It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

... Mind Reading Artificial Intelligence --- Thought Identification... and ... Y-O-U- ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Howdy again Y'all!

This tech, and its exponentially expanding capability is frightening to say the least.
This is the dawn of the "Post Privacy Age".
Even your deepest thoughts and secrets are not safe.

How far away can actual literal "Thought Police" be?
This thought reading, and capturing technology is astounding in its possibilities.
Can they play back your old memories and beam them back into your skull?
Make you want/desire things?

When coupled with the inventions of Mr Hendricus Loos utilizing his theorized "sensory resonance" even more frightening possibilities occur. You could potentially force outside thoughts into peoples' minds.

Q. What do you think about that?
A. Whatever the AI tells you to, that's what.

Lately I have been hearing several anecdotal stories of people having Amazon/Google ads show up relating to what they were THINKING ABOUT.
Not conversing about, or typing about, but MERELY THINKING OF.

Mind-Reading Computer Instantly decodes people's thoughts

A new computer program can decode people's thoughts almost in real time, new research shows. Researchers can predict what people are seeing based on the electrical signals coming from electrodes implanted in their brain, and this decoding happens within milliseconds of someone first seeing the image, the scientists found.

the electrodes were hooked up to a powerful computer program that analyzed brain signals 1,000 times a second, determining what brain signals looked like when someone was viewing a house versus a face. For the first two-thirds of the images, the computer program got a label, essentially telling it, "This is what brain signals look like when someone views a house." For the remaining one-third of the pictures, the computer was able to predict, with 96 percent accuracy, what the person actually saw, the researchers reported Jan. 21 in the journal PLOS Computational Biology. What's more, the computer accomplished this task within 20 milliseconds of the instant the person looked at the object

In recent years, scientists have made tremendous strides in decoding human thoughts. In a 2011 study, researchers translated brain waves into the movie clips people were watching at the time. In 2014, two scientists transmitted thoughts to each other using a brain-to-brain link. And other studies have shown that computers can "see" what people are dreaming about, using only their brain activity.

Facebook 'working' on tech to let you type with your thoughts and 'hear with your skin'

Ten mind-reading technologies that might make you freak out.

Thought Identificaton

If you cant even be FULLY SURE that your thoughts are your own, then what is left?
What are we then?
Holograms?
Drones?
Welcome to the MATRIX

SWEET DREAMS EVERYONE

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I am almost positive I have had this happen to me recently. I was merely thinking about something, and sure as sh!t, right after that, I'm getting served ads for the exact same thing. I never mentioned it to anyone. Kinda makes you feel like you're going crazy. I obviously can't prove this, but it would have to be one helluva coincidence.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

The big question is, if it's been studied just now how can "the internet" already push ads relating to the thoughts of the user?

Is there someone lying maybe a bit? I think we get informed now that this is possible because we have to be accepting the next step, for our own convenience of course.
RFID chips as interface. Complete with gps, alert in medical emergency, paypal/crypto, car steering, ...
You never walk alone.

On the hand the technology makes me go: Whoa that is so amazing and awesome! But our society and our political elite is definitely not ready for that.
edit on 23-2-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
How long has hearing voices been around?
Now think for yourself..theyve had this a long time. They might just think since its out now they are going full steam. Just imagine you go to the store and buy bread but not lunchmeats a voice starts calling you stupid and annoying or worthless. A.i...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

Auditory hallucinations is not even close to transmitting thoughts.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I have been noticing a trend lately where I have in my head a certain stray thought and then within a very short period of time, like a few hours, that thought - almost with the exact way I phrased it in my head - will pop up on TV / Internet. The reason it's noteworthy is because the original thought was idle and had basically nothing to do with whatever else I was thinking of at the time, and then when it showed up on the screen it was the way I remembered thinking it. In one case, the "revelation" answered a question I had in my head at the time. And these things are out of context. Not having anything specific to do with the shows I was watching.

I'm not sure it has anything to do with Google or anyone else reading my mind. It feels more like me anticipating something I would see in the future. Like lately my ESP has gotten some kind of boost that it didn't used to have.

I'm almost afraid to explore it much. It's fun if it only happens once in a blue moon, but not so much when it happens every other day. I don't want to be constantly paying attention to my thoughts in order to spot when I manage to be clairvoyant, because that would be like when I played around with lucid dreaming and would wake up tired because I had essentially been asleep but conscious during the night.

Yeah, it could be me making too much about coincidences, but that's just a word used to explain away something. What does "coincidence" really mean? What does it suggest? It's a puzzle I probably will never figure out.
edit on 23-2-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside
Just imagine you go to the store and buy bread but not lunchmeats a voice starts calling you stupid and annoying or worthless.

That's not mind reading AI. That's just the depression talking.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Oh so it tells me when someones near to my place. It talks like a computer a.i. when i get it to disconnect. Dont be idiots..voices are not hallucinations.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Brain cells uses electrical impulses to communicate between each other and probably store information the same way as I's and O's but at a biological scale.

I would not be surprise if a device that can translate those impulses actually exist.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I think the guy's phone was listening or filming and that's where the information about the socket was obtained.

The NSA is listening in real-time, and so is everyone else who is stealing our most private information.

