people are intolerant to the chemistry. I buy shampoos without it and I had problems with the double acting vanilla that has it in it so we buy organic vanilla now. Actually, vanilla has a similar chemistry but I am not as intollerant to that as the propylene glycol. Just because it is gras does not mean it is safe for everyone, over fifty percent of people not allergic to it and it can be considered GRAS

I think if u were allergic, u would know pretty quickly.

don't spread that BS.

Antifreeze is not in any ecig juice!

Where are u buying your stuff?

It's all food additives plus some nicotine.

Allergies are a bitch.

I understand.

Have you got rid of your microwave oven?

Go down to propylene glycol in this antifreeze page. en.wikipedia.org...

Here is one from the CDC. Note how it says that it causes what it is added to to retain water. www.atsdr.cdc.gov...

They put propylene glycol in soaps and shampoos to make the hair hold onto moisture and to plump the skin so it looks smoother. The cells swell up and it can block the sweat ducts from working by pinching them off and cause pimples to form in some people. This can cause some raw spots. Now in the lungs, it plumps the lung cells up and cause a harder time of oxygen transfer. That is why it is bad in cigarettes. It will not kill you, that is what GRAS means. But lots of things considered GRAS can hurt you if overconsumed or overused.

Just like ALUM is considered GRAS, but in fact it is actually a neurostimulant that can cause many problems in the body. Most people have this in their cupboards. It was once considered a medicine.

I spent a lot of time researching propylene glycol, the method of how it works in the body, the enzymes that are needed to detox it. This incorporates three or four metabolic cycles to detox. It is also psychoactive, having a doping effect because of it's actions on the cells and on our bloods ability to carry oxygen. It is not safe in cigarettes and not safe in vapes.

Look up what Generally recognized as safe means, it is on the FDA site. When something is considered GRAS, it is by the serving size, if you have two of the usual servings, then it may not be GRAS. This also applies to the chemistry in that box of Mac and cheese too or the can of soup. GRAS does not mean it is safe, it means it has no detrimental effects that can severely harm you initially. Nothing about long term use or mixing of chemistries together. You can mix two GRAS chemicals together then when they hit the stomach acid, they can harm you.

We had a microwave up until about five years ago when our last one burst into flames in the kitchen. We never got another, I do not trust them anymore. We have always had expensive ones and when my brother got his Ion meter, he tested it on his new microwave, he had one catch fire too by the way. There is a lot of ions coming out of the microwave, enough to register the meter in the high end of the meter all across the kitchen. But I just do not trust them anymore, they sure stink when they burn up. I remember when microwaves came out, we had one that year. Expensive but impressive. They were not nearly as powerful as they are today, they were much safer. But they base the safety of the new high power ones on years of use of low powered ones. That is not real evidence.

We do not need a microwave, in fact, heating everything up is not good for you, you should actually eat cool food if you want energy to do something. Hot food actually lowers our energy making cold food gives you energy to do things. I am not going to get into that, it is a complex way our body chemistry works and the research articles that show the processes are not understood by people who do not know a lot about metabolics and the enzyme cycles.

If you want energy to do something, drink cool water or a cold pop. If you want to chill out and sit, drink a hot drink, it fires up your heating and cooling cycles.

So red bull is ok if it's cold? I usually have 4-6paks on hand. And do a decaf after dinner.

I like you Ricky but I think you are wrong, like my wife about microwave ovens. Just stay away from using certain plastics in it, like melenene.

I know right?! Cold foods! Stomach cancer of men in Japan.

Wifey is chinese and if it's not boiling hot, she sends it back, I just give her a dirty look but get up and reheat it anyway.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Next time you try to make me feel bad, make better sense.

If you can argue anything argue atomizer material “nickel” for ex. etc. and when hot what comes off of it into my body etc.

As far as far as ejuice nah man...

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Nickel legs on coils is why I started building my own.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

I can agree partly but... The smoker switching has to find that same level of nicotine that they get from their regular smoke to feel any different.

I think for me, there is a big difference is the pull. They're never just like cigs. Close but no cigar

The biggest issue is, pulling in just nicotine doesn't feel the same to a smoke as all the other crap that comes out of a cig. There are more addictive chemicals that we go after, unknowingly of course. That's the fault of big tobacco. I believe that's why a lot of us go back to cigs so quickly. It's simply not the same and we're hooked on the poison. Getting just nicotine just doesn't sate the urge.

