It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read the arrest report on the Florida shooting suspect

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: MotherMayEye

A lot of people mentioned there was a drill earlier in the day. It was a fire drill.

Yes. So I’ve heard. Why was David Hogg interviewing students at 9:32 a.m. about a school shooter?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
So now this is beginning to sound really confusing or off, but clearly its full of incomplete data. Let's ask the unsavory questions;

1, what do we know about the 17ish people that died? (as in, issues with the shooter, gang affiliations, gang issues such as standing up to them or owing them money), parents and spouses of the dead being involved in some type of criminal coverup.

2, how many shooters were there really? It looks like one confirmed shoot that we can say for certain, but it's possible that there may have been more based off the description of what people saw and what the arrested shooter said.

3, did the shooter have any accomplices? Unlike the question above, this isn't necessary aimed at other shooters, but rather at people the might have purposely gave out false information to the authorities in an attempt to allow the shooter to get away. The girl that said she was with the shooter, the boy who claimed that the shooter told him to find another way, the sheriffs that stood by outside, and possibly school officials that may have been involved in this event too.

4, finally the simplest question to ask. was this kid just being used by some group as a participating patsy? We know that these school districts were fleecing the system for more money, but since that fund might be drying up, did they create this situation as a way of saying that they need the money or else bad things happen? who benefits from this event, and have they been exposed yet?

***DISCLAMER***

I know that these are controversial questions to ask, and I don't personally think that there is more then the one shooter, but if we don't ask these questions than we won't know for sure. After all if nobody asked any questions about Vince Foster, Seth Rich, Michael Hastings, Christopher Dorner, then nothing would ever get exposed.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
a reply to: Boadicea

Shooting reported at 2:23 pm. Hmm that's odd because David Hogg did an interview of terrified classmates during the shooting but he states the time as 9:32 am. Something doesn't add up here.

What's more odd to me is the sound of an emergency radio in the background. They talk over it but you can hear them say law enforcement and thank you very much but it goes on for almost the whole interview. Why would anyone in a classroom have an emergency radio?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Why didn't the school monitor who identified Cruz as he arrived notify the resource officer?
Why is this monitor and the Uber driver (the only 2 to identify Cruz) left unnamed?

Good questions. The sheriff was sure quick to name Peterson as he threw him under the bus... why not name the heroes?

I still have a big problem with that. If the officer screwed up, he screwed up. But if you're going to publicly out him and damn him for those four-and-a-half minutes, then tell us what led up to those minutes and what happened after those minutes. The sheriff said he did "nothing" but also said he was on the radio, so he obviously did something. And note that the sheriff didn't say the deputy "defied orders," but simply accused him of dereliction of duty. From a few LEO blogs I've been reading, it seems that the deputy would have been expected to call it in first and foremost, and received instructions/orders from there... so what were those instructions/orders? What did the sheriff's office tell him (and the other deputies on scene) to do -- or NOT to do?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

A lot of people mentioned there was a drill earlier in the day. It was a fire drill.

Yes. So I’ve heard. Why was David Hogg interviewing students at 9:32 a.m. about a school shooter?

I've seen that video. I have some questions about it. The first girl he interviews appears to be while they're hiding in a closet. If you were hiding in a closet during an active shooter situation, isn't the entire point that you are trying to stay hidden from the shooter? What kind of time is that to be conducting interviews? If I was in that closet with him I would've knocked him the # out for making any noise whatsoever.

The rest of the video is ambiguous though. The accompanying video stops after the first girl, and then it just shows clips of the news coverage from the scene. He says it's 9:32, but he doesn't say whether it's AM or PM, and there is a lot of background noise. It sounds like either a radio or TV on in the background. If you were still hiding during an active shooter situation, would you be listening to a radio or TV or making any noise whatsoever?

I wouldn't say that video proves he interviewed anyone about the shooting at 9:32AM the day of the shooting. Unless I'm missing something. The 2nd person he interviews could easily just be later on that evening.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure everybody in that building could hear the shots. Every interview I've seen they mention hearing shots.

Of course, especially since Cruz was on every floor; although the only account I've heard of Cruz shooting on the third floor specifically comes from the teacher. Official reports that I've seen report that Cruz abandoned his gear on the third floor, but not that shots were fired. Might just be because I'm not seeing many reports that specifically ask what floor/room the witness was in.