There's a reason I have no electronics in my bedroom.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
i posted about a google mind reading incident that happened to me a few weeks ago. i never knew(or cared) what the abbreviation "smh" meant. i never asked anyone, i never "googled" it, and never typed it on my phone. i was reading a thread here, on ATS a few weeks ago about ufo's or the like, and a member used "smh" in a reply to someone. so i thought to myself, " i'm gonna look up what that means. So i googled. I typed "what does". before i could finish, the first 3 suggestions googled offered were" the fox say?", Trump have to do with Russia?", and "smh mean?". i threw my phone on my desk and got up and walked away from it. i thought i was just being paranoid and google could not possibly be reading my brain waves through my eyeballs. it appears i was wrong ...

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Interesting OP Dashen and it coincides with my own experiences. It makes so much more sense now. I wonder if they use this technique to profile every single one of us and use the accuired information to put us in different categories for later use. In which category do i fit in? Our world is about to change.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The thing is that they are lying. This is not just being studied now this technology is at least a decade old maybe double that. I am really slow pedaling on this thread but it is actually way worse than stated. Baby steps into the nightmare everyone. baby steps

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

Even if I'd believe your voices aren't hallucinations it would still be off-topic. Try hypersonic, or Audio Spotlight. Not the discussion here.

I'm a big girl, come on spit it out, where's this going?

edit on 23-2-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Have any of you guys, has had the experience of being block?

Is like sometimes I'm just navigating the net investigating and researching stuff and all of a sudden the phone and even my laptop just crash and the browser get close by itself without any explanation and it take a while for it to load up, and the search history is wash out.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MantheDevilsApe

Hmm interesting, what does smh mean? You mean you never got to find out? Ha

My results were a bit different to yours I typed into google “what does” and got

What does the fox say
What does smh mean
What does skol mean

That is freaky, these aren’t search terms I’ve used before so I could assume they are the most popular search terms but that doesn’t seem likely either. I can only imagine google analytics collates our data and trys to match the most likely fit based on that information. A bit like with YouTube video recommendations only more complex.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

For starters I have doing personal research that seems to be indicating that these touch screens especially blue screens are causing damage to nerve endings on a Quantum level. It also is beginning to appear to me that there is an increasing use of blue and yellow light in a ratio of 90 to 10 that is being used to manipulate the sodium ion channels of the peripheral nervous system.
Notice your TV and the commercials and your favorite shows . It is all filmed in either blue or yellowish-orange . And the scenes will alternate from Blue to yellowish-orange and then back again . Notice video games that you play 90% of the screen is blue 10% yellow . This is not a mistake according to my research these two wavelengths affect the electrical conductivity of sodium and potassium ions in solution . Within a few minutes of being exposed to certain types of pulse wave forms of electromagnetic radiation your mood and state of awareness and other conditions can be affected remotely. There is more.
Baby steps
edit on 2 23 2018 by dashen because: Baby steps

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I think it's important to differentiate between AI using predictive modeling for marketing purposes and true telepathy. There are all kinds of programs out there that will take your clicking history and preferences and start feeding you things others with similar profiles also like. TiVO has been doing this forever and most online services have some kind of "based on your selections, you might like this" recommendation lists. It's no different with people trying to sell you stuff. It's all about anticipating what you need and what you might be thinking based on the behavior patterns of other people like you. (We like to think that we're unique, but that is only true to a point.)

I'm curious about the stuff that pops up synchronistically that is not part of any marketing algorithm prediction. The stuff that is in the outside fringes of what would be considered a normal standard deviation.

For instance, while I was typing this, I just had a thought cross my mind about a guy throwing a Frisbee to a dog and the dog jumping and catching it in his mouth. Why? Don't know. But if for some reason on my way home tonight I happen to see a guy and a dog with Frisbee, or it pops up on the Internet, then that would be significant to me. (Although now that I've typed it, it has a better chance of being incorporated into a marketing sifter that could end up sending me stuff about dogs or frisbees.)

I guess the thing to do is an informal test. Try to think of a random thing, not having anything to do with your usual preferences or Internet clicking. Something with specificity. Don't tell anybody. Just write it on a slip of paper and tuck it away somewhere. But as you go through your day, see if it pops up either on the Internet or in "real life." See how accurate it was. If it was a question, see if it answered your question. It's not scientific, but might either give you more confidence that this kind of thing actually happens -- and more than you would think -- or it will freak you the hell out. Good luck.
edit on 23-2-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

For instance, while I was typing this, I just had a thought cross my mind about a guy throwing a Frisbee to a dog and the dog jumping and catching it in his mouth. Why?

I’d guess because you’ve seen to many ads..

Good point about the experiment you suggested, but don’t people generally refer to that kind of thing as synchronicity?

Here’s another simple experiment people can do, it involves two people though. One person stands with there face to a wall or blindfolded, while the other stands behind them and stares intently or looks away. The person facing the wall has to write down if they think the other person is staring at them or not. Each person makes a note of this over say 10 times and then compare results.
( the person doing the staring or not does so until the other indicates what they feel)

I took it in turns with a friend doing that and the results were 7/10 and 8/10 positive.

It’s basically a test for that feeling you get when someone is looking at you and you turn around only to see that they are.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

But that's old news. Just like the camera inside touchscreens. Colour and light to manipulate the mood is ancient. And disrupting sleeping patterns.
You think it's part of a greater scheme?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join