It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read the arrest report on the Florida shooting suspect

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
a reply to: MotherMayEye
Private schools tend to have far more affluent clientele and with that comes all the socioeconomic benefits: proper nutrition, proper care, less exposure to trauma while young. These in turn lessen the chance of developing a psychological disorder. But even if one does develop, that wealth gives greater access to psychological help. This may be a slight generalisation, but wealthy people tend to prefer the status quo and have children 'fixed' with professional help. Many poorer people have neither the time nor money for a proper psychologist and instead opt for a psychiatrist who just shoves them pills, which do not solve anything but rather suppress it.

As I said, studies that have looked at mass shooters have concluded that they don't suffer from the socioeconomic disparities that other criminals tend to suffer from.

I even wrote that in my comment you responded to.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

It is taking two big dudes to carry the bag. I also saw comments that it might have been a body or a dead / wounded police dog.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya
The vid of the teacher was taking a week after the event, so this may explain her calmness. She does point to a mark on her arm where she was grazed by the bullet.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Thank you for posting that.

I don't know what to make of it either, but the girl he interviews (Alex View), definitely starts talking about gun control after he says it is 9:32 and asks if she is ok with him recording her.

Very odd. All of it.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos

It is taking two big dudes to carry the bag. I also saw comments that it might have been a body or a dead / wounded police dog.

I saw such comments too. I'd be more likely to believe it's a K9's body than a person's body. And, sadly, I know from experience that it would be quite heavy. I haven't seen any reports of a K9 unit involved though. Have you?

ETA: I just did a quick search and only saw mention of K9 comfort dogs. No mention of K9 units in the building.
edit on 26-2-2018 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Here is an article that states he was masked. Now, supposing he did manage to walk in and change into all the gear before shooting then change out of it to calmly walk out with the students and then go down the mall for an hour to grab something to eat and he was seen shooting under cover of a mask. How do the authorities know it was actually him shooting? This reminds me of the Batman shooting scenario.

Article

Updated with additional details: “The shooter wore a gas mask, and he had smoke grenades; he set off the fire alarm so the kids would come pouring out of the classrooms and into the hall, and there the carnage began,” the senior senator from Florida Bill Nelson told CNN this evening, citing the FBI as his source.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

a reply to: Ridhya
The vid of the teacher was taking a week after the event, so this may explain her calmness. She does point to a mark on her arm where she was grazed by the bullet.

Probably so. I'm not one to judge too harshly at how people react in times of crisis. We're all different, and even as individuals we can react differently to different crises. But you're right, by the time she gave this interview, she had plenty of time to recover from the initial shock, process events, and be grateful that the bullet grazing her arm was the worst to happen.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Now, supposing he did manage to walk in and change into all the gear before shooting then change out of it to calmly walk out with the students and then go down the mall for an hour to grab something to eat and he was seen shooting under cover of a mask. How do the authorities know it was actually him shooting? This reminds me of the Batman shooting scenario.

Presumably because they saw him take the gear off on the security cameras...

But under the circumstances, I'm finding it impossible to presume anything or give anyone the benefit of the doubt. I want to see the evidence. I want videos, audios, police reports, witness transcripts -- ALL OF IT!

I have to point out also, this is a mentally/emotionally disturbed kid who just lost his mother and is pretty much alone in the world. Very vulnerable, very easily manipulated, very easily framed. Especially when it's the full force and weight of the government against him.... an obviously corrupted government.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

no I didn't see any reports of K9 units either, but if the bag is that heavy for two strapping dudes to carry, then one 18 year old kid is not going to manage it, so I would say it is not the duffle bag with his gear in it.

Further to the cop that was named/shamed for not going in, it seems he was not the only one, so was there a wait for more back up order given? Why have the other cops not been treated in the same way? If they were there, then there was a team of 4, which would have been enough to go in, so were they told to wait or what?

Article

Broward County Sheriff’s Deputy Scot Peterson was not the only armed deputy who had not entered Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School to confront the shooter when Coral Springs police officers arrived. CNN reported that three other Broward County Sheriff’s deputies were also outside the building and had not moved to enter to take on the alleged shooter Nikolas Cruz who killed 17 people on Feb. 14 in Parkland, Florida. Coral Springs unnamed sources told CNN that the deputies had their pistols drawn, but were behind their vehicles outside the school. When Coral Springs officers arrived on site, they entered the building and were later joined by new Broward County Sheriff’s deputies. According to CNN, Coral Springs police were “stunned and upset” that the original deputies on scene did not join them inside the school.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Here is an article that states he was masked. Now, supposing he did manage to walk in and change into all the gear before shooting then change out of it to calmly walk out with the students and then go down the mall for an hour to grab something to eat and he was seen shooting under cover of a mask. How do the authorities know it was actually him shooting? This reminds me of the Batman shooting scenario.