ETA: Also, the reason some thought they should stay in class was because they just had a fire drill earlier in the day and some people initially assumed the alarm the shooter pulled was some kind of mistake. Which is irresponsible as #, when the fire alarm goes off you evacuate, period. It could've been a real fire.

Also odd that some teachers had been informed of an upcoming "code red" drill, but not all teachers.
edit on 25-2-2018 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Shooting reported at 2:23 pm. Hmm that's odd because David Hogg did an interview of terrified classmates during the shooting but he states the time as 9:32 am. Something doesn't add up here.

What's more odd to me is the sound of an emergency radio in the background. They talk over it but you can hear them say law enforcement and thank you very much but it goes on for almost the whole interview. Why would anyone in a classroom have an emergency radio?

It really sounds to me like the 2nd interview is later on that day, after the shooting was over. He doesn't say it's 9:32am. He just says it's 9:32. That interview is put back to back with the first interview that appears to be taken during the shooting, although it's still odd that they would be doing that while they're hiding.

That part definitely doesn't make sense to me, in the first interview.

And that dude really does look #ing 25. That doesn't mean anything, telling age by the way someone looks is spotty at best lol just sayin

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Even if he didn't go to every floor, if you're on the 3rd floor you will hear gunshots on the 1st or 2nd floor. Unless the building is the size of the Pentagon.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I'm curious Boadicea, has the video that supposedly shows his cowardice (I'm not sure how that can be determined) been released to the public? And is it expected to be ever?

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I think we can confidently rule out that students were still hiding in the school at 9:32 pm. Unless, you have something to suggest there were some.

I wonder when Hogg gave his first news interview following the shooting.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
So now this is beginning to sound really confusing or off, but clearly its full of incomplete data. Let's ask the unsavory questions;

Unsavory, but necessary.

1, what do we know about the 17ish people that died? (as in, issues with the shooter, gang affiliations, gang issues such as standing up to them or owing them money), parents and spouses of the dead being involved in some type of criminal coverup.

Possibly the ex-girlfriend and/or her new boyfriend that he had reportedly fought with previously? I have also wondered about the ROTC program, and where that is in relation to the building. Some kind of revenge on the program? That's just possible speculation on my part. I haven't heard any suggested motives at all.

2, how many shooters were there really? It looks like one confirmed shoot that we can say for certain, but it's possible that there may have been more based off the description of what people saw and what the arrested shooter said.

Multiple shooters would answer a few questions I have... and I cannot rule it out... but I'm not stuck on it either.

3, did the shooter have any accomplices? Unlike the question above, this isn't necessary aimed at other shooters, but rather at people the might have purposely gave out false information to the authorities in an attempt to allow the shooter to get away. The girl that said she was with the shooter, the boy who claimed that the shooter told him to find another way, the sheriffs that stood by outside, and possibly school officials that may have been involved in this event too.

Interesting... I don't know. I wonder if police have interviewed the girl who claimed to walk and talk with Cruz?

4, finally the simplest question to ask. was this kid just being used by some group as a participating patsy? We know that these school districts were fleecing the system for more money, but since that fund might be drying up, did they create this situation as a way of saying that they need the money or else bad things happen? who benefits from this event, and have they been exposed yet?

With Vegas, one of the theories is that it was security equipment corporations creating a "demand" for their services and goods... which of course they will be happy to supply.

***DISCLAMER***

I know that these are controversial questions to ask, and I don't personally think that there is more then the one shooter, but if we don't ask these questions than we won't know for sure. After all if nobody asked any questions about Vince Foster, Seth Rich, Michael Hastings, Christopher Dorner, then nothing would ever get exposed.

Agreed. We should not need to take anyone's word for anything... and especially not the word of government. The burden of proof is on them.
edit on 25-2-2018 by Boadicea because: spelling

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

I'm curious Boadicea, has the video that supposedly shows his cowardice (I'm not sure how that can be determined) been released to the public? And is it expected to be ever?

To my knowledge, no, it has not been released. And I have not heard that it will be, but that doesn't mean anything.

I think it should have been released at the same time the sheriff publicly named and shamed the deputy... along with any and all communication between the deputy and the department.

I'm not giving the deputy a free pass. But I'm not taking the sheriff's word for anything, and I want to know exactly what went wrong -- before, during and after.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Since at least some of the teachers were told that there would be a "code red" drill in the future, I wonder if Hogg was told as well... and the interview was part of an assignment or something. I think I read that he's in the drama department. Maybe journalism program also?

