It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher with Gun in Custody after Barricading self in Classroom

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
CBS

DALTON, Ga. -- A teacher is in custody after police say he barricaded himself inside a classroom at a high school in northwest Georgia Wednesday, police say. Police responded to the report of shot or shots fired at Dalton High School in Dalton and reported via Twitter that a person, believed to be a teacher, was barricaded inside. A Dalton police spokesperson tells CBS News the teacher had a gun.

This comes far too close to the call to arm teachers to be coincidence. This whole thing is being engineered.

Police with guns can't be relied on. Teacher's can't be trusted with guns. Only solution. No Guns

Edit to clarify...the above statement is what I see as what tptb considers the only option...it is not mine

You may have different thoughts. I likely won't change my opinion. Seen too much in my life and it is piling up.

edit on 28-2-2018 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2018 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well that's an incredibly convenient coincidence.

And the timing, wow, just wow.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
One thing they haven't discussed about possibly arming teachers is their mental health. It's easy to train someone on the mechanics and use of a gun. But is that person a safe candidate to handle the role of protector? Since mental health plays the largest role of all in all these acts of terrorism and extreme violence and murder against others, it should be a big issue to involve in the conversation in these types of decisions.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
One thing they haven't discussed about possibly arming teachers is their mental health. It's easy to train someone on the mechanics and use of a gun. But is that person a safe candidate to handle the role of protector and have access to a gun in the school? Since mental health plays the largest role of all in all these acts of terrorism and extreme violence and murder against others, it should be a big issue to involve in the conversation in these types of decisions.

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Wow. That is pathetic. So predictable. Now they are literally engineering crimes out of thin air to sway public opinion. Do really live in Soviet Russia?

If this was real then, I'd say this probably was the worst case of "Deja Vu" ever to come into existence,

When everyone is discussing the idea of arming teachers.... I'm not buying this B.S.

edit on 28-2-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

i shall be blunt - anyone who thinks that " armed teachers " = a solution - is an idiot

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So everything that doesn't fit your narrative has to be engineered?.
Heck we don't know crap about it yet...

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Police with guns can't be relied on. Teacher's can't be trusted with guns. Only solution. No Guns

I don't think so.

The only thing that can't be relied on is people bothering to read the Bill of Rights, and protecting their own effing civil liberty.

There's no solution for that unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Only solution. No Guns

No guns for the government or police either? Or just no guns for public citizens?

Do you not see anything wrong with either of those scenarios?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Anybody else got any bright ideas?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Why am I not surprised people are immediately passing this off as a hoax?

Denial much?

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Anybody else got any bright ideas?

I came up with internets schools.

But they didn't like it.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Maybe I missed it, but I never heard the call to force teachers to train and be armed, rather vets and ex police officers/military who likely already have a gun in addition to years of practice/service.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Bullet proof vests as mandatory school uniforms.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Only solution. No Guns

No guns for the government or police either? Or just no guns for public citizens?

Do you not see anything wrong with either of those scenarios?

I find something wrong with both those scenarios. Am well aware why we have the 2nd amendment and exactly how quickly we would be taken over if we didn't.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Yeah, not all teachers should be able to have a gun in school. There are teachers who are a little unstable, I know a few who should not ever be allowed to have a gun in school.

In fact I hunted and camped with a group of guys years ago and they told me not to hunt around one of the guys, who was a teacher. I went the other way every day. He sure shot a lot out there, never got a deer either. I guess the safest place for a deer to be was in the sights of his gun. I have to say though, he seemed a lot more tranquil at the end of that long weekend, I guess shooting at animals even if he didn't kill them, took away his stress. When I go out hunting and see a buck, I picture someone who pissed me off on the deer. I kill the deer and feel lots better. I really do not have to shoot it seven times, but most times I have a long list by November

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Seriously? It seems way to obvious for an incident like this to happen the very time the discussion about arming teachers comes up? It has nothing to do with narrative whatsoever. It just seems all too planned.

Even if the whole incident is true. It's funny how that all works out. You know as well as I do the MSM will use this as ammunition.

I never accepted the idea of arming teachers in the first place but it sure is nice to know there is an incident for every bad idea that happens at the right time.
edit on 28-2-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Well that's an incredibly convenient coincidence.

And the timing, wow, just wow.

All they forgot was to have a student shot.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

originally posted by: testingtesting

Seriously? It seems way to obvious for an incident like this to happen the very time the discussion about arming teachers comes up? It has nothing to do with narrative whatsoever. It just seems all too planned.

Even if the whole incident is true. It's funny how that all works out. You know as well as I do the MSM will use this as ammunition.

I never accepted the idea of arming teachers in the first place but it sure is nice to know there is an incident for every bad idea that happens at the right time.

Sometimes things just happen.

Period.

posted on Feb, 28 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

It still doesn't mean it has been engineered the facts are we don't know the facts so let's wait a while eh before jumping to conclusions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join