The cough isn't from how heavy the smoke feels. I can speak for everyone but for me, it's like inhaling water. I've tried many brands and all have the same affect.

I also found that with ecigs, since as I mentioned before, the urge is not sated, I ended up making myself sick after so many pulls trying to get that urge sated.

So for now... I'll just stick to my camels. As long as my habit isn't appalling to whatever gal I'm dating. Otherwise, I'll just quit again.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What about tungsten? Wouldn't that be a better alternative since it's got such a high melting point?

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I definitely think the long term health effects are not known and studies should absolutely be undertaken to assess all the side effects. Whatever literature has been submitted by the manufacturers should be not trusted and should be duplicated. If it turns out the manufacturers lied or fabricated their results, the executives and the scientists involved should prosecuted for perjury.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I haven't looked at it. Is the resistance stable at various temperatures? To me, that is important (especially on the cheaper variable wattage devices that China is turning out)

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Not really sure. According to google:

Of all metals in pure form, tungsten has the highest melting point (3422 °C, 6192 °F), lowest vapor pressure (at temperatures above 1650 °C, 3000 °F), and the highest tensile strength.

Pure form wire runs around 10$ a foot.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

If you decide you want to quit again, hit me up. We live pretty close to each other (at least part of the time) and I'd be happy to help you get started on something that works for you.

The biggest problem with moving into vaping is trying to figure out what everything is, then realizing that most people are idiots that give advice in context to themselves at that point, not you at your point.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Much appreciated and I shall. Hell, we can always grab a few at some point. The weather is getting better!

I did find that Tungsten might not be the best idea but titanium on the other hand might work well:

As per reddit

Tungsten and Titanium have very low resistance compared to kanthal so this wouldn't be useable in an atomizer. Your ohms would be far too low to be safe unless you built a gigantic coil. Do NOT use this in a mech mod because you'll probably vent your batteries.

30 gauge tungsten wire has a resistance of 0.00773 ohms per cm. In comparison, 30 gauge nichrome is at 0.15 ohms per cm and kanthal is 0.28 ohms per cm. Kanthal is 36 times more resistive than tungsten.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Titanium is a PITA to build with, and expensive.

I build with 316L. Once you mount it you will vape it for a bit before it builds up a black patina. You don't want to burn the coils very hot or you lose this patina and can begin vaporizing the steel in small amounts. Since chromium is part of steel....im not fond of it.

I have the numbers plugged in so I can do temp control on my DNA mod....but i prefer to just use wattage mode since the stainless doesn't maintain a steady resistance very well (and my settings don't seem to like that very much).

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Sorry, the "Titanium" part didn't come up the same. It was crossed out and noted that it would be a good candidate as it is only slightly less resistant than kanthal.

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Good to know. Titanium is supposed to be more workable once heated a bit. Still, I'm a little curious and I'll keep looking in to it. If I have any questions or urges to cross over again, I'll most certainly hit you up.

Thanks again!

posted on Mar, 2 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Nicotine is a medicine, it is not what is bad in cigarettes, unless you use too much. Same with vaping, nicotine can be a problem if you smoke too much.

You do know its highly poisonous, right? I mean I could quote the Anarchists Cookbook section on Nicotine here for you verbatim but I'd likely get banned as I'm sure posting instructions on how to manufacture a deadly poison from such an innocuous (in your opinion) substance. It doesn't require cigarettes to produce the posing, rolling tobacco is better...

Nicotine is a plant defense system chemical. For humans in moderation and with proper application it is a medicine. Many medicines are based off nicotine chemistry. The plant version of niacin is nicotinic acid, nicotinic acid is the acid version of nicotine chemistry. Niacin is actually a dangerous chemistry if overconsumed too. It is also an antidote for overconsumption of methyl and ethyl chemistry. People used to believe nicotine was a carcinogen and that it was poison. To a certain extent it is definitely poisonous but that poison in small doses is actually good for us. I would get sort of dizzy from the vaping I tried, similar to that of the nicotine patch the doctor gave me a prescription for. I told her I did not smoke more than half a pack of cigarettes a day and she gave me the strength of two packs a day. I also told her I could easily quit if I wanted to but was not interested in quitting. The nicotine patch did not help with thinking, it dummed me down worse than the cigarettes I smoked. I feel the B-carbalines in the cigarette is what is the most helpful to me. Probably the small amount of harmaline in tobacco. www.sciencedirect.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join