Just a thought I had, trying to figure out why he made it to begin with. I agree it seems bizarre that they would be talking if actually hiding for their lives...

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Since at least some of the teachers were told that there would be a "code red" drill in the future, I wonder if Hogg was told as well... and the interview was part of an assignment or something. I think I read that he's in the drama department. Maybe journalism program also?

Just a thought I had, trying to figure out why he made it to begin with. I agree it seems bizarre that they would be talking if actually hiding for their lives...

Ok, I found that weird interview he did that so many people thought was scripted. David Hogg specifically says the school had a "FIRE drill" that day:

Link

All the students would be required to leave the building during a fire drill. They wouldn't be hiding in a closet doing interviews about an active school shooter. And David Hogg would have no reason to tell CNN it was a fire drill if he was led to believe it was a 'code red'/active shooter drill.

Also, 9:32 is a VERY specific time and it's five hours earlier than the shooting. Surely, he saw that time on a clock, somewhere. He even says the time as he begins to record a girl named 'Alex' and she doesn't correct him if he got the time so wildly wrong.

Is any journalist going to ask this kid about why he said it was 9:32 or are they going to just continue calling anyone questioning him "vicious?"

(BTW, it's not "vicious" to question Colton Haab.)

ETA: One other thing, when the first girl he interviews is talking, you can see a window, at one point, and it's clearly day time....I think we can safely say he meant 9:32 a.m, not 9:32 p.m.

ETA2: If David Hogg was interviewing students about an active shooter and getting their thoughts on gun control at 9:32 a.m., BEFORE the shooting....then it's extremely troubling.

Did he have foreknowledge of the shooting? Someone needs to seriously question him about that with plenty of follow up to whatever his answer is.

Also, I wanted to add something to your thoughts about school alternatives.

Nearly, all school shootings in the last 45 years have taken place in PUBLIC schools operated by government. Link

Private schools make up 25% of schools and nearly 15% of students go to private school.

Given school shooters don't *typically* suffer from socioeconomic disparities -- unlike other types of violent criminals -- and given they are typically white males that share traits like narcissism, a sense of entitlement, feelings of superiority (according to the FBI)...

...I wonder why school shootings don't occur proportionately in private schools? I get that there is not a huge sampling of cases...but there is a longevity of cases. Also, the profile of a school shooter doesn't seem to exclude kids in private schools. What is it that the government is doing wrong that makes the schools they operate so much more dangerous?

How do white males manage to go to private schools and not kill masses of students and teachers?

edit on 2/25/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

So it seems the first part of his video stating it's 9:32 is during the fire drill before the shooting. Why is he hiding in a closet during a fire drill? If there really was a fire, hiding in a closet would be stupid.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

All good questions that I don't have answers for.

My best guess in the grand scheme of it all is that we have three different vectors for mis- and dis-information -- with some crossover of interests, so also some cooperation/collaboration. First, the media spin... Second, the political spin... and Third, the CYA spin.

Regarding the virtual absence of parochial school shootings, I saw a conversation about that on another website. I think they found one parochial school shooting period. If I recall correctly, they found more military school shootings than parochial school shootings. It's something for the folks who study and analyze these things to consider.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Exactly.

The fire drill explanation doesn't make sense. Plus, when he says it's 9:32, the girl he says it to when he asks her permission to record, begins to talk about guns, not fire.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

So it seems the first part of his video stating it's 9:32 is during the fire drill before the shooting. Why is he hiding in a closet during a fire drill? If there really was a fire, hiding in a closet would be stupid.

I just listened to this again. He definitely say it's 9:32 and she responds yes and she starts talking about guns. How does that make sense? It's hours before the shooting.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I read about one that was threatened and thwarted.

Thought that was pretty interesting, too.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Khaleesi

Exactly.

The fire drill explanation doesn't make sense. Plus, when he says it's 9:32, the girl he says it to when he asks her permission to record, begins to talk about guns, not fire.

I just checked about the time the shooting started.

www.nytimes.com...

He arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland in an Uber at 2:19 p.m. on Wednesday and pulled out a semiautomatic AR-15 rifle, according to details described by the authorities at a news conference on Thursday.

He arrived at 2:19.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join