It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Cig VAPING - Trojan horse to cancer, addiction, COPD & more - more dangerous than AR-15's!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

He never had any problems of waking up in the middle of the night with a chest of phlem, but now it happened 3-6 times a night and he had to empty it into a soda bottle next to his bed (TOTALLY GROSS!)

Stopped reading here. This is because he stopped smoking cigarettes and the built up # is breaking up.

This right here is exactly what I was referencing about a lot of people not experiencing serious health problems until after they quit. It's because your body finally starts to repair itself instead of being under a constant load. Once that load lets up, the body goes into overdrive to repair itself (as much as possible) and these symptoms you've listed are easily identified as cessation related to tobacco/cigarettes.

The studies that have been done regarding Acrolein show no substantial amount could ever be inhaled under normal operating conditions. The coils are cooled by the liquid. Tanks are probably a little safer in this regard as they are constantly submerged within the liquid. Where as RDAs for example, or drip tips, how every you'd like to identify them, have the ability to run dry a lot faster thus preventing the coils from being sufficiently cooled, thus raising the over all temperature to produce extremely tiny amounts of Acrolein that are still magnitudes less than the amount present in a cigarette.

Any normal person who is vaping under typical circumstances would never come in contact with a potentially dangerous amount of Acrolein, as the situation required to produce it as a byproduct can not be consumed by humans and were only replicable by machines in a laboratory.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

You are probably correct. It is a good thing that I intentionally burn my foods to get that layer of carcinogen. MMMMM.

I still have this hunch that things are not as transparent as they seem. Reality just dosen't offer easy buttons like that. If this were true to reality, the liquid will be much worse in the long run compared to burning a plant. The beautiful thing is unlike burning the plant, the symptoms will be hidden for much longer.

With the plant, as I age, I can definitely tell it is having an impact. I have reduced my consumption to 4-5 cigs a day now to get back to even. I am not kidding myself and I know they are bad. I will eventually need to quit.

But there is just something about fairytails getting utterly destroyed in this reality.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I hate to tell you this...but you are patently amd absurdly wrong.

If you believe you arent wrong....i need evidence. Because your evidence is wrong too.

Should add: 2.5 years cig free. I vape copious amounts all day every day.

HMMM, I'm wondering if it could have been the brand that was causing such extreme phlem. I want to make it clear that I'm not exaggerating in the least about the excessive problems this caused this person and the only change was going to e-cigs.

Are you familiar with acrolein? Have you studied the long term effects of it? It's not something that is going to kill you in the first week, month or years, but it will cause serious effects.

I'm doing a good bit of research into this at the moment, and I HOPE that I am wrong, but from what I have found from the numbers (that didn't seem to add up when I looked at manufacture's numbers). i't like someone drinking a glass of water with arsenic in it every day, saying "I feel fine" and then 2 years later, that .1mg per day of arsenic, finally rears it's head and they are on their death bed. I'm trying to find out how these chemicals are going to effect long term health and why some people seem to have that extreme congestion when swiching to ecigs. If it is the case that some manufacturers are using an additive or different carrier than the rest of the industry, than that is alarming b/c IDK if the carrier liquid is listed on the package (or all of the packaged).

Having the strong concentrations is also a potential time bomb when some idiot realizes that they can easily kill lots of people by putting it in a common drinking jug/cooler/dispenser, etc. It's hard to find accurate info on the taste of pure nicotine but it has been described as having something like an acidic taste (not strong) which seems logical, especially if it is a salt of nicotine like HCl or SO4 and other describe it as mildly peppery - all of which could be hidden in many different drinks. This is of great concern and if something like cyanide were as widely available on the internet or at stores, there would be outrage over people having access to such an extreme poison.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
nicotine consumed by any means still causes your arteries to harden which will contribute to cardiovascular problems down the line.

and if the heart disease doesn't scare you how about the erectile dysfunction? throw that junk away!

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Now, some people can have an allergic reaction to PG, VG, or the flavoring.

There is this red licorice flavor that I cannot touch as it starts giving me heart palpations. Same brand as other flavors I vape with no problem but I assume I am allergic to that particular food additive.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Sounds like he is talking more about the crappy gas station ones.

The ones that caused the Phlem, were ones sold at a VERY large gas station chain that covers every state east of the Mississippi (and maybe even west of them), so they are sold at a large number of places. I'm not sure I've seen them at other stores, though I've never looked. I'll try to find them online and see if there are any reports. I can't remember the name but they looked like a normal cigarette, white with a tan/brown (with white speckles) filter area and had an orange glow tip. I think they may have been rechargable?? and they came in a green cardboard package with normal plastic shell to seal it.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

When you stop smokimg you cough up a lot. Its a good thing. It gets better after a year or so.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Erich94

Well the last time I gave up smoking, I put on ten kilos. So by smoking five roll ups a day, I managed to get it off. Five a day is just about right for me, as when I light up its at my break times and I really enjoy it. It's not the smoking its how much and what you smoke. If I don't have a smoke, like miss one I also notice that the desire to have one drops quite fast. So it seems its not that addictive after all, it certainly isn't as addictive as heroin. Seems false news is everywhere.

(post by DigginFoTroof removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

originally posted by: RickyD
Sounds like he is talking more about the crappy gas station ones.

The ones that caused the Phlem, were ones sold at a VERY large gas station chain that covers every state east of the Mississippi (and maybe even west of them), so they are sold at a large number of places. I'm not sure I've seen them at other stores, though I've never looked. I'll try to find them online and see if there are any reports. I can't remember the name but they looked like a normal cigarette, white with a tan/brown (with white speckles) filter area and had an orange glow tip. I think they may have been rechargable?? and they came in a green cardboard package with normal plastic shell to seal it.

If you're stupid enough to buy an e-cig from a gas station, you deserve the ill effects of them.

You do realize those are made by RJ Reynolds, Phillip Morris, and others?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I see a ton of college-aged kids, who never smoked, getting into e-cigs. It's very popular and seems to be the new way to develope a nicotine addiction. These kids grew up with "smoking is bad" from the get-go.

Not sure what the awnser is. Maybe nicotine should be illegal till 21? So kids can get out of that "it's cool phase". Maybe it's too late and e-cigs have already cleverly trapped a whole new generation to an addictive bad habit.

edit on 28-2-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Don't you get an annoying voice in the back of your head saying 'what if'?

Mine was so loud that I could only handle the liquid for a month and then switched back.

No.

You know smokimg is bad. Theres proof. Why would you go back to something that is proven to have ill health effects? Because the laternative might have bad effects you go back to the sure thing?

I dont get the logic.

Btw...the UK (who pays for citizen healthcare) is encouraging people to switch to vaping.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
There's a few things wrong with your post. First, I smoked for about 10 years, almost a pack a day at times. I've also used different e-cig things, and the last time I used one I used it for just 3 days instead of cigarettes and then quit both that and cigarettes completely with no withdrawal whatsoever... So I have an idea of what I'm talking about.

vaping, it can be argued, has very few positives.

Well, if quitting cigarettes cold turkey after being a smoker for ~10 years isn't a positive, I don't know what is.

I had a friend who smoked about a pack a week

That's not even alot, that's like 3 cigarettes a day. There are people who smoke several packs a day.

one e-cig a day (they don't last ANYWHERE near the number of "puffs" they advertise - maybe 10% of advertized)

Those are disposable ones. You can get vaporizer systems that last practically forever. All you have to do is fill it with fluid and occasionally change other replaceable parts. It's really cheap compared to cigarettes.

He never had any problems of waking up in the middle of the night with a chest of phlem, but now it happened 3-6 times a night and he had to empty it into a soda bottle next to his bed (TOTALLY GROSS!) and daily ritual of emptying it. Then in the morning he sounded like he had bronchitis and was hacking up phlem for 30-120 minutes (less time if he took a really hot shower which loosened up his chest). This finally stated being a 24 hour thing, he had constant phlem which he had NEVER had before with cigarettes and he said he started having trouble catching his breath (at 26 years old and in AWESOME health). He quit the e-cigs and within 2-3 days the phlem had decreased by about 70-80% and then after a week almost completely.