Article

Updated with additional details: “The shooter wore a gas mask, and he had smoke grenades; he set off the fire alarm so the kids would come pouring out of the classrooms and into the hall, and there the carnage began,” the senior senator from Florida Bill Nelson told CNN this evening, citing the FBI as his source.

How does that work with this account?

At about 2:21 p.m., the shooting began. Bullets streamed from the hallway, through doorways, into classrooms on the first floor.

In a psychology class, a bullet came in through the window in the classroom door and skimmed past Meghan Hill's ear, trailing an intense ringing sound. It struck her friend in the knee. Three others also were hit. The gunman moved on.

"No one was crying," said Mackenzie Hill, Meghan's twin sister, relaying her sister's memories. The wounded were moaning.

After firing into four classrooms on the first floor, police say the gunman went upstairs.

Mackenzie, who'd just left the psychology class to use an upstairs bathroom, saw a man with a gun at the other end of the second-floor hallway. Mackenzie said she recognized him.

"I immediately knew it was him," she said. She remembered the boy from her middle school and from the Dollar Store in town. She recalled his terrifying Instagram posts about wanting to kill people. "I always had a bad feeling about him," she said.

Mackenzie, caught in the hallway, rushed to the nearest classroom. She knocked on the door.

But the school had gone on lockdown. She couldn't get in.

Link

He couldn't have had on a mask if "Mackenzie" immediately knew it was him and remembered him from the dollar store....unless he worked there wearing the same mask.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Here's another account saying she recognized his face:

“I immediately knew it was him,” she told The Post, recognizing Cruz’s face. She remembered the boy from her middle school, and from the dollar store in town. She recalled his terrifying Instagram posts about wanting to kill people. “I always had a bad feeling about him,” she said.

Link

How did she recognize his face if he had a mask on?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

no I didn't see any reports of K9 units either, but if the bag is that heavy for two strapping dudes to carry, then one 18 year old kid is not going to manage it, so I would say it is not the duffle bag with his gear in it.

That was my thought as well -- and Cruz is pretty scrawny. I cannot imagine him walking "purposefully" while trying to lug that heavy bag. So what else could it be?

Further to the cop that was named/shamed for not going in, it seems he was not the only one, so was there a wait for more back up order given? Why have the other cops not been treated in the same way? If they were there, then there was a team of 4, which would have been enough to go in, so were they told to wait or what?

It bothered me from the start that this one deputy was named and shamed with absolutely no context -- virtually no information what happened before, during or after the shooting. The Sheriff said the deputy arrived approximately 90 seconds after the shooting started and that he was on the radio. I thought it was unfair to the deputy, irresponsible and unethical to say the least. And when it came out that he wasn't the only one, it only made me more suspicious about why this deputy in particular -- and only this deputy -- was named and shamed.

And I agree that one cop would probably be told to wait for backup, but four cops should be enough to do something. And I cannot believe that we're dealing with four cowards here. I do believe that they were told NOT to enter the building, to stand down.

It may be because the SRO (Peterson) had written an email a couple years ago that was critical of the way the program was being run, and of the guy running it at the time. Apparently his higher-ups didn't like him crossing that thin blue line and he was disciplined for his lack of discretion -- just counseling, I believe. That may be why he was singled out and thrown under the bus.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Things that make you go 'Hmmm....' From the same link:

In Mackenzie’s classroom upstairs, a police officer broke through the glass in the door, preparing the students to evacuate. The officer noticed that one of the students was wearing a bulletproof vest. Asked about the vest, the student explained he had carried it with him to school because his father is a police officer, Mackenzie recalled.

So did this student wear a vest everyday to school? Or just on this particular day? Did his daddy tell him to wear the vest to school on that day?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

I noticed that, too. Seemed very unusual to me, as well.
edit on 2/26/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

How did she recognize his face if he had a mask on?

Mackenzie, who'd just left the psychology class to use an upstairs bathroom, saw a man with a gun at the other end of the second-floor hallway. Mackenzie said she recognized him.

Either she's lying... or someone else is... and/or someone was wearing a mask and other gear but it wasn't Cruz.

But I'm going with she's lying, because her story makes no sense. She was just on her way to the bathroom... and didn't hear the fire alarm go off? Or her class heard it and ignored it? And no one heard all that shooting on the first floor? So she was just moseying along to the bathroom totally oblivious to everything??? Nope. No way.

