It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher with Gun in Custody after Barricading self in Classroom

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Wait....I thought there was a law saying you can't have guns in schools.
You mean some folks ignore those laws and "gun free zone" signs don't work?

Huh.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

The official narratives are half baked and riddled with plotholes but sheople just lap that crap up! Even when the official narrative changes, it's still lapped up! People are coming up with their own theories as to what is going on because the one's who are supposed to be telling us the truth, the government, aren't.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: liveandlearn

i shall be blunt - anyone who thinks that " armed teachers " = a solution - is an idiot

Too true but thank F. The vast majority live in the US. Sorry colonial cousins but you can keep your 18th century(!!!) gun obsessed culture over there. I prefer to live in a country where not even the cops visiting my house have a gun never mind FRICKING SCHOOLS. Honestly the lunatics really have taken over the asylum when the solution to obsessive gun culture (and its inevitable consequences) are more fricking GUNS AROUND CHILDREN FFS WAKE UP!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Well that's an incredibly convenient coincidence.

And the timing, wow, just wow.

Well, whatever mental state drove the teacher to do this, I'm sure the "arm teachers" idea was somewhere in that teacher's mind, and the irony (in some strange meta-way) was not lost on them -- even if that irony is subconscious.

The bottom line is that this teacher may have been driven to do this in part -- albeit maybe only a small part -- because of all of the talk of arming teachers.

That's not to say that it is some fake orcestrated event. This could still be very real while the teacher with the gun half-understands the irony -- and that irony can be part of the twisted logic behind the teacher's actions.

edit on 28/2/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Well that's an incredibly convenient coincidence.

And the timing, wow, just wow.

Ummm...can you say...sacrificial lamb...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Exactly. Banning guns isn't going to stop the killing. Like troops withdrawal created ISIS, pulling guns may cause something more brutal.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

i shall be blunt - anyone who thinks that " armed teachers " = a solution - is an idiot

Also with a race problem in parts of the US, how will cops react to a non white armed teacher? If there's another school shooting, and there are multiple teachers with guns, and a shooter....it just sounds like problems waiting to happen.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Everyone please forgive me for not jumping to conclusions,but I found a little more info on The Atlanta Journal-Constitution website:

About 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, some students tried to get into Randal Davidson’s classroom and he would not let them in, Dalton police spokesman Bruce Frazier said.

They alerted the principal. When the principal came to the door and used his key to try to open it, Davidson forcibly closed it on him, Frazier said.

At that point, the principal heard a gunshot. Police have not said what type of gun was used, only that it was a handgun.

My first impression is that Davidson was doing something wrong,probably either strictly against school policy or the law, in that classroom. Possession of a gun would fall into that category.

My second impression is that, if the problem was that he had a gun in his possession, he might have been trying to hide it/disarm it for some reason, and it went off while he was trying to keep his door closed.

In any event, it does not sound like he wanted to injure or kill anyone, unlike Nikolas Cruz. Had he wanted to do so, the principal would have likely been the first target.

I have known educators who quietly kept a pistol within arms' reach of themselves during school. Not once was it for protection against students, but rather for protection against outside attacks. I am wondering if Davidson had a permit for the gun... if so, and if he were allowed to use his permit inside the school, the shot would likely not have happened. If not, he was in violation of the law and should be punished for his actions.

For those on the "never allow guns to exist" bandwagon... the idea of teachers being armed does not include all teachers. They would have to have a CCW permit first, and possibly still be required to pass a training course for that CCW to apply to a school.

I haven't found any more information on motive or anything like that so far... the whole thing started less than 4 hours ago. I expect more information will be forthcoming as the investigation unfolds.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Anybody else got any bright ideas?

Not my idea, but the push is for Marsalls turned into teachers, not teachers turned into Marshalls. Realizing that doesn’t fit the Left’s agenda, you don’t see it much.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

except the fact most violent crimes are committed by completely sane people without mental health problems, yes even school shootings(only 22% had mental health problems).

most school shootings happen over bullying, women/relationships, pride, obsession, hatred, politics or religion, you know, typical criminal behavior. barely is it ever mental health and when mental health is the issue it's usually aimed at the individual themselves rather than at others.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

I prefer this sign to 'gun free zone'

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
a reply to: yorkshirelad

I prefer this sign to 'gun free zone'

Argyle is near here. And for a high school football team, they are as good as a team can be. I've seen them play a few times the last 5 years...solid football program.

I don't doubt that they allow carry on campus.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan
a reply to: RomeByFire

The official narratives are half baked and riddled with plotholes but sheople just lap that crap up! Even when the official narrative changes, it's still lapped up! People are coming up with their own theories as to what is going on because the one's who are supposed to be telling us the truth, the government, aren't.

You're not wrong, and that's why I don't own cable and don't read any "news," from "mainstream media," (this includes FOX).

I also don't trust the equally half baked and incosistent "alternative stories."

It's just my opinion, though. I speak for myself and no one else.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Since people don't want age limits for guns and seem to believe that more guns make a place safer, the obvious conclusion is that the students should all be armed. Then they could stop the unstable but armed teachers and do the security guard's job when he/she is hiding outside. And since they identified the last dude as a potential school shooter long before he actually did it, they clearly understand the situation better than us adults do.

(sarcasm obviously)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

After seeing the results, anyone who thinks gun free zones are a great idea-is an idiot.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

Also with a race problem in parts of the US, how will cops react to a non white armed teacher? If there's another school shooting, and there are multiple teachers with guns, and a shooter....it just sounds like problems waiting to happen.

Same exact way they'd react to a white teacher. This is why the media is America's number 1 enemy. They make you think things are what they're not.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: neo96

You have proved it time and time again when you bring up abortion.
Gun rights are great by you but women's right to choose.....
You can not pick and choose freedoms because you don't like some.

Choosing personal gun ownership is in no way related to choosing to murder another human. Most guns never shoot at anyone and surely don't murder a single person. All abortion doctors murder. That is their intent, and their job. They feed their families with blood money.

Right to murder huh?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Wrong thread.
edit on 28-2-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Since people don't want age limits for guns and seem to believe that more guns make a place safer, the obvious conclusion is that the students should all be armed. Then they could stop the unstable but armed teachers and do the security guard's job when he/she is hiding outside. And since they identified the last dude as a potential school shooter long before he actually did it, they clearly understand the situation better than us adults do.

(sarcasm obviously)

No different than how some people believe that legalizing drugs will make the country a safer place.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

The obvious solution is to find out what changed then fix that.

Im not saying that a governmental agency or some super wealthy moron like Soros is responsible for the spike in school shootings. But if the day comes that something like that were to happen, i would hope my neighbors in this country would be smart enough to want to find out the root cause of the issue before just giving up rights.

You don't need sarcasm, honestly. You just need to be willing to agree that if there is manipulation going on behind the scenes, we are fools for giving in to said manipulation without at least trying to expose it first.

So what changed? Until we can at least show half an effort to find out, I just do not want to give up any more gun rights.

I watched a bit this morning on the Today show. The kids from Florida were returning to class, and were given their opinions. One girl that kept getting replayed was saying that she wants to use their fear to create change. While she may not have meant it that way, as an adult with a decent understanding of human psychology, what I heard was that they want to use their fear as a way to change law.

Think about that for a minute. We are governing by fear now. I grew up in the shadow of The Greatest Generation, idolizing the words of people like Churchill. What would he think about that?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join