This sort of thing happens when you use cheap Chinese liquids with god knows what chemicals in them.

anyone switching to e-cigs to quit cigarettes is in for major health problems and will spend A LOT of money (he spent as much in one day as he would in 30-45 days buying tobacco!).

You're intentionally causing confusion here. Yeah, if you compare the money he spent on the actual vaporizer to the money he spent on his occasional cigarettes, you can make it sound like vaping is expensive. In reality, you only spend a fraction of the money on vaping that you would on cigarettes. Once you have a good vaporizer, the liquid is dirt cheap considering how long it lasts you.

Nicotine is a VERY toxic poison and can kill a person .

So are all the other chemicals in cigarettes, like arsenic and formaldehyde. Would you rather inhale nicotine, or nicotine plus rat poison plus radioactive waste plus whatever else is in cigarettes?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I don't know where to start, with the dangerous products of vaping or with anecdotal stories - The scientific info of the carrier liquids are at the bottom and the compounds they form when combusted in the vap chamber.

I dont know where to start either... well here I go.

NOTHING IS COMBUSTED!!!!!

The reason its called "Vaping" is due to you converting the juice into a vapor, not burning the juice to a crisp! (Thats smoking)

Your friend was probably having cigarette withdrawal when he started chucking up Phlem - thats the sign your body is getting rid of the crud from your lungs that has built up over the years. I was doing the same for a week or so.

You'll be happy to know that within the first 3 search results on Google, I was able to order a 55 gallon drum of 100mg/ml concentrate with my own custom flavor added to it and with a coupon code, I was able to get it shipped for FREE!

I'm able to order a 55 gallon drum of bleach online as well

1ml of 100mg will NOT kill you. You might have a hell of a headache. The "research" you refer to is well documented to be baloney. Seeing that its well over 100 years old surprise suprise!

I welcome some REAL independent research into e-cigs - so far no one has been brave enough to do exhaustive enough testing on ALL aspects of the devices, flavorings, materials etc.. currently there are only small single point tests being done every now and then and we only get bits and drabs of results which are almost always immediately debunked by the opposition (for better or worse).

Lets call a spade a spade. It's an issue as political as gun ownership and no politician in their right mind wants/needs the headache of asking for millions on research and then probably being wrong. Much Easier to jump on the bandwagon an demonize something no-one is an expert on.

However in your case I suggest you write to your senator about a subject that you Actually know something about instead.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
How about don't do either?
Just stick to vodka and beer like I do.
Those never hurt anybody....

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I hate to tell you this...but you are patently amd absurdly wrong.

If you believe you arent wrong....i need evidence. Because your evidence is wrong too.

Glad you got it covered
That is some more deep BS to wade through..
Dang good thing I had my NBC suit on.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I don't know where to start

The amount of BS in this OP, I don't know where to start either, give me a few and I will though.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

No idea wtf you are talking about.

Vaping is better and cheaper than a #ing patch.

If you ever smoked and tried to quit, you wouldn't be talking like this.

You better not be my wife!

I have 5 e-cigs in play and still manage to smoke 3 pks a day.

Come at me bro.

I drink that #. You wussies will die from your own pollution and We'll take your stuff.

That 100 gal drum? Put a gas soaked rag in it, light it up and drive it up to an elementary school.

Chump, I get 18% nicotine in my juice. The highest goes to 36.

I think you are a freak and not my wife, she ain't that stupid, thank God, but you need better info.

edit on 2 28 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
How about don't do either?
Just stick to vodka and beer like I do.
Those never hurt anybody....

Russia and germany?

lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
The real question is: why do you care what I decide to put in my body. Why don’t you mind your own beeswax.

All his bees obviously got smoked out by someone else and now live on their farm. Now he wants all bees to die, I think he is doing a pretty good job at that. BEE KILLER!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join