In fact, odd that there is no mention of the fire alarm at all. Just about Cruz shooting the first floor up.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This is worth a read -- and many videos to watch.

Students Confused – Father Reports Student Told Expect Active Shooter Drill.

A father reports that a student told him “ they had a fire drill and were supposed to have an active shooter drill.”

Student Rebecca Bogart wasn’t sure whether the reports of shooting were a drill at first. The school had a fire drill earlier that day, and she knew it was common to do an active shooter drill. When she saw windows shattered and a bullet near the blinds she finally realized the bullets were real.

Were those windows shattered from the inside or the outside?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
But I'm going with she's lying, because her story makes no sense.

I sent you a U2U.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Huh? So the girl saw a bullet lying on the floor? I wonder if she meant a shell casing lying on the floor, but then that would denote that the shooter was near the window when shooting. Was the shooter looking out the broken window, or shooting out the window? Is there any reports of the shooter shooting at the authorites?

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Yeah, strange huh? And yet more conflicting reports. The questions I have about this account are, if she was going up stairs and saw him up stairs at the other end of the hall, would that not have been after he shot up the first floor of class rooms? So why is she out and about during a shooting? Or, was she on the first floor going up to the toilets and saw him at the other end of the first floor hallway just before he started shooting?
The other question I have, considering the length of the building/hall way, and remembering my own school corridors, which didn't have a huge amount of light getting in from the classrooms, but the stairwells at the end were usually well lit with big windows, wouldn't he be more in silhouette? How could she clearly recognise him from that distance while being back lit in a glimps, as I assume when she saw the gun she didn't hang about.

More conflicting accounts.

Article 1

PBCSO was called four days later with a report that Cruz had allegedly “lashed out against the family that took him in.” Deputies found Cruz at a local park and spoke with him. He told them he was upset because he had lost a photo of his late mother. But the family with which he was staying claimed he had just bought a gun and they believed he was coming back to use it against them.

Arti cle 2

Nikolas Cruz was immature, quirky and depressed when James and Kimberly Snead took him into their Parkland home. But he was pleasant and seemed to be growing happier, they said. How the 19-year-old turned into a killer still baffles them. “We had this monster living under our roof and we didn’t know,” Kimberly Snead told the South Florida Sun Sentinel in an exclusive interview Saturday. “We didn’t see this side of him.” “Everything everybody seems to know, we didn’t know,” James Snead said. “It’s as simple as that.”

Looks like he had started seeing a therapist too (how unusual for someone who turns out to be a school shooter!).

Five days before the shooting, Kimberly Snead took Cruz to the office of a therapist she has been seeing. Cruz said he was open to therapy but didn’t like medication. He took a business card and was figuring out what his health insurance would cover.

Seems he had a fractured right hand too. Was he right handed? Would this not affect his ability to shoot if he was right handed?

Cruz had a “boxer’s fracture” in his right hand after falling on a step in their house about three weeks ago. They now think he removed the cast on his hand, the second he’d had, the day of the shooting. He’d also removed the first cast.

Looks like he was going to inherit a fair bit of money in a couple of years, so why would you throw all that away and do a mad shooting where you are going to either be dead or lose all that money and freedom?

Cruz told them he stood to inherit at least $800,000 from his deceased parents. Most of the money would come when he turned 22, he said. The Sneads have since seen paperwork they think supports the claim he was going to be very financially comfortable.

And why did the Secret Service change the safety protocol a few weeks before the shooting? Was that why the officers didn't go storming in? Was that one of the changes?

The more I look /read the stranger this whole thing gets.

posted on Feb, 26 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Huh? So the girl saw a bullet lying on the floor?

Hmmmm... I thought she meant a bullet lodged in the wall by the blinds (window).

I wonder if she meant a shell casing lying on the floor, but then that would denote that the shooter was near the window when shooting. Was the shooter looking out the broken window, or shooting out the window? Is there any reports of the shooter shooting at the authorites?

I haven't seen any such reports. In fact, I haven't seen any reports of any LEOs engaging/encountering Cruz on school grounds. I'm wondering if Cruz was out of the building before any LEOs even went into the building. Or maybe they crossed paths as the LEOs went up and he came down.

Assuming that the windows were tempered glass, so the windows cracked but didn't exactly break (sending glass shards everywhere), then wouldn't it make sense that the bullet she saw was inside the classroom and not outside the classroom? And if it were in fact that bullet that shattered the window, then it had to come from outdoors, wouldn't it? If it had been shot from the hallway and hit the window, then the bullet would have to be outside the